Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

Water, peg-32, butylene glycol, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, peg-6, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol

on 10/3/2011 7:15:00 PM

I was really surprised when I read so many bad reviews! I bought a FULL SIZE (this will become a keyword in this review) and fell in love. In one sweep, my primer, eyeshadow, and liner were all gone! I couldn't believe my eyes (no pun intended!)!

The reason I put FULL SIZE in all caps were because many of the bad reviews were about a sample size of this product. While I do believe that a company should make quality samples, I also believe that you should not judge a product based on a sample. For all I know, that sample could have been poorly made.

Also, I wonder if the people who gave this product one star READ THE DIRECTIONS. You are supposed to saturate a cotton ball with the solution, sweep it over the eye, remove any excess with a tissue, and rinse with cold water.

This product, along with any product WILL NOT work if you do not follow directions.

All in all, I like this product a lot. It gets the job done, and it isn't too expensive. I would buy this product again.

on 9/28/2011 5:32:00 PM

I've recieved this as a bonus in a sample size.
I really like this eye makeup remover. Removes with ease, couple swipes. Only need a bit of this to rid of all my eye makeup.

on 6/11/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like this product better than the Mary Kay eye makeup remover I'd been using for over a decade. I would take off eye makeup with this, and then wash my face, and it washed off nicely w/o any residue. It also seems like the bottle lasts forever!

No stinging of eyes or skin.

on 6/10/2011 2:14:00 AM

I got a sample from the Clinique counter. This stuff is pretty good, I usually only wear eyeliner and fill in my brows with a bit of powder and this solution takes all that off at the end of the night. The eyeliner I use is the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner and it takes that off with no problems. I really like this eye make up remover and will continue to use it until I find a better one.

on 4/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

I received this as a sample from clinique. I have to say that this product doesn't do a great job on removing makeup.(especially when I'm using double eyelid glue since i have asian eyes...) It makes a huge mess around my eye area and would irritate my eyes if im not very careful. Also, the bottle's opening is way too big that i would spill the product almost every time i use it. But eventually i start to use this again b/c i use olive oil to remove my eye makeup and need a cleanser.
To my surprise, this product removes the oil without me even trying and gives me a clean feeling on the skin. I think this product can be both good and bad depends on how you use it. Mayve i'll buy this again.

on 4/2/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe I like this because I'm not using it for it's intended purpose! I use it as a mild cleanser. I normally apply this to my face after using olive oil. It does a great job of taking off the oil while not stripping my face of moisture.
It suds up just a tad and isn't oily or harsh like most makeup removers.
I wish the cap had something that would prevent using too much product though.

on 3/26/2011 9:36:00 AM

I have bene using this for years and keep returning to it. I wash my face with a foaming cleanser first and then saturate a cotton disc with this eye makeup remover and it does a very good job with no irritation. The fact that my eyes are still humid and that I don't wear waterproof mascara, make it very easy to remove all makeup.

on 3/11/2011 9:23:00 PM

Luckily I got this as part of a GWP so I'm glad that I didn't pay for it. Terrible at removing eye makeup, stung like crazy when it got into my eyes and definitely not a product I would ever buy. I can't understand why Clinique would sell this especially since they have a lot of nice products.

I had a large sample and I used it for 2 weeks. The only good thing about it was that it isn't oily. As a remover it was mediocre. Having read though a review below saying that it's not a remover but a solvent, I guess it's ok, although I don't understand why I should take this extra step. Anyway, the biggest issue that I have with it is that it stings like hell once it gets into my eyes. For me this is unacceptable for a product which purpose is to be used on the eye area.

on 1/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

This is not a good remover, am I glad I only used a sample from a GWP, because I'd be bummed to have payed for a bottle. It didn't remove non-waterproof mascara efficiently, (I tried both light rubbing and holding a wet cotton onto my eyelid for a minute or so) and it has a hard time removing some brighter colours. If you wear neutrals and no mascara and like to pay a lot of money for a makeup remover, go ahead and buy it :/