April 17, 2014 | 1455 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by MewsinProgress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Crazy about this product for my purposes

What you need to know:

1. It's not a magical bullet that will magically turn curly hair into straight hair.

2. What it IS is an awesome heat protectant to keep your hair from getting damaged while we do unspeakable things to our hair with hot hair toys (blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons, etc.). That means silicones, cones, and more cones.

I have naturally straight, thick hair that's turning grey, and the grey is WIRY as all get out -- So some hairs stick up, curl around, frizz out, and otherwise misbehave on my head and try to make me look like an alien. Silly Cones are perfect for my hair.

Dab a quarter sized blob of this product over your palms, rub your palms together, and then rub through your hair. Then heat style away, baby. For me that pretty much just means blow dry, because the OTHER thing this product does is cause allllllll the hair to play nicely together.

Plus it's shiny when I'm done. Can't beat that with a stick. A little blowdry with *straight* and everybody's going the same direction, everybody's shiny, everybody's healthy, and I go on my merry way. No need for a flat iron because I was straight to begin with... just needed to tame the grey.

It doesn't soften -- I need to use Brilliantine and softening conditioners so my hair doesn't end up feeling too FIRM (not really coarse or stiff.... just kind of rigid) after using this product.

What more could you ask for?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by drnbrown4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Did not work! I always test sections of my hair when I blow dry and the section I used with this just got more frizzy and did not straight, the section that I used Redken on got straight in no time...so needless to say I put this up for swap and it may work for certain hair types but if you have curly ringlet (3b-3c) hair...think nicole kidman before all the chemical straightening...then this will not work!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mtngirl1324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product just didn't work for me. I have fine-medium, thickish curly/wavy hair that is really prone to frizz and dry ends. I was shocked when I let out some product at the balm-like consistency of the product- very, very thick. (Also, be aware- when you twist the cap back up product will come out) Slightly perturbed, I smoothed some of this through my damp hair and went to work with my blow dryer, which has a comb/straightening attachment on the end. As I was blowdrying I could feel the pull of the product against my dryer, which I suppose is how it works, but it kind of coated my hand.

When I was finished, my hair was definitely smoother and straighter, but still kind of poofy and actually looked pretty coarse. I don't like my hair pin-straight, and this left it with some body, but ultimately it just wasn't the wonder-product I hoped for. I think this has much to do with my hair type, though, and not the product itself. I can see how this product would work really well for thicker, coarser hair with a tighter curl pattern than mine. I won't be repurchasing, especially not at that price!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by azmomma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is horrible for me. I have fine, wavy, frizzy hair that I battle to keep smooth and straight. I found this to be heavy and greasy feeling in my hair. It made it difficult to brush through my hair and ultimately did a poor job straightening my hair and keeping away frizz. This was expensive and so not worth it. I would not rebuy or recommend this product. My search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jennifermus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is incredible. I used it this morning for the first time and it greatly reduced my time using my flat iron. It has been 11 hours since I styled my hair, and I could still go out on the town and look great. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by clevereuphemism

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a hair product junkie, and this is a great product. However, I recently discovered its doppelganger for less than half the price. Prawduct Flat Factor seems to me to be an identical product (thick, viscuous, silicone-y goodness that makes your hair shine like glass) but it's $14 for 5 oz. The guy who makes them is a goofy nutjob who calls himself RAWbert, but he's seriously on to something. I also love the Shine Drops and my aunt (who has mega poufy frizzy hair) is a convert to the Shine S & C. The website is http://www.thekitchenbeautician.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bbdarwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was unscented and I was tired of wearing products with competing scents. I continued buying it because it works so well. I have thick, frizzy hair that is straight on the top layer and curly underneath. I almost always blow dry it straight and this product works better than any others I have tried. One tube usually lasts me a year as you only need to use a small amount. I also use a silicone serum before blow drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ohyunalesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great prodcut. I gave it a 4 because I have found only one other prodcut that gave my hair more shine and managability--Scruples hair renewal polish. It contains no alcohol and doubles as a leave in conditioner so my hair never dries out before the day is over. When I run out of it I go straight back to this. It's great stuff for my coarse, thick, stright hair. I feel that it might serve a bigger benefit to those with hair that is less thick and coarse.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by rachelsykes

This is my HG straightener! I am sad that some people don't like it! I have a lot of hair that is very curly but still very fine. This is the perfect product for me if I want a shiny, voluminous look. I was always wary of using staightening products before because I was concerned about the buildup, but this product leaves absolutely NO BUILDUP! By itself, it does not leave too much shine unless your hair is already shiny, so I use Kerastase Reflection Chroma Protect underneath as my leave in and my hair always looks gorgeous.
PS. The key is to use only a pea size amount (SERIOUSLY). You don't need a lot. One tube lasts 6 months if you straighten every day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is among the worst products I've ever used on my hair. I was looking for something that would make a difference in blow drying my curly hair to straight. I'm happy with my Redken products but for some reason I keep experimenting with Bb and keep meeting disappointment. The tube says something like "for curly girls who dream of straight hair, all you need is this, a blow dryer and a brush"... well, I agree about the blow dryer and the good brush but the last thing I need is to apply Bb Straight on my hair. This stuff made my hair feel very coated and left it ridiculously frizzy after blow drying and even after flat ironing. I will not repurchase... in fact I put mine up for swap immediately. continued >>