July 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by amywmy

Thankfully I got this in a mini bottle in the neon collection. Always been wanting to get it and I'm so happy I got a mini to try out first.

I won't recommend this to anybody. It's so thick and takes forever to dry. The shine is not as impressive as other. I would recommend SV instead but some do not like the ingredients. Sally Hansen works wonders too as an alternative

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by pimrudee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this thinking it would be great because they do great nail polish. When applying it, it pulls off your dry colour underneath and then after that it doesn't even dry. I used it in the morning, and it still hasn't dried properly by evening. I can put little dents in it and it starts to pull off if I catch my nail against something hard. Really not worth what it costs and I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by jskellis

Swapped this, it bubbled and seemed like it never dried! A whole day later, pressure on my nails would leave a dent. Just get seche vite and never look back!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by theskyoflove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the OPI top coat along with the natural nail base coat when I was first getting into nail polishes. I used it for a few months, but I just got frustrated with it because it takes forever to dry, and the finish is no better than some cheap drugstore brand top coat. It does the job, but certainly not well. I had to use drying drops because it took that long to dry. Personally, I like top coats that dry quickly, and the OPI top coat is definitely not one of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by limoges

I am recovering from gel nails and have been using regular nail polish to do it. Applying this top coat a few times over the week makes my nails feel like a gel manicure. I apply it on the edge and the chips are few and far between.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by madii1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the worst top coat I have ever used. Like most of us, I bought it because I love the OPI colours. The first few uses were OK, but then... the top coat got SO thick and gloopy that itactualy ruined my mani! The polish on my nails was dry, and when I ran the top coat brush over my painted nails it kind of "pulled", or "brushed" the nail polish off! Takes forever to dry. I don't understand what went wrong for OPI to make such an inferior product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by spaghetti30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh! Stay away!
I usually use inexpensive top coats, so splurging for a $10 top coat seemed like it would make my mani better/last longer/shinier. I love OPI colors so I didn't think to find reviews here and got it.
1. Globs up. Which leads to thick coats that never dry
2. Makes the color bleed. This is the second time its done this too. The first time was over come Color Club so I thought it was because it was a different brand. Nope, I used it over An Affair in Red Square and now my brush is wearing red. :(
3. Bubbles. I didn't shake or do anything funny to the bottle. Its over the same brand and still bubbles out the wazoo. I think its all in the top coat itself because I let the color dry 10 min between coats and there were NO bubbles. What a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinsCreativeCorner

This topcoat was not fast drying(although I didn't expect it to be) but after an hour I just got fed up, because it was still not dry. This one is pushed to the back of the drawer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Em2ily

PROS-
It is not to expensive.
Your manicure last long.
CONS-
Gets very goopy very quickly and make bubbles.
Has very little shine.
Takes so long to dry! I have to use drying drops to get it to be halfway dry in 15 minutes!

Opi top coat is a very bad top coat I will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

save your time and money, do not buy this! this stuff does NOT dry at all, even after several hours.