Rimmel Special Eyes Eyeliner pencil in "Black Magic"

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tripalmitin, Talc, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510)]

on 1/16/2010 3:48:00 PM

I'm surprised this eyeliner got such good reviews.
This was the first eyeliner I bought, unexperienced with makeup at the time. Even though this says "black magic", it looked dark brown on my eyes. It doesn't glide on to the waterline or tightline very well, which I dislike b/c I have a very small crease, and I cannot line my top lash line without it smudging. It was very cheap though, I got it for less than $3 at Target, but honestly ... What good does a eyeliner do if it barely shows up & has low pigment?
I'll stick with Revlon ColorStay or Ulta's waterproof eyeliner.

on 12/29/2009 11:15:00 PM

I actually bought this one in a hurry at my local Walmart, because I was in a rush and just grabbed the nearest eyeliner on the shelf. It's a stupid thing to do, but yeah. Well, I have to say that I'm impressed. I didn't expect it to be great. I was wrong. This pencil is great for my waterline. It doesn't tug for me and it glides on very smoothly, and the line is nice and good colored. It wears off pretty quick because my eyes are really watery, but it's good. Comes off easily with any eye makeup remover. Definitely would buy again.

on 12/9/2009 8:49:00 PM

I liked this because it gave a nice dark line and it has great staying power, even though I have really oily eyelids. My only problem is that it's not very soft and I felt like I had to really tug/draw on my eyelid to get a really black line.

on 11/16/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

To be honest, I don't really see much difference between this and other pencil liners I've used, maybe I need to look at some professional brands to see a major difference. But like all the rest it goes well on the water line, stays reasonably well, it's also good for the lower lashes. I find it drags too much to get a smooth line for the upper lashes though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this eyeliner for my waterline. It goes on well, and stays on pretty well. My eyes are watery, so it comes off and needs a touchup by lunch, but it is a really good pencil! Will not be buying it again because I am going to get a different one because I like to try new things, but I would buy this again!

on 5/30/2009 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

It's really soft. It smudges super easily. Worth the $$$. I use this whenever I'm in a hurry. This is GREAT for a smoky eye look due to its easy blending and smudging. The price is a bargain for eyeliners nowadays. I give it a rating of 5/5. I use this everyday and it's my go-to

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Very basic eyeliner, perfect for everyday wear. Nice rich color, but only if you layer it on. Gives really nice precises lines, but can also leave a nice smoky-eye effect if you dull down the tip before applying, and gently smudge it with your finger. The only problems I've encountered are it wearing off and it smudging. I mostly account that to my oily skin, however, so if your skin is normal or dry, smudging and wearing away should not be a problem. And for its dirt cheap price, around $2 I believe, it's pretty hard to go wrong with this!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this yesterday while shopping at Target. I was hoping to find the NYC waterproof eyeliner due to the reviews but it was all sold out. So i gave this a try and so glad that I did. I applied it to my water and tight line at 8 am, it is now 3 pm without disappearing/smudging! I have watery eyes and it withheld thru the tears and rainy weather (Oregon). I only took one lippy off because the packaging. It has no plastic wrapping, which means anyone can open it and swatch it, then put it back. So I had to sanitize it before using. Also, I wished it came in white!!! I will be getting the color Panama next (dark brown/black)!

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

This has been my go-to eyeliner for at least 4 years now. It stays all day, goes on subtle or heavy. Always does on smooth and sharpens nicely, plus it's cheap!
Edit 1/22/2012: Lately I've been using the Grey color more, but still my favorite eyeliner!

on 2/2/2009 12:19:00 AM

I've used this for years. It's a lovely black-brown colour that works for a smokey eye or just an every day look, depending on how intense you want to go with it. I have sensitive eyes that I rub once in a while, but it stays all day. Definitely one of the best eyeliners, and who can beat the price?