October 2, 2014 | 1494 users online

Fragrances - Revlon - Jean Nate After Bath Splash original scent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by stellina

Oh, the good old days... This was one of my first forays into grown-up scents when I used to sneak some of my mother's. For you young girls, this was once a department store product, as were many things we now find in the drugstores. This is very lemony, fresh & light, with a little something else in it to soften the citrus tone. Just as good as the very high-priced French citrus scents - I'd say it's a dead ringer for Guerlain Eau de Fleurs Cedrat that I fear has been discontinued, and at a fraction of the price. No reason to be a snob on this one. That reminds me: I have to get my hands on some more for summertime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Update: I still love Jean Nate. I prefer the concentrated cologne spray, which smells more intensely floral and powdery than the splash, and which I especially enjoy in the spring. I also have the splash and body lotion, and they smell more gingery or citrussy. I'm not sure what the sharper note is in the splash, but there's a discernable difference between it and the concentrated cologne spray.

Here are the fragrance notes I found online:

Fragrance Notes -Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Lily of the valley, Cedar, Tonka, Musk, Sandal.

I don't know how precise this is, but I definitely get the lavender, carnation, lotv, tonka & sandal. Surprisingly, no citrus notes are mentioned, although Jean Nate has that uplifting quality that a citrus fragrance has. This scent just makes me feel happy and it works well with my chemistry.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2005 10:30:00 PM More reviews by WarmFuzzy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ugh! I can't stand this scent! I was first introduced to Jean Nate as a kid in the 70's. My cousin brought some over when she spent the night and I thought I was so grown up when I wore it. I also remember the commercial and it seemed like it was "supposed" to make you energetic or something. Well, not long ago I was browsing in Wal-Mart and saw this product. A wave of nostalgia came over me and I purchased it. Sadly, it was sickening to smell and not at all like I remembered it as a kid. I ended up throwing it in the trash. Too bad......so much for fond memories :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2004 5:24:00 AM More reviews by trueboo

awww the harsh reviews some people gave this stuff breaks my heart! ;-) It's a citrus-y body splash, refreshing on a hot summer night after a bath, or after a day of swimming in the ocean. The high alcohol content cools you at first and does contribute to that initial slap of "cheap" scent people talk about, but it basically evaporates leaving behind a very subtle freshness that I find it hard to believe could offend anyone. Your skin just smells clean and fresh without being perfumey. It's an after bath splash and that's about it. :-) I loved the other reviewers nostalgic humor, however!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry...I must disagree here. Jean Nate reminds me of teased hair sprayed into a rock-hard helmet with Adorn Hair Spray (anyone over 30 years of age will get this reference, for those of you who don't, just think of Aquanet, only worse!), Huckapoo shirts (again, a reference for those of us of a certain age), and cigarette-and-sweaty feet-scented bowling alleys. Now those gals knew how to party! They would spritz themselves with Jean Nate and hairspray, throw on their loudest plaid polyester pant suits (for those of you who watch Nick-at Nite and have seen Brady Bunch reruns)and hack on unfiltered Camels while they bowled the afternoon away. And who says you can't bring back wonderful memories like these? Just open a big old bottle of JN and let the Vietnam-like flashbacks begin.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2004 7:24:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

To Cjenn: Yes, it's everywhere! Riteaid, Walgren's, etc.
I love this. I was first introduced to it when I was around 9 yrs old! Dad got me a gift set. i loved it even at that young age! I still love it. The bottle's awkward, so i just transfer it to a spray bottle and use the large bottle as a refill. Very clean, fresh, crisp. Seems overpowering but mellows down a bit. Great for spring and summertime. I would not describe it a florally scent, and certainly not a sweet, warm, or fruity scent. Hints of green tea but I'd describe it a sa "gardeny/grass" scent if this makes any type of sense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 2:34:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I haven't seen a bottle of this in years. Takes me right back to 1972 when it was highly in vogue and it seems, that along with yellow bathrooms, everyone had a huge bottle of this on their counter. The smell was very fresh and clean and after bath ready, the perfect antidote to a long, hard day. I didn't even know they still made this. Was it always made by Revlon? I remember it came in a large, yellow bottle, do they still make this? Guess some things never die.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent really takes me back! My mom has used this for years and the scent is one that will forever be associated with my childhood. It's a bit hard to describe in terms of notes, but the scent is extremely clean (without being soapy), fresh and somewhat airy. It tends to remind me of sunshine, brightness, water droplets, warm towels fresh from the dryer... you get the picture. It's a clean, vibrant scent. To be honest I wouldn't normally purchase this for myself but I definitely like the scent and wouldn't think twice about using it if I didn't already have such a huge arsenal of fragrances to go through! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love expensive fragrances, but to my mind, this is one of the very best inexpensive ones out there. Clean, fresh, and sexy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2003 6:28:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

I swear Bulgari Green tea copied this one! it has been around for ages and was very much ignored then Bulgari comes out with its first unisex scent and people go crazy. I'm not crazy about the scent but i gave it a four for oiginality and freshness. It smells just OK to me. will buy this to give it out as gifts.