July 26, 2014 | 1800 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by angelenvy

I hesitate to use HG but this is very* very* close. Actually, I will refer to it as HG for now. This is like Potion 9 except doesn't weigh hair down. Now what is better than that? Bouncy, shiny, frizz-free hair. The goal of all hair products IMO. :P

Smell: green apples. Not overpowering and doesn't linger for very long. Texture/consistency: Runny, easy to distribute throughout hair. This distributes through hair smoothly and makes it easy to comb through. Almost feels like a gel-like leave in conditioner. Sculpts beautifully without making hair stringy or super flat. Takes care of frizz just as well or better than potion 9. Potion 9 tends to flatten my hair too much. Hair is soft and curls/waves look defined polished. Also dries quickly which I love. This is one of the best gels I've ever used. I have long wavy/curly , naturally *very* dry, colour-treated, super, super frizzy hair. Will update how well this performs the entire day and on 2nd day too. :) *edit* wears great into the day. Doesn't flatten hair out. Keeps frizzies away. Just add water to re-activate. Update: hair is still soft and shiny and clean feeling the next day. I suggest really saturing hair with this product while hair is still wet. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by 011705

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WEEEE! How freakin' pretty. I have thick, wavy, bra strap length hair, and I've NEVER ever worn my hair naturally down till now! The first time I tried this, on wet hair, I believe I applied TOO much.. I did strand by strand since I have SO much hair. I didn't like it much.. cause it came out too crunchy, not what I expended since I heard all the raves about how it "enhances" wavys/curls w/out the crunch look. W/e, this was a week ago. This morning, I washed my hair, put in my PM leave-in and applied away, with less product than before and just spreading it randomly on my hair, NOT strand by strand, and now, it's 4:04pm and WOW! I'AM AMAZED! BEAUTIFUL WAVES! No puff, no frizz, no kidding? I'm DEAD serious. The texture is a bit runny, like nothing I've used before, and the smell is delicious, though it doesn't linger on me.. I wish it did. The price is pretty good to me, and the bottle, I likes, like every other PM bottle.. I think their cute? I will def. repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ostamos

I have short wavy hair. It is not very thick or heavy. This is a great gel for blow drying it straight. Also if it's wet and comb it in the direction of how I want it to look when dry I can have the wet look. I can leave it wet then if I mess it up a little it relaxes into a dry style which turns out fine just wavier than if I blow dryed. I have also used it when my hair was shoulder length and it still works the same. There is no flaking unless you use a lot. It will not feel like you have any products in your hair after it is dry which is what I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by nora76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought small bottle at Ulta for $4.25 + tax based on MUA reviews. Looking for a way to let my thick and wavy hair air-dry without turning into a poofy and shapeless mess. I've only used this about 4-5 x so far so I am not totally sure -- I have the feeling that my hair is just too thick for this product. My friend, who has thick and extremely curly hair, has suggested that I use more product than recommended and apply to sections of hair instead of trying to tackle the whole head at once. I hope this works -- I will update as I know more! *EDIT* (11/24/06) - Not really diggin' this product. Will have to continue searching!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Portae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great gel. I love the consistency for my curls- it's liquidy enough to really distribute well and define every curl. It makes my hair incredibly shiny, It will flake a tiny bit if you use too much, but definitely nothing serious. I also love how sweet and fresh this smells. And, the smell literally disappears once you put it in your hair. On top of all of that, it is very cheap for a salon product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by springgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this at the beginning of the summer and have been at it for 2 months now. This is frizzy hair weather on the East Coast and I am happy to say that this does a really good job of taming those frizzie down! Yay! I have not curly but wavy hair that is cut into a layered bob. I use about a nickle size amount in my hair before I blow dry and it keeps my waves smooth and adds body. No buildup. Smells fresh and not overpowering. I probably have another month's worth left in the bottle so it lasts a while. I will definitely buy this baby again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lrbashir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! My hair is 3a or 3b, depending on the humidity, and this stuff makes it look gorgeous and shiny, with great curl definition and no frizz that I can see.

I'm currently using it along with Bumble & bumble curl conscious creme and it works great! I was even able to sleep on my hair and wake up with it looking great the next day. Curls are nicely clumped and defined, no crunchies at all, and it didn't make my hair curlier at all (which is the look I'm going for).

Good stuff, and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by cmulloy

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE THIS STUFF!!! For the past 31 years I have been searching for a reasonably priced product that can tame my very thick, very coarse, very unruly curly locks with having to use 1/2 of the bottle (my hair is REALLY thick). This styling glaze does wonders for me. In the past, I've used Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam (love it, but I have to use a lot of it) and Tigi's Curls Rock pasty stuff (love it, but, again, I have to us a lot of it). With this glaze, a little goes a long way and I have definition (rare), shine, and hold without the crunchies!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2006 5:36:00 PM More reviews by FracksBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't do too much for my hair. It kind of gunky and makes my hair stringy. It's coating because of the oils in it, and I need to shampoo it out or I have a film on my hair. I think it would work better for straightening. I mostly wear my hair natural so it's just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i have wavy hair that needs some definition...unfortunately, it didnt do jack for my hair.. made my hair funny looking and not the sexy beachy waves that i wanted.....its not sticky and doesnt weigh hair down at least....