October 25, 2014 | 1935 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by drnbrown4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Did not work! I always test sections of my hair when I blow dry and the section I used with this just got more frizzy and did not straight, the section that I used Redken on got straight in no time...so needless to say I put this up for swap and it may work for certain hair types but if you have curly ringlet (3b-3c) hair...think nicole kidman before all the chemical straightening...then this will not work!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mtngirl1324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product just didn't work for me. I have fine-medium, thickish curly/wavy hair that is really prone to frizz and dry ends. I was shocked when I let out some product at the balm-like consistency of the product- very, very thick. (Also, be aware- when you twist the cap back up product will come out) Slightly perturbed, I smoothed some of this through my damp hair and went to work with my blow dryer, which has a comb/straightening attachment on the end. As I was blowdrying I could feel the pull of the product against my dryer, which I suppose is how it works, but it kind of coated my hand.

When I was finished, my hair was definitely smoother and straighter, but still kind of poofy and actually looked pretty coarse. I don't like my hair pin-straight, and this left it with some body, but ultimately it just wasn't the wonder-product I hoped for. I think this has much to do with my hair type, though, and not the product itself. I can see how this product would work really well for thicker, coarser hair with a tighter curl pattern than mine. I won't be repurchasing, especially not at that price!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by azmomma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is horrible for me. I have fine, wavy, frizzy hair that I battle to keep smooth and straight. I found this to be heavy and greasy feeling in my hair. It made it difficult to brush through my hair and ultimately did a poor job straightening my hair and keeping away frizz. This was expensive and so not worth it. I would not rebuy or recommend this product. My search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jennifermus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is incredible. I used it this morning for the first time and it greatly reduced my time using my flat iron. It has been 11 hours since I styled my hair, and I could still go out on the town and look great. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by clevereuphemism

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a hair product junkie, and this is a great product. However, I recently discovered its doppelganger for less than half the price. Prawduct Flat Factor seems to me to be an identical product (thick, viscuous, silicone-y goodness that makes your hair shine like glass) but it's $14 for 5 oz. The guy who makes them is a goofy nutjob who calls himself RAWbert, but he's seriously on to something. I also love the Shine Drops and my aunt (who has mega poufy frizzy hair) is a convert to the Shine S & C. The website is http://www.thekitchenbeautician.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bbdarwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was unscented and I was tired of wearing products with competing scents. I continued buying it because it works so well. I have thick, frizzy hair that is straight on the top layer and curly underneath. I almost always blow dry it straight and this product works better than any others I have tried. One tube usually lasts me a year as you only need to use a small amount. I also use a silicone serum before blow drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ohyunalesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great prodcut. I gave it a 4 because I have found only one other prodcut that gave my hair more shine and managability--Scruples hair renewal polish. It contains no alcohol and doubles as a leave in conditioner so my hair never dries out before the day is over. When I run out of it I go straight back to this. It's great stuff for my coarse, thick, stright hair. I feel that it might serve a bigger benefit to those with hair that is less thick and coarse.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by rachelsykes

This is my HG straightener! I am sad that some people don't like it! I have a lot of hair that is very curly but still very fine. This is the perfect product for me if I want a shiny, voluminous look. I was always wary of using staightening products before because I was concerned about the buildup, but this product leaves absolutely NO BUILDUP! By itself, it does not leave too much shine unless your hair is already shiny, so I use Kerastase Reflection Chroma Protect underneath as my leave in and my hair always looks gorgeous.
PS. The key is to use only a pea size amount (SERIOUSLY). You don't need a lot. One tube lasts 6 months if you straighten every day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is among the worst products I've ever used on my hair. I was looking for something that would make a difference in blow drying my curly hair to straight. I'm happy with my Redken products but for some reason I keep experimenting with Bb and keep meeting disappointment. The tube says something like "for curly girls who dream of straight hair, all you need is this, a blow dryer and a brush"... well, I agree about the blow dryer and the good brush but the last thing I need is to apply Bb Straight on my hair. This stuff made my hair feel very coated and left it ridiculously frizzy after blow drying and even after flat ironing. I will not repurchase... in fact I put mine up for swap immediately. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 2:51:00 AM More reviews by spootoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had an on-again/off-again relationship with this product...when my hair is shorter (which it is now), it tends to make it LESS straight if I just use a blow-dryer. I have thick, coarse, semi-wavy hair which tends to rebel against most products when I use them as directed...so I improvise. I am currently in one of my "on-again" phases with Bumble and Bumble Straight, but not using it as instructed. I blow dry first, with just some Tonic sprayed on the ends, then when it is dry, I smooth on a TINY dab of Straight all over and then use a flat-iron. The result is humidity-defying smoothness. However, if I neglect to use the flat-iron, or if I try to use this product on wet hair before drying, I end up with bouncy, semi-curly pieces that look terrible.