October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Precious Metals

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I basically use this as a base colour for smokey eyes, but sometimes wear it with eyeliner alone if I'm in a hurry. Great price, and you get 4 versatile colours. Compare to MAC paintpot, they are slightly less smooth, paintpots give you a subtle shimmer whereas these have bigger/more obvious glitter particles (so you kinda have to be more careful when applying). But for the price I'm paying, I can't complain. also, I expected them to dry out in the pan, but so far they haven't at all

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I don't like cream shadows, they always crease no matter if they're high end or drugstore. I caved into purchasing this Precious Metals palette because the swatches I did in the store looked so pretty and the colours seem very versatile. They are all very nice shades and would make great eyeshadow bases, however I'm still concerned about them creasing. I applied MAC Paint Pot as a base, then applied the cream shadows on, and topped it off with regular shadows. I will wear this all day and come back to update on whether or not I like it.

UPDATE: It creased a little bit as predicted. I noticed the pigmentation is quite sheer, but it has nice delicate shimmers. The pigmentation is quite sheer, so I don't think I can wear this on its own. It helped my powder shadows stick onto my lids, too bad it caused creasing. My feelings toward this is quite iffy. I want to like it so bad, so I'm leaving my rating at 3 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by hoverfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colors in this kit really reached out to me from the make-up aisle at the drug store. However, I wish I'd been deaf and blind that day. The shadows do not have any staying power on my face; they feel like petroleum jelly and the pigments are very weak. I would not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sonattie

I have been using this product for the past 4 years for one reason only...the two middle tones work great as a highlighter in the inner corners of the eye. It's strange how such a small touch makes such a huge difference but I use it every single day. However this product fails as an eyeshadow on its own. It creases and fades very quickly. I would not recommend using it by itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have problems with quads where one color is particularly hard to pull of on me, but with this all the shades were perfect for the trendy metallic look. I even used the gold as a highlighter for my face and body. It was really easy to apply - I tried using a brush for some reason, but of course that wouldn't work so I dunno what I was thinking. But I really liked the look and sprinkling shimmer on top made the colors even more rich and lustrous. I highly recommend it even for use on a normal basis!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

got this because i really wanted to experiment with creme shadows. i got this quad for the gold color in it, and the cream was smooth and easy to apply with my fingers. the color is very sheer and shimmery, which i like, and it makes a great base for powder eye shadows. personally i didn't have an issue with creasing. overall, a great product...i want to get all the colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by lindsaykate527

This is now my go-to eye shadows. I picked this up on sale because I loved all the shades, and I really like gold and silver/gray eyeshadows. I work as a teacher, and like to look nice to go to work, but not "overdone" and these eyeshadows let me do this. They provide a nice shade of color and shimmer, but it doesn't look overdone. A little really goes a long way with this product. It is decent priced, and I love how I can now have a variety of eye shadow colors in my makeup bag and they are all in this cute little package!! I love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by stupendousC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh, if i have a time machine i'd go back and tell myself "do not buy!!!". It creased on me, and the blue/green don't even look good on me (i'm asian, light ivory complexion). They look so pretty in the packaging, but trust me, it sucks!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by j_bella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After much debate, I picked the Precious Metals palette over the other shades. I looked at the copper brown on the end, and knew it'd be useless on me. And I was so right. My favourite is the blue/grey colour. It blends so well, and creates a well balanced light and dark colour combo that transends the boundary between daytime and evening. The gold colour is gorgeous for the daytime. The brown is ok. And then the copper colour, just makes me feel like I'm a clown or something.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by frisk0babe

I love this eyeshadow! It's sheer, shimmery and feels smooth going on. Unlike powder eyeshadows, these do not irritate my contacts. The colors are absolutely beautiful.

EDIT: this has been downgraded. i don't know what i was thinking before. this is crap. it's too hard to control and it smears like crazy! the colors are pretty, but kinda too sparkly for day time wear. it's ok at night, but there are easier to use and more flattering eyeshadows out there.