October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Glimmer in Queen Phyllis

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty color, good for a browbone highlighter or a lid/wash color; very eye-opening and awakening. It's a little similar to Shinkirou by Fyrinnae but more yellow-y gold. It's a beautiful shimmery beige/buttercup color. Great for doing a classic bombshell look with heavy lashes and winged linger and falsies or just a lot of mascara. My only complaint with this is that the lasting power is just not that great on my oily lids; after trying other MMU eyeshadow brands, I got creasing with this after just a few hours, and I applied it over both mmu concealer and mmu first, then e/s base, then applied the eyeshadow wet with Fix+ and then foiled again. Lasting power wasn't terrible but did not live up to my experiences with the lasting power of Fyrinnae, Alima, Everyday Minerals, or Mad Minerals (the way they last when applied over mmu concealer, then mmu primer, then mmu, then e/s base, then wet with Fix+). I am not sure I will repurchase or not but it's a very pretty color and it goes with everything.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MELACE112

This is a nice plain color that is good for daytime or going to work. I think this would look really nice with dark lashes and a good amount of eye liner. This is a very pale tan, almost yellow shade that is very close to my skin tone (olive). I would suggest layering it or using mascara and liner heavily with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Jennafizzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this! I can use it with basically any colors I want to use, it goes with everything, and it is really pretty even by itself. It is really good near the tearduct, highlighting, blending, all that jazz.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by mcaird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am pretty new to eyeshadows, but I really like this one a lot. It has a bit of shimmer that doesn't overpower you. It's a pretty color (gold/cream) that blends nicely with my skin. I will definitely be using this often and rebuying when I'm done with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite eyeshadow to wear, no matter what else I happen to be blending it with. I start off with Shiseido's Glistening Sand Hydro Powder as a light base, then apply Queen Phyllis on top....not only does it make the Queen Phyllis pop incredibly, it also gives it extra staying power. I use this color to hilight my brow bones and as a final touch, I put a very light dusting over my eyes when I'm done with all my eyemakeup (but before my mascara of course). I love to wear this color with browns, blues, and especially my favorite BE Glimmer Drama. I've tried other lighter colors in many different mineral brands, but I always come back to this one. In my opinion, it's the perfect color for me and can be so easily mixed with other shades if you want to make a "new color" for your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 9:14:00 AM More reviews by BEjunkie

Queen Phyllis is awesome as a brow highlighter as well as a base for your eyeshadow. It has just enough shimmer that it's not too overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by laughing

Queen Phyllis is a beautiful nude color with gold and white sparkle. It reminds me a little of the MAC pigment in your ladyship from Antiquitease. Its gorgeous as a highlight for both browbone and cheekbones. Its also good as a lid color when youre in a hurry and can also be worn over matte shadows to give them a little more oomph. I also mixed a bit with some clear lipgloss and it looked really pretty! This is a great staple for anyones makeup kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by daisysle

I love this shadow. I wear it almost everyday. It is perfect for as all over color, highlighter or to blend with other shades. I use it with blues, pinks, bronze, teal/greens, etc...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by jennhope001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite eye shadow of all time! I use it every day as my base/highlighter. It is the softest gold color which works on every skin tone and compliments a ton of other eye shadow shades. I have gone through about 3 pots of this in the past couple of years and I feel at a loss whenever I run out. By this eyeshadow....you won't be disapointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by erinoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, LOVE this color!!! Queen phyllis is such a great color. It is a nice gold but not screaming. I wore it on my wedding day along with rose pearl in the crease and everyone thought I got my makeup professionally done. I am no way near professional when it comes to putting on make up, but this color did the trick for me.