April 24, 2014 | 1353 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Sweet Honesty

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

like so many ladies here, this was also one of my first scents. it was a jhs must have! i loved it so! i smelled it again not that long ago and to me it was exactly the same. it's still a great "starter" fragrance for a young girl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by fihe

this scent is all right but too powdery for my taste. at least I got the really tiny 0.08 fl. oz. bottle :D I like "clean" scents but this isn't it, unfortunately.

UPDATE 02/12/11: wow, over two years after writing my original review, I have to bump up the rating to a 5! I do feel now that this could be considered a "clean" scent, even though I usually consider "clean" to equal "laundry smell" or something like Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton. I just may get some more after finishing my tiny vial that I still have :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I was completely surprised by this. I had my mom order it for me and she tested it out first and didn't think I was going to like it but it must work well with my chemistry because I love it. On me it settles into a balanced soft, powdery, floral...makes me feel very feminine and the scent truly lasts throughout the day and into the evening. I plan on always having this in my stash to use year round.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

mmm, I like this. On me it smells clean and sweet.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by klnikolas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I am not someone who used this as a teen, I actually preferred Avon's Honeysuckle and Hawaiian White Ginger. I bought this for my daughter and ended up sampling myself. One of the keys to fragrance that I am learning is you have to wait for the dry down. I like this one much more after the dry down than I do initially. Also, I think either you like Avon or you don't. I've always found something to like in their line right, now it is this,Tahitian Holiday and all of the Mark Fragrances. I also don't expect or even want something to last all day. I'd rather have something light and spray it on more frequently. Not one of Avon's prettiest bottles,but that is a small detail.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I have a friend who's been raving about this perfume ever since I've known her. She has nostalgic feelings for this scent, since it was her first ever perfume. So I ordered a miniature spray bottle of this from the Avon website for a little over a dollar, to find out what she was raving about. It smelled like soap on me... powdery, soapy, and old lady-ish. Perhaps it was just my skin chemistry, but I did not like it. However, I let my mom smell it, and she also said it smelled soapy. It wasn't a pleasant, clean scent like Love's Baby Soft, like I was expecting.

I ended up giving it to my friend, and she loved it. She said it smells like she remembered it... so she was happy, so I guess the money was well spent. But I would not buy it for myself again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by megwilliams

Who'da thought that I would have hundreds (thousands? ) of dollars in perfumes and one of my favorites would be one I got from Avon for $4.59? Crazy.

I love this fragrance for summer. It's light and airy and if you like the smell of baby powder (which I do), then you'll love this too. It does remind me of Luv's Baby Soft from the '80's but I don't consider that a bad thing. It just reminds me of being a kid, that's all.

I find that I use this scent when I don't want to think about the scent I'm wearing. It's just nice and fresh and I know that it won't be overpowering in any situation.

I would repurchase. Avon runs bottles of this for dirt cheap, so next time I see a great deal, I'll pick up another. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Clean, soft, powdery, girlish, non-offensive, slightly floral this is a staple in my fragrance wardrobe and dirt cheap! How can you go wrong with this soft clean fragrance? I put a sample of Phil's Pure Grace on one arm and this on the other to have my husband sniff. He picked this one! It is sort of like Baby Powder but slightly more flowery. Love to layer this with the roll on, perfumed skin softener, and powder. Wonderful for going to bed after a shower and also nice for hot days. Me and my Avon.. till death do us part!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like rose baby powder. Very nice and inoffensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing Sweet Honesty ever since I got it for Christmas 1975. It was in a decanter in the shape of an old fashioned telephone. I don't find the fragrance has been altered one bit. I've owned spray, splash, rollette, solid, sachet and it has always been consistent. SH is what I wear when I don't feel like wearing perfume and I am not in the mood for my other non-perfume staple, Coty Wild Musk. Sweet Honesty is an aldehydic pois de senteur (sweet pea) type of fragrance that blends so well with my body chemistry and it is so comforting. Especially when my work is hectic. I'm an RN and no one has ever complained when I wear this. I do get a lot of compliments that I smell nice though. :0)