Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.4

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

on 4/29/2008 4:26:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! I also use the SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser which I also love. I have used this masque several times and each times my pimples disappear by the next day. In fact, the other night I slept with it on and my nodule disappeared completely the next day and a papule I had strunk dramatically in size. I will most definitely keep using this product once to twice a week

on 4/24/2008 3:15:00 PM

Love Love Love this mask!! It feels so good. It does everything brightens, rejuvenates, clarifying and tightens pores. You can also use it as a cleanser if you don't have time to leave it on. Just get your skin wet and take like a pea size rub hands together then wash your face with it you still get the great benefits of the mask. It won't dry your skin out like most clay masks do. I highly recommend!

on 3/26/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gives you an instant facial. Oh my God, I just cannot believe a mask can do all of these things: reduces oils, shrinks pores, rejuvenates, brightens. I use this now every night, and some morning, if I need to pep myself up. Just an amazing product.

on 2/20/2008 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is truly what a clarifying mud mask should be. It is medicated, but while it treats breakouts and impurities, it nourishes, tightens gently, and sucks out excess oil, all without leaving you dry, irritated, or parched. In fact, you feel refreshed and nourished and super clean. I have used this on problem-skin days and also when I just needed a pick me up. It truly is a multi-tasker and never fails to do the job.

on 2/6/2008 2:42:00 PM

I was given some samples of this mask by the Medispa I go to, and I finally had to purchase my own jar. My skin feels so great after using this, and it is a great overnight blemish healer/shrinker. I was given a suggestion for when the skin is really dull, to apply, then get in the shower and cleanse with the Simply Clean and Clarisonic to remove the mask. Great results, like a minispa in the shower.

on 11/29/2007 9:26:00 AM

This is probably the only Skinceuticals product I've tried that I would buy again. It works well at drawing impurities out of the skin without overdrying like alot of clay masks can. It also doesn't dry like the Mojave desert, cracking and hurting your skin as it dries. It lasts a long time too using once a week. If you use more often probably wouldn't last very long and then maybe not worth the price.

on 10/29/2007 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would love to give this product a 5 but I need to hold off, since I've only used it once. The results are GREAT. I read a review here by someone who's dermatologist recommended using this mask to counter the drying, dulling effects of Differin. I am on Retin-A and experienced similar problems. My acne is mild to moderate (moderate as of late, hence the Retin-A) and I had to make a choice as to whether or not I want clear yet dull skin or healthy, glowy skin sprinkled with acne. The retin-a micro works so great but is so strong. After one use of this mask my skin is soft and glowing! After using this mask I also used skinceuticals b-5 gel and acne gel. The combo is amazing. The mask made the biggest difference, though by sloughing off all of that dead skin. It did not make my skin burn or itch, nor was it irritating in any way whatsoever. I recommend this product along with checking out the skinceuticals line in general to complement RX acne products.
UPDATE: Still love this and love it even more actually. (I changed my rating to 5 stars from 4) The first week I used it it brought a few clogged pores and zits to surface and heal. Now it is simply helping to keep my skin clear AND restores that glow that I had before I started using retin-a. This is wonderful and will definately repurchase when gone, but it should last a while. My advice while using this product is: Only use once a week while using retinoids, because twice a week will cause too much dryness. Do not use your retin-a after using this mask to prevent overdrying (Your skin will appreciate the break!) After using this product I use Skinceuticals b5 gel and then a light moisturizer. The B5 gel is phenomenal and is also helping to restore my glow. Good luck and enjoy!
UPDATE: It's been 5 monthes and I'm still loving this. It has the best results of any facial mask I've ever used!

on 9/16/2007 3:15:00 PM

This is an awsome product. Use it once or twice a week to have clean, exfoliated skin. The ingredients include some AHA's which for some may cause some stinging. However I like that because when I can feel something happening I should see results. If I have a pimple show up on my face I put a dab of the mask on it and leave it on while I sleep, by morning 60% of my pimples are gone. Some take a few nights to get rid of. this is how I keep from having acne. :)

on 7/31/2007 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far, I really like this mask. I like that it isn't over-drying and has ingredients proven to work on the skin from within. My skin looks glowy and soft when I wash it off, and the best part is, it looks even better the next morning. It's expensive, but I get it on eBay for less. I think I like it better than the Indian Healing Clay which I think is too drying in the end.

on 5/23/2007 6:05:00 PM

This is the best mask I've tried and will last a long time for the price. Did not irritate my skin a bit, and left it so soft and clear. I use this as a spot treatment too sometimes and blemishes clear up very quickly. The mask is a light green color and you just need a little bit to cover face as it spreads quite easily. It does not completely harden and is quite easy to wash off. I use this once to twice a week in conjunction with pyto corrective gel, retinol, and renew overnight oily. Nothing has changed my skin as much as this line!

Popular Masks