August 1, 2014 | 1680 users online

Skincare - Face - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 50% Glycolic Peel

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by heartmjo

i bought the 30% peel for like $12, packaging is like $7....
this is my 1st day..so far so good. slight stinging.. face looks bit glowy after peel.

i bought the sample ones... came as small as a beanie.. but its alright coz im a 1st time user..

will keep updates after 4rth peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by alula

Love this product so much. I'm on my 4th week and it's made a huge difference in my skin. I've been on RAM since March, but I would still get blackheads in my T-zone and dull skin. This makes my face so smooth, radiant, poreless, and *greatly* reduces my blackheads. Follow the directions and don't be tempted to go overboard. This is a great way to clean out your pores and firm up your skin. I look forward to using it every single week. Price isn't bad at all either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by nata1970

Very happy with the peel. Works great! Thank you all reviewers to share your positive opinion. I bought it bcs of you and very happy I did! It improved my combination skin with sun spots tremendously. Just make sure to start slow and follow the instructions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by shopchic143

To start off I have oily asian skin with a few breakouts around my chin area every so often. My skin scars easily so I have been looking around for something to help with that. I am also 30 so the fine lines are getting to me too. So I ordered the 50% glycolic peel. I started with the 50% because i've been continuously using aha and skinceuticals retinol 0.5% on my face already and figured my skin could take it. I started my first peel on a thursday night. Washed my face with the green tea cleansing bar, prepped my face with the ph prep solution, then applied a light thin layer of the peel with my finger tips like the instructions said. It was a little messy but tried to not get it in my eyes. Left it on for 1 minute, felt light tingling but no burning, then proceeded to use a washcloth and soap to get it off. Applied the lavender jelly from MUAC. My skin was slightly pink and felt tight and wonderful. My pimple that was on my chin was a little sore cause the peel made the pimple come up and out. Next morning as I applied my makeup, I noticed my face looked a lot smoother. The pimple scabbed up but I wasnt worried about scarring cause it wasnt dark like it usually is when I mess it by popping it with my fingers ( I know that's a no-no). Anyways my already existing scars seemed the same if not a little wee bit lighter.

During the week - in the morning after cleansing (cetaphil) and toning (skinceuticals equalizing toner), I use a moisturizer (currently MAC's strobe cream)
before applying sunscreen (Sheshido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55). At night I take off my makeup with DHC Cleansing Oil and wash and tone as usual and then apply my nightime moisturizer. Every other night instead of moisturizer I use Skinceuticals's Retinol 0.5.

Peel # 2 - I did this 4 days later on monday night. Went through the same routine for the peel but this time used a q-tip to apply the acid (it's a lot easier and less messy!) This time left it on for 3 min. Afterwards WOW!!! My scars on my chin faded a lot and the pimple that erupted last time was already healed with no scars! My skin was even smoother this time around!!! I love this stuff!

*UPDATE*
After peel 4 I broke out really bad around my chin/left cheek area I don't know if it was because of the peels or stress but now it is healing and that area of my face is like a war zone but the rest of my face is smooth and beautiful. Now when I have on foundation I don't see the little pores on my cheek, it's all nice and smooth.

*UPDATE* 1/02/09
So I have been doing the chemical peels every week since this started and seriously, I wouldn't know what I would do without it. There was one week in which I was a little late(like 3 days) in doing my peel, and it seemed like my skin burned a little bit more intensely. My skin, afterwards, had areas that felt like sandpaper, but to the naked eye looked normal. After a couple of days though it disappeared. Even though my pimples decreased dramatically, I was still getting tiny ones every so often. So I started using Differin Gel(prescription). In conjunction with the weekly peels my skin is now looking better than when I was 21. Hope this helps everyone!!!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

PERFECTION!!! I love MUAC peels. The 50% glycolic peel is great. It does burn a little bit, but not bad. I just sit in front of a fan. My face glows after each peel. I do the peel once a week and have minimal peeling...mostly under and around my nose. No down time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by junglyfranny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic. I bought the sample set and I'm amazed at how happy my skin is. The packaging is barebones but that can be easily overlooked in light of the magic inside. I can't believe how much money I could have saved by discovering this before I purchased a package of chemical peels earlier in the year. The results are the same (!!) plus I can do this in the comfort of my home whenever it's convenient. Since I had experience with peels already, I went straight to the 50% and I am up to 10 minutes once a week. It's a little burny but I fan my face just like my previous spa did and I have no or very little peeling. I have sun/age spots and a patch of melasma but it's too early to tell if this will fade these or not (I've only been using this for a month now). But overall my skin texture is crazy-smooth and blackheads and zits are very few (if any). The sample set (prep solution and glycolic acid) lasts a long time, I've been using this once a week for a month and I've only used less than 1/4 of each bottle. One other thing, remember to use a high SPF during the day not only because your skin will be more sensitive but to prevent wrinkles and sun/age spots. Take it from someone who wished she did in her younger days.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this on a weekly basis and have even gotten my husband to use it too. That is a miracle because he went through is early adult years with extremely bad acne which still flares if he is not careful about what he puts on his skin. We have both found that our skin is smoother and more even-toned when we use it regularly. It is so inexpensive relative to the other products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Goatster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used the 50% Glycolic peel for 7 months now. I LOVE it. My mom who is 67 also started using it. She had terrible damage to her skin from years of working in the sun. She had many age/sun spots. This stuff was a miracle for her. For those on the fence about using this go to this web page to see a before and after of my mom's face after using 50% Glycolic peel. This is NOT an advertisement! I do not sell this product but if you want to see the difference it can make go here:

No matter where you buy this product from you will not be sorry. The results are AMAZING. My sister told me in November that she could not get over how smooth my skin is now. I am 46 years old and had some folks convinced I was 37. It will take years of older skin

10 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product due to recommendations on this site and also due to the fact that I could get the product in a sampler kit. I really enjoy this product and saw some good effects. I would highly recommend unless you have very sensitive skin. The price is well worth the sample volume. I have had to stop using it for a while as I am now on Retin-A. I have had adult cystic acne for some time now and this product along with Acnase, and now Retin-A has helped quite a bit. If you are hesitant, do check out their site for sampler kits.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by opie1

Ok so I've been on the fence to buy this for soo long. You know what I mean - Its your face!
But I was battling hyperpigmentation, acne and really oily skin - so here goes..the first time I used it was surprised - didn't sting - but I use retin-a 1x week. Somewhat smoother face but no biggie. So being fickle I moved on. ! month later i found it again - tidied the bathroom ! - and now i've used it 2 fridays in a row.
the second time - WOW! - nothing has gotten rid of my blotchies so fast. better than retin- a even. now I'm committed to using this once a week - best skin care produt ever- no hype, no pretty package just phenomenal exfoliating and brightening.For the first time since I was 13 i can be comfortable up close with NO makeup.
The day after my skin feels dry and tight - uncomfortable but not painful. Never really peel- little flakies but nothing that you cant manage with some extra mostuirizer. Awesome product. Next I'm gonna try lactic peels with the copper serum

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No