Desert Essence Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Glycine soja (soybean) oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, ozokerite, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), ginkgo biloba leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, tocopherol, propyl gallate, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil.

on 9/1/2008 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Desert Essence Lip Rescue with Shea Butter is *the* best balm I have ever used. Fair price, nice texture, easy to apply, and it's in a pretty tube.
I first bought it at GNC. I saw it at the counter and picked it up because I figured something with Shea Butter would be good to use. I didn't expect that it would work so well to keep my lips moisturized and help heal the damage I did to them by biting them (I tend to bite my lips when they get dry and peel-y).
The really good thing about this stuff, though, is that you don't have to continually use it to stay moisturized. Aquafor, vaseline, chapstick, etc are good for a little while. But after a while, for me, they begin to make the problem worse. Lip Rescue doesn't contain petroleum or mineral oil, which would increase dryness.
Great product, will continue to purchase as long as it's manufactured.

on 7/18/2008 4:48:00 PM

I LOVE this lip balm. I have used many many lip balms (I don't wear lipstick or lipgloss) and I must say this one is fantastic. I love the fact that it's not super firm and waxy like so many others. It glides on nice and smooth, smells wonderful, has no taste (so I don't lick it off my lips!), and is SO moisturizing! Of course, like any lip balm, it doesn't have miraculous staying power, but I don't care - I don't apply any more often than any other balm, and this is way better. LOVE IT AND LOVE DESSERT ESSENCE!!!

on 4/21/2008 10:13:00 AM

This lip balm is so silk and doesn't feel waxy. Once I use up the other 4-5 brands I have, this will be my staple. The cost is unbeatable. I will make sure i have enough tubes to keep in each purse.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCTTTT. I'm a lipbalm addict. I have about 7 tubes of chapstick that go on dressers, pant pockets, bags, backpacks, robes, etc! I have chapstick in all the flavors, disney princesses, all natural, but nothing compares to this! I had an amazon giftcard and I just bought it because it was $1.25 USD and that's way cheap for chapstick. plus I've heard desert essence is a pretty good brand. I want to try there face moisturizer next, but anyway. This stuff came to me yesterday and I opened it up asap. It feels so silky on lips, not waxy. keeps my lips moisturized very well. it keeps a nice covering and it isn't waxy and it does leave this huge film over my lips. perfect for moisturizing and adding lipgloss to top. it smells like orange cremesicle, but its very subtle and it doesn't taste like anything. lovelove! it keeps my lips from being chapped too! love this stufff. hg

on 3/9/2008 9:03:00 PM

I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did. Upon first application I noticed how smooth it went on and how unwaxy it was. It makes my lips feel sooo soft and leaves them hydrated while imparting a very subtle sheen. Also, I'd like to address the smells, it's reminscent of orange sherbet, which I personally love. But if this is a concern of yours don't worry, it's not overwhelming or sickeningly sweet, it's faint. I will definitely repurchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mmm, i LOVE this lip balm. it's definitely my favorite that i've ever tried. i personally think it smells faintly of an orange cremecicle (sp?), or an orange creme soda, or an orange creme anything. it's definitely not overpowering though, i love it. another plus is that this lip balm is not waxy at alllll, or sticky. it is silky & smooth & i love it! at $1.29 from my local natural foods store it was definitely a steal.

on 12/11/2007 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up on a whim...so glad I did! It doesn't feel waxy, it makes my lips feel very silky and soft. Lasting power isn't the best in the universe, but I don't find myself reapplying more often than regular lip balms.

I love that the smell of it isn't overpowering and it has no taste for me to eventually start hating. Will definitely repurchase when this runs out!

Also, my lips are in better condition when they are bare now that I've started using this product.

on 10/12/2007 2:13:00 PM

I like this much better than the Desert Essence tea tree one. It feels so smooth on your lips and it does a good job of moisturizing.

on 7/30/2007 2:08:00 AM

Most lip balms feel like pure wax on my lips, not at all moisturizing. This lip balm simply feels soft and, well, oily, which is exactly what I want it to feel like given my otherwise Sahara-dry lips. It also has a very slight scent, sweet and flowery, which I can smell in the tube but not once I apply it. It has no discernible taste. I love that it has neither distracting scent nor taste. I use different lip balms, depending on my needs at the moment, and this product is one of my staples.

Ingredients: Soybean oil, beeswax, candellia wax, ozokerite, carnauba, shea butter, ginkgo, rosemary, vitamin E, propyl gallate, essential oil of mint.
continued >>

on 6/30/2007 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been a devotee of Burt's Bees lip balm for well over a decade (now I feel old, thanks MUA), but about 6 months ago it just wasn't cutting anymore. I've always had dry skin, and especially dry lips, which the BB generally kept under control. but as I said it got to the point of just not cutting it anymore, so I went on the hunt for something new. I came out with this. it irked me a little to spend almost $3 on lip balm, but I was desperate, and I had good luck with other products from the line. I was also a little put-off by the thin, silky texture of this; I falsely equated "waxy" with "moisturizing". this though, it VERY moisturizing. it turned my lips from, well, sand papery mess, to silk in a matter of a few days. I now apply this religiously AM & PM and have had silky smooth lips throughout the months, and I haven't had to repurchase yet.

Popular Lip Treatments