August 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by makeyourbodylevitate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! My all time favorite hand cream. It makes my hands soft and shiny. It's not oily and muddy, and it absorbes quickly. The smell is gorgeous and weak, and that's how it should be! This hand cream is also very mild, not so strong and powerful. The cream dries after 5 minutes or less. Lovelyyyy. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by charlottesze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

feels a bit greasy at first but it's absorbed pretty quickly after a short while. my hands become smoother after applying this after a few days. the fragrance is a bit too strong for me, it would be great if it comes in a smaller tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by chantalm24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST LOTION EVER. My HG lotion. Smells great, works great, feels great, makes your skin nice and soft. Can't get any better than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this hand cream :) It smells so nice for starters, like a really nice sweet nutty smell :) It's not the thickest hand cream around, so if you have extremely dry hands it might not be the best product for you (if that's you, I can recommend Hemp hand protector by the Body Shop as well.) Even though it's not super thick, it still does a good job of keeping my hands soft. I use it once or twice a day, before bed and sometimes in the morning. My hands are pretty soft anyway, but if I don't use hand cream for a few days they start feeling a bit dry so this is really good for maintaining smooth hands. The price isn't actually too bad for the Body Shop, so it's worth the money ($18 Australian.) Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably one of my favourite hand creams. I love that it doesn't make me hands feel greasy and it absorbs quickly into my hands. I could probably use a pen 5 minutes or so after I apply this. Smells nice (not too strong unlike the BBW ones) and it's decently priced. Overall, I'm glad I bought the small size and will repurchase the original. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by CandySplitz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Bit of a 'meh' experience. It feels really greasy, barely absorbs and my hands have been looking more ravaged since I have been using this. Has a adorable smell, but its not worth it. Also its very expensive for the amount that you get, but that shouldn't be a suprise considering its from the Body Shop.
However, I do admire the Body Shop for what they are trying to achieve, especially when it comes to animal testing and natural products. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cream has a really nice texture and my hands feel moisturized especially since I have a tendency to wash my hands a lot. The smell is really nice but it can be too much so if you are sensitive to smell, i would say test this out first and have it on your hand for awhile before you buy it. Only need a small amount which is a good thing cause the tube is pricey. I prefer this over L'occitaine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cream! I get very dry hands in the winter and this works like a charm; I don't even notice it in the day because this cream works so well. I'm not obsessed about hand creams so I have only ever tried two other hand creams, and both were not pleasant - one stung and the other had to be reapplied every time you washed your hands; it simply didn't sink in. This is far from either! It sinks in after half a minute, tops and it isn't greasy, nor stingy. The scent is nice, but can be a tad nauseaus if you've gotten used to it (or maybe it's because I've just had some heavy apple juice...)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by adjective

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Carry some of this in my purse and keep some at home. Love the smell and love the way my hands feel afterwards-- not oily and mega moisture. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sesame57

A couple of years ago, I received a tube of The Body Shop's Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream as part of a Christmas present. At that time, I was on the hunt for another hand cream as my lotions from Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works were not providing much relief for me. I already had a trip to Las Vegas planned, so I threw in the tube of hand cream from The Body Shop into my suitcase and decided to test it out in the dry climates of Nevada. To my delight, it worked well and I have been a dedicated user of this product ever since.

The hand and nail cream is a light non-greasy formula that includes almond oil and soy oil to help repair skin's moisture barrier, restore moisture, and add smoothness to your hands. The shea butter softens and vitamins A, E, and F nourishes skin. The beeswax moisturizes as well as conditions the nail beds. The cream has a soft almond scent unlike some of the stronger scents from the Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works lotions.

I use this on a daily basis during the day and follow up at night with my Kiehl's hand cream. I also find that this hand and nail cream is perfect to use when giving manicures. I usually follow up the manicures I give myself at home with this product. While I admit that the price of this product is a bit high ($16.00 for a 3.4 fl. oz. tube), it's a good and long lasting product, especially when you factor in the organic and community trade ingredients incorporated into the cream. Furthermore, you don't need a lot of product to moisturize your hands, so it lasts a while for me. I highly recommend this product for people who are graduating from the heavy scented lotions and looking for real relief.