July 28, 2014 | 2306 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by nguyen28

I'm an NC 35 with yellow and olive undertones (I'm asian) and this color is HOT! I mean, people turn their heads when you wear this color so be prepared for the attention.

I love matte lipsticks so the texture does not bother me. This lipstick looks better matte anyway, I wouldn't throw gloss over this. Wear it without for a chic look thats bound to receive plenty of compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

I was in the look out for a red with orange undertones and I couldn't find one that was affordable and matte, so I headed up to MAC because I know that, whatever I'm looking for, they have it.
The colour is lovely, sort of a Mad Men red, but it isn't subtle so I kind of save it for special occasions.
The matte finish is amazingly pretty and flattering, but I have really dry lips and this product kind of worsens that, even when I put some lip treatment under it.
Where I live, MAC tends to be pricey, so those are my only buts about this product : too drying on the lips and too pricey for a lipstick, but it is a colour you're not going to find anywhere else and it will sure look lovely in any skin colour

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Shewee

This lippy is redefining my life!

I've been looking for a reddy orange that really pops - I was inspired by w the Iggy Azalea make up in her Murda Bizness vid. Click clack bang bang - this lipstick will make you one dangerous lady!

I always go to MAC for my face paint and I've heard people asking for this colour but I never thought to try it - that was until I'd had a few ciders on record day in Soho - "to MAC" we shrieked. My friend was like "I really wanna get Lady Danger - hic"- So I thought I'd try it. Oh my FRICKIN GAWD! Me and two friends all purchased one and left MAC in a dizzy haze of over applied blusher and matching pouts.

Lady Danger has a matte finish and is highly pigmented - almost fluorescent. I like to apply a little Vaseline before I apply as it can be drying although not as drying as some other matte lippies - like Nars or Kiko - although for the money Kiko is a winner - I digress. It doesn't bleed but you need to apply after drinking and eating and it will end up on your fork cups etc. so just look out for that.

This lipstick looks different on everyone - it is very orange on me but I've seen it look almost like a cherry shade on others. If you want a lipstick that screams "hey - look at me, I'm wearing lipstick" then look no further. Mwah x x x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that I didnít really like MAC cosmetics, but curiosity got the better of me. Lady Danger was the logical choice, since it was the shade I first noticed in the store.

Lady Danger is a bright, orange based matte red (like a more pigmented version of Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Nahema). Since the shade really sticks out, it is not the lipstick for those who want to blend in the crowd, because people will notice it.

This lipstick is really pigmented Ė probably the most pigmented out of all the lipsticks I own and not so easy to remove so you have to be extremely careful when applying it. I havenít noticed that it bleeds out, so I donít wear it with a lip liner, but lip liner would certainly help the application look more neat.

The lipstick has a vanilla scent which doesnít disappear as quickly as Iíd want, but it doesnít bother me.

However, there are some bad sides.

Since Lady Danger is a matte lipstick, it has a drier texture. Luckily, it doesnít dry out the lips, but neither does it feel comfortable. I can remedy this with a lip balm or a transparent lip gloss, but I still prefer the consistency of, for example, Guerlain Rouge Automatique or YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks.

Another minus is that the lipstick wears off irregularly Ė usually the lipstick in the centre of the lips is gone after an hour or two, but it remains on the edge of the lipline. I have small lips and it makes me look ridiculous if I donít touch-up often.

Still, in spite of its minor flaws Lady Danger is still one of my favourite lipsticks ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my second favorite orange -red l/s after NARS Heat Wave. Its a very bright orange red which leans a little bit more towards red than orange but still the ratio is almost like 5:6. The matte formula is not drying at all and it provides a great lasting power. This lady is definitely dangerous and you do require courage to wear it. But its a must have ! Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by caaaaas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I thought I was cool-toned, but now I'm not so sure because this warm, vibrant red does look really nice on me. Maybe I'm just that somewhere-in-the-middle where virtually everything looks good because I've warn ALL sorts of blue-reds, orange-reds, corals, pinks, you name it, and I've never had something look bad. Anyway, enough about ME...

This lipstick is a truly beautiful colour and on me, at least, it doesn't look orange at ALL. It's a vibrant, vibrant warm red, and it is very red on my lips, and it looks really classy. When I pair it with my winged liner and dark brows, I look like I just stepped out of the 40's/50's! The formula glides on, it's very easy to apply straight from the bullet but I like to use a lip brush, too. You get a really defined edge and opaque colour with one or two swipes, and you can also just sweep this on really lightly and top with a gloss or balm for a toned down, corally look. I like that it's a little buildable!

I took off a lippie for two reasons: this is a bit of a dry lipstick, and while it doesn't really destroy your lips, you will need a good moisturizing and prepping system to keep them in good shape if you're wearing this every day, and also I found it did fade quite a bit after eating/drinking, but overall it's really amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A bright red lipstick with an orange undertone, so I actually can't really wear this one, as my skintone is cool and I can't wear gold (but I still do) without looking like a h**ker. But my favorite Mac make up artist told me I could really pull it off, so I bought it. Was in loooove with it. Makes my teeth look a bit yellow, I must admit but I wear it in the evening (on a night out) so it doesn't show that much. It's a difficult red to wear but I'm glad i have it in my collection. I pair it with redd lipliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There's not much to say about this lipstick that hasn't already been said. I'm pale with green eyes and red hair, and I love the way it looks on me.
I'm writing a review to note that, if you're like me and prefer MAC's more matte and dry shades (like Ruby Woo) because they're super long-lasting and don't smudge very easily, this is another color with that texture. Others might want to stay away because they're really dry, but for me it's a huge plus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This was just the wrong color of red for me. Or should I say, the wrong color of orange. I could see this looking amazing on NC30+ though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Odieodie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Although I adore it now, Lady Danger and I have had a tumultuous makeup/wearer relationship, to say the least!

I had been eyeing the shade in the summer, but settled on Ruby Woo instead because it was out of stock. But I saw it again when December rolled around, and snatched it up without a second thought! Excitement! My longed-for colour had finally arrived! I gave it a swath over my lips upon my arrival home and.... woah. It was pretty dang bright. Like, super bright. The brightest lipstick I had ever owned, in fact. And dread proceeded to fill my heart. Too bold, too bright, I'll look like a poorly dressed clown! Nooooooo! But, alas, my Ruby Woo was simply a stub, so I adapted. And you know what? After a few months, I fell in love with Lady Danger all over again.

The shade is super pigmented and lasts all day long. It's a lovely matte, but much less drying than many other MAC reds, so I don't feel like my lips are peeling off 20 minutes or so into wearing it (thank goodness!). With my very pale skin and dark eye liner, it usually makes me look like a bit of a pin-up girl, which is a plus! An outline of liner and one go-around is usually enough to cover my lips for the whole day, so it's not much hassle at all.

The only cons I really have with Lady Danger are that it is a bit pricey if you're buying outside of the USA (like me, sob...), and also that the brightness takes A LOT of getting used to, so don't get discouraged with it too quickly! It is a fantastic lipstick, that will most likely make you look even more fabulous than you already are! :)