October 31, 2014 | 824 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Sumo Tech

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by dirtcupcake

This is my favourite hair product of all time! I have naturally wavy/curly hair that I often straighten with a flat iron. I use Sumo Tech when I leave it curly (I use it on the ends to weigh them down a bit, and in my bangs to keep them from flying all over the place) and when I straighten (to give the hair texture). Me and my boyfriend both use this product every day, and I have to buy about 2 per year, which isn't bad at all, even though the cost seems high for such a small container. You barely have to use any and it's great because you can continue to mold it long after you've applied it. Amazing, amazing product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by laureg

this stuff didn't do very much for me. it's very thick and waxy, but gives no hold to my fine hair. when i apply it, an hour later my hair is flat, and made slightly greasy by this stuff. on ends of hair, it works okay, and does work well when patted down on hair to tame flyaways. i'll use this up, because it was quite expensive for a hair product, but will not repurchase.
***edit: i've started using a small, pea-sized amount of this stuff wporked through my wet hair, adding other products as usual, then blow drying. using it on wet hair seems to "plump" my hair up somewhat, and give it a bit of extra volume. it gives a nice, soft look, without weighing my hair down. i am glad to have stumbled on this, as it's a pretty good product when used this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2004 11:54:00 AM More reviews by comicsuperhero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, this one is hard to handle first, but once you've got it (rub it very hard between your hands before going through hair), it's a beautiful stuff, for me the best available after trying nearly everything from everyone. ;-) The smell is strong, but no more strong at all after having it on the hair, the hold is flexible but lasting and it gives some volume to the hair. Great!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 10:14:00 AM More reviews by s_rae22

Okay, so this smells a little strong but I think that's something you can get over once you put this stuff in your hair. I was skeptical of purchasing this at first b/c the pot is pretty small and I figured it would last me all of a month, boy was I wrong. This stuff is super thick and requires no more than a dime sized amount on my shorter hair (not quite shoulder lenght). It works best when you blast your blowdryer on it to give it more pliability. The best techinique to leave your volume intact is to heat this up, rub through palms and put into hair in a scrunching motion. This stuff is very thick and you can overdo it if you put too much in your hand. I will definitely repurchase this once I run out b/c it creates a great piecey look and doesn't give my hair that greasy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2004 7:03:00 PM More reviews by planetallison

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a great tool. If wax is well, too waxy, this will give you more control without all that heavy weird texture. Also good for taming fly aways, my boyfriend uses this every day for the front of his hair to flip it up and hold it all day. Smells really clean and subtle too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love my sumotech! I recently got a great razored bob cut and my stylist used this - I was wary at first - I have fine, straight hair- wouldn't this just bring out the worst of my hair? No, it didn't at all, and it added body to my roots and its SO fun to use and play with. I would not suggest this for the day you go to your next job interview, unless u just used a little on the underlayers and a smoothing over on the hairdryer fizzled ends, but when u wanna have fun with your hair u can use alot or a little and get really creative. You can also use it for softer looks - but I'm in a mood right now where I want it wild ; ). The only drawback is the tub- its nice looking - black and the container feels nice - but u have to slick your hands over it (or in) to really get some product and it can get messy if ur in a rush. The co$t seemed a bit high at first, $22, I think, but this this little 1.5oz may last longer than all of us, I used ALOT and yet it looks like I've used none, so for the ca$h $pent, it truly is very economical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2003 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome stuff! This paste is not too sticky, not too tacky, not too dry- perfect for seperating, or just fluffing up roots so they stay volumized, either by themselves or after having been plumped by other styling products. This does not weigh down hair or cause more greasiness, unlike many waxes/pastes in its class. I am a little turned off by the price, but my sumowax is the same size and I have had it for as long as I can remember and it looks bottomless.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2003 3:14:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

I agree that it does smell "manly" - but I didn't mind. It worked well to spike up my very short hair. It leaves a dull finish on its own (my stylist suggested to mix with a few drops of defrizzing serum). I didn't like the feel of it - made my hair feel dirty, but maybe all styling waxes do?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 10:42:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have a shoulder length bob with bangs (is that a pageboy?) with some choppy layers in the bottom. I have super damaged hair that's highlighted and colored every month and it tends to look a bit rough. SumoTech is THE perfect styling product to tame my 'do.

I blow dry my hair as usual and emulsify a bit of this paste between my palms. Then I rake my fingers through my hair and I have an amazing smooth, piecey, flippy bob that holds its shape and shine all day without weighing my hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 6:34:00 PM More reviews by laurlaur814

This is great stuff. I got my boyfriend addicted to it--it works AMAZINGLY for his short hair. I do not use it very often, as I have medium-length hair. But when I do have shorter hair cuts (a tiny bit above shoulder length), it gives a nice messy look. I have to use it very sparingly, though, or it looks and feels greasy. Great hold, without the stiffness and stickiness of hair spray.