December 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Seaweed Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo when my hair is not colored or chemically-treated. It smells delicious, lathers and rinses well, and leaves my hair free of build-up. It can be drying if I don't use conditioner, but I always do and don't find any problems. I have dry hair anyway, so I wash it every other day; this is my go-to conditioner. I have the huge one in my shower and the half-size in my travel bag. Good stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by halloweenhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So I bought the small bottle after I heard amazing reviews on it
& I bought it...and it was definitely not anything special. It was just overpriced shampoo, and it left my hair a little dry. I use it once a week now just to finish it up.

But it smells good, but I honestly don't think it's that great.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by nikibelletx

I like this shampoo, although it's a bit much for everyday. I used it a few times a week to get rid of product buildup in my hair. It definitely gets things clean, but conditioning is an absolutely can't-miss step after using it. It's pricey, so I probably won't purchase again as I can get clarifying shampoos for cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ooooh, the smell! A luscious, blue-green beachy scent, very cool and fresh. Unfortunately, the shampoo isn't that great. I found it very drying (oily/reactive scalp, dry, highlighted length) - the kind of dry and tangled that conditioner doesn't really help with. It also left my hair feeling kind of sticky, like it was coated in a film. Might be the sea salt. The trouble is, I'm almost positive that I'll buy this again for the great smell and the cute packaging. I'm such a sucker for scent and packaging. That, and I love the big, green salad of ingredients packed into here. I bet this would work really well diluted so it only hit my scalp. So my advice is to go ahead and give it a try, but do make sure you only buy a small bottle to start. And condition afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by islandgurl

I've tried almost every shampoo and finally at 27 I've found my shampoo. Ive been hesitant for so long b/c of the price but this makes my hair so easy to comb after it's been wash and it feels like it's clean. I do have thick, oily hair. I wash my hair every other day and this is just great for soft, managable hair. It doesn't make my hair feel dry or too hydrated like many others.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by glossygirl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh, there's nothing special about this shampoo. It's low-end shampoo in a high-end bottle. This shampoo cleans my hair well enough, but it's got sodium laureth sulfate in it and I do think it dries my hair out a bit.

I have to admit, I do love the scent of this shampoo. It's a really nice, fresh green scent. It's really best thing about the shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by pachanguera

I really wanted to love this, but after using it a few times, I don't. I really like the scent, but I find it leaves my hair a little ... crunchy. I think it's a great product if you style your hair, because this will give your hair enough body to hold a curl. I prefer a silkier finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

Used to like this shampoo, lovely smell and a nice change to the shower routine. I have non-chemically treated hair, with an oily scalp. Suddenly I have a dry scalp this summer, and this shampoo dries out my hair. Need to change my product line up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by emilyjoy

I really like this shampoo. I have oily hair and I only like to wash it every other day or every couple of days because its also really thick and long so it is quite time consuming to blow dry and straighten. It seems like it kind of "soaks up" the oil in my hair.
I don't think it'd be great for girls with dry hair. But I think that has pretty much already been established.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because its kind of expensive and not really readily available. Otherwise it is great. I will for sure buy it again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried the Gentle Shampo and found it severly lacking for my combi hair, so have now tried a sample of the Seaweed Shampoo.
This seems to be alot better. My 3 lippies may not seem great, but I'm very frugal with lippies generally, and especially for hair products, as I find so many fall so far below my expectations and practically none can be given a 4 or 5 star rating - so '3' is actually quite good from me! :)

This is a much better shampoo if you are inclined toward an oily scalp, and didn't leave my hair frizzy and unmanagelable in the way that the Gentle Shampoo did. It is however quite drying for damaged ends - so you do need to increase the level of moisturisation on midlengths etc.

I'm still hunting for a perfect shampoo..but I may well purchase the full size of this. It would be quite a good staple for every day use when it doesn't matter quite so much how perfect the coiffure is! But it may not be a 'high days and holidays' sort of product! If I ever find that I'll certainly report back here ;)