July 25, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lip Treatments - Desert Essence - Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by ourcitystreet

Mmm, i LOVE this lip balm. it's definitely my favorite that i've ever tried. i personally think it smells faintly of an orange cremecicle (sp?), or an orange creme soda, or an orange creme anything. it's definitely not overpowering though, i love it. another plus is that this lip balm is not waxy at alllll, or sticky. it is silky & smooth & i love it! at $1.29 from my local natural foods store it was definitely a steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Picked this up on a whim...so glad I did! It doesn't feel waxy, it makes my lips feel very silky and soft. Lasting power isn't the best in the universe, but I don't find myself reapplying more often than regular lip balms.

I love that the smell of it isn't overpowering and it has no taste for me to eventually start hating. Will definitely repurchase when this runs out!

Also, my lips are in better condition when they are bare now that I've started using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by adriennered

I like this much better than the Desert Essence tea tree one. It feels so smooth on your lips and it does a good job of moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Genia1

Most lip balms feel like pure wax on my lips, not at all moisturizing. This lip balm simply feels soft and, well, oily, which is exactly what I want it to feel like given my otherwise Sahara-dry lips. It also has a very slight scent, sweet and flowery, which I can smell in the tube but not once I apply it. It has no discernible taste. I love that it has neither distracting scent nor taste. I use different lip balms, depending on my needs at the moment, and this product is one of my staples.

Ingredients: Soybean oil, beeswax, candellia wax, ozokerite, carnauba, shea butter, ginkgo, rosemary, vitamin E, propyl gallate, essential oil of mint.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been a devotee of Burt's Bees lip balm for well over a decade (now I feel old, thanks MUA), but about 6 months ago it just wasn't cutting anymore. I've always had dry skin, and especially dry lips, which the BB generally kept under control. but as I said it got to the point of just not cutting it anymore, so I went on the hunt for something new. I came out with this. it irked me a little to spend almost $3 on lip balm, but I was desperate, and I had good luck with other products from the line. I was also a little put-off by the thin, silky texture of this; I falsely equated "waxy" with "moisturizing". this though, it VERY moisturizing. it turned my lips from, well, sand papery mess, to silk in a matter of a few days. I now apply this religiously AM & PM and have had silky smooth lips throughout the months, and I haven't had to repurchase yet.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by BrandGuru

I kept this lip balm by my bed and applied it nightly. Just ran out yesterday, so after one full tube I thought I'd give it a review. It has a great smooth/wet texture and tastes/smells good. The only drawback is that it seems far less waxy than other brands and therefore wore off rather quickly. I found myself needing to reapply it frequently. I'm sure it would be quite moisturizing if I could just get it to stick around longer. Probably won't repurchase for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

This is a super-moisturizing lip balm with no harmful ingredients. I love the thin, silky texture and sweet, creamsicle flavor. My lips have been great since using this balm before bed, even with daily use of a salicylic acid wash, which really dries my lips. This balm is very shiny and pretty on its own, but because it can be melty, it needs to be blotted before applying additional lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by RosyBaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Makes my lips really soft, and tastes like an orange creamsicle or something just as delicious. A little bit greasy though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on a whim as i couldnt find my Neals Yard Lip Balm. It was 2.60euros in a health food shop. It comes in a nice twist 'n' go tube - which is clean and easy to use. It smells kind of sweet - like honey. Its is of a greasy consistency (which has been mentioned by others) - it is also quite shiny when on your lips - but pretty.

On initial application it is very soothing. It does not require you to keep reapplying it - as some other lip balms do.

Some people have said that it contains ingredients that cause your lips to dry out etc....i think the proof is in the usage of the product and i feel this is quite a good lip balm & i may repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lip balm is a very soft formulation. The shape of the stick is constantly shifting. I took off the 1 lippie because of this. It is white in color, goes on clear. I think the texture is just between creamy and greasy. That is, it isn't really either. Closer to greasy than creamy, though. A little goes a long way. Since the formula isn't really as solid as it could be, one swipe across your lips gets a lot of the balm on. It is as moisturizing as any balm, but not more so. The taste is slightly bad. Not fruity, just kind of like what you would expect something with no flavor added to taste like. I like that it has actual African shea butter listed as an ingredient. Ingredients are soybean oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, ozokerite, carnauba, shea butter, ginkgo, rosemary, vitamin e, propyl gallate, essential oil of mint. You can't taste any mint in this balm, though.

I just heard that petroleum does not "digest" in the body, and can just sit there forever. This doesn't have it, so that's good!