MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 10/31/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm practically rejoicing right now because a product has finally lived up to the hype! I have the most oily, acne scarred and porous skin that greases up within mere minutes of applying make up (no joke, my face is so oily i can see it reflecting off relatively matte surfaces in the mall), so boy am i glad that this works a treat! I was of course dubious when i first purchased this as i haven't been too pleased with MAC products in the past. My sister had bought their foundations and powders before and it just doesn't look "right" and appears to be a bit orangey and seperated as the day goes on. But luckily, this powder doesn't. While it is called 'medium/dark', it still looks entirely natural on my NC 20/ no.52 in Bourjois Healthy mix skin. No, it didn't minimise my pores but i didn't expect it to. To be honest, i'm just glad that it does what it says - reduces oil! Even though it's on the 'pricey' side ($36 AUS) for a poor uni student like me, its well worth it if i don't have to fret about my oil slicked face all day! Good job MAC! :)
EDIT: keep your application tools in mind. The oil kept at bay when i used a kabuki brush but then my face became a oil slick when i used a small powder brush! Figure out what's best for you!

on 10/10/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love love this blot powder!! i have tried soo many different bands and by far this leaves toy face so pretty after you apply after foundation. Ad that says alot considering i have oily skin =/ so its soooo worth the price!! even my boyfriend noticed the difference =)

on 10/8/2011 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG product for me! My skin is very light (NW15) and really oily on my nose/lower forehead/chin. I use this over my foundation or BB cream and this sets it so well. I just LOVE the matte finish it leaves on my skin. It doesn't look fake or like you have a mask. I don't really care for the puff, I use a brush for the application. It is a little pricey (27.50$CAD), but I don't see finishing this powder anytime soon so it's definitely an investment!
The color medium-dark is perfect for my fairly light skin and I don't see myself using any other lighter color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this powder!! It gets rid of shine without looking cakey or chalky. Plus I think the MAC compact is super stylish for all you fashionistas out there!!

on 7/3/2011 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have the most SHINIEST t-zone ever! especially my nose. in the morning i would put on my Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation and set it with the matching powder. But in less than an hour my nose would shine like crazy! like literally the light would reflect off my nose, it was that shiny. So after reading a lot of good reviews on this product I thought I'd give this a try. I wasn't very keen on buying it at first, especially how it's a bit pricey ($36 AU), but I've had enough of shininess so i went ahead and bought it.

One word.

AMAZING

I do not regret it one single bit!
I would usually blot every hour of the day, but after using this ONCE in the morning to set my foundation, and ONE more time in the afternoon, I had no shininess whatsoever. It gives a really good matte finish and not cakey at all. I use a brush to apply it, but I use the puff in the middle of the day. I just simply dab the puff in the powder and press on the shiny areas on my face. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH, I CANNOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT IT NOW!
Definitely worth the money!

on 6/27/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a fan of Kryolan's loose Anti-Shine powder, but I was looking for a pressed oil-controlling powder that I can easily travel with.

The retail price is $23.00. Pretty expensive for a regular drugstore shopper like me, but I was fortunate enough to receive this in a swap. I've been using this almost everyday for a few of months now.

My skin-tone is light-medium with warm undertones, and I was expecting the Medium to be my color match. I received the Medium-Dark in the swap, and it's perfect. So I think the colors do run a little on the lighter side. The undertones are neutral, so I think it would fit well with most complexion colors. It has a sheer, translucent finish, so if you're looking for a powder to specifically hide flaws and discolorations, this isn't it. If you try packing it on, it can look pretty cakey and accentuate any dry areas.

I love the packaging. Very durable, easy to carry, and it comes with a mirror on the inside cover. I like using my ELF Flat-Top brush to press this into my face to set my concealer and mattify my t-zone.

I have an oily, acne-prone complexion and this has not caused me to breakout, even when applied to my most acne-sensitive areas like my cheeks, forehead, and chin. It doesn't oxidize or change color. I live in Arizona, and it's almost July, and I find that this does do a decent job of keeping my oily areas shine free, at least for a several hours through the day.

While I think my Kryolan powder does a better job of keeping shine away a little bit longer, I do love MAC's Blot Powder. It's convenient; easy to travel with, it doesn't break me out, no weird smell, good texture, decent oil-control. A little bit on the pricier side, but because of how easy it is to use and effective it is, I think I'd get another once I run out.

on 6/4/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a great quality powder for oil control. I only use it when the weather is warm to set my NARS sheer glow and it keeps the oilies at bay for a good couple of hours! It mattifies but doesn't leave my face looking too flat and full. Doesn't break me out and doesn't look cakey on my skin (aslong as you apply properly of course). I like the compact but the powder shatters really easily if you carry it in your purse so be aware.

on 5/5/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

super oily t-zone + living in florida + being a full time college student = worst embarrassing uncomfortable situation possible lol!! This is the only product that controls my oily t-zone throughout the day, i use it with my 187 brush after I apply my mac mineral skin-finish... I just dust it lightly over my forehead nose and chin. I usually don't need to reapply throughout the day unless its really hot and im running around campus with all books at hand...I own this in Medium PLUS and Medium/Dark, which both work well with my NC25/30 skin tone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this blot powder! I use it almost daily and I'd definitely repurchase once I run out. I use this under my MSFN and it keeps my face matte for about five hours if i'm not doing anything too active. I have VERY oily skin though, so I think I apply this more frequently than the average person. I recommend this to anyone with combination/oily skin to help keep the shine away.

I bought this about four months ago and I've worn it about twice a week, but this past month I've worn it every day. I've started to make a dent in it but I haven't hit pan, so I've say it lasts a long time even if you reapply it a couple times a day like I do.

I've tried another blot powder but It was by Mark. Cosmetics. I like this MAC one much more people it gives my skin an even texture and slightly evens out minor discoloration.

on 5/2/2011 1:41:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I use this everyday to set my foundation and have repurchased many times. Does not look cakey or overdone and keeps shine at bay.