Annick Goutal Eau De Charlotte

3.9

on 11/12/2006 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love pretty much all Annick Goutal fragrances and this one is certainly no exception. This is a fantastic summer fragrance. When I first sniffed this one I was unimpressed. However, on my skin it turns into pure heaven! If a berry/chocolate scent can be crisp and fresh, this one is..LOVE IT!

on 8/11/2006 1:10:00 PM

Read the Artifical4 review.I'ts amazing ! It captures the scents essence in the most outrageous of ways(way way too good)Well it shows that AG has a fruity scent that works miracles on me.Although it has weak staying power i plan to buy it in sme other body product.Sweet, sweet fruit laced with shy mimosas.My knees are weak,all of a sudden...

When I first tried this scent, I thought "I just don't get it." But for some reason, I reached for it again and gave it a second chance. I fell in love (despite the fact that my 5 year old son's initial reaction was "it smells like bugspray")! Somewhat sharp and fruity at the beginning, Eau de Charlotte drys down into a warm blend of blackberries and chocolate, with an added soft powder finish. It is truly charming, and I had to have it since my littlest one is named Charlotte!

I recommend the EDP, which has much better staying power than the EDT. The EDP is nearly impossible to come by in the US (I don't live near a Barneys or other high end shop), but can be ordered over the internet at Escentuals UK at a very reasonable price.

I'm so torn with this one. On good days I smell of delicious blackcurrant and tea biscuits, which is divine. Other times I wear it I wrinkle my nose and decide not to wear it again. I change my mind and wear it again and it smells wonderful and comforting again. And so on, and so on. I have a mini and I'll keep trying, but I have a feeling it will take me awhile to decide if this is full bottle worthy. Especially considering I've received no compliments from anyone thus far.

on 5/13/2006 5:57:00 AM

A pleasant scent - I agree with those comments that it is very gentle, unoffensive and "proper for every situation".
I found its edible-fruity-floral composition "well-rounded" but still not too sweet and not too "full" like in other alike scents. It is relatively "warm" fragrance but cocoa-edible warm quality is toned down with some floral notes which makes it more elegant and refined feminine scent - not too pushy... I think it is better for fall/winter but it is not too heavy for any other season, anyway. So, it is rather pleasant but not very outstanding. It is OK but not very memorable... 3+

on 4/16/2006 10:25:00 AM

i am not an expert at fragrance descriptions and usually just rely on my initial reaction upon sniffing a new scent. my first reaction upon sniffing eau de charlotte is a big happy smile :)

on 3/26/2006 11:56:00 AM

I love light fruity-spicy-florals (emphasis on *light*), so the first spritz felt like a slap in the face with medicinal acric syrup. Five minutes later the sharpness and bitterness had nearly faded, leaving an indefinable, cozy-warm smell (very like muffins fresh from the oven) which lasted four hours, and dried down into an equally delicious je ne sais quoi. I had the same experience with Soleil de Fragonard: brazen sherbet-fruitbowl start settling down into a far nicer and wearable fragrance, ideal for leather and cashmere chilly days. At first I used it once a week, now itīs every second day, and the more I use it the better it agrees with me. Will repurchase (I gave it just four lippies because itīs rather expensive.)

(Also, Iīm very petite and slight, and there are not many serious scents that give petites a nice oomph instead of feeling too overpowering and pretentious. Yet Eau de Charlotte fits like a glove - a flattering one.)

on 3/19/2006 6:00:00 PM

Pleasant,baby lotion. I do love the bottle.

on 12/24/2005 10:21:00 PM

Sweet and gentle, very well-mannered but never prim and proper. Eau de Charlotte is one of those "perfect for any situation" fragrances. I've owned both the EDT and EDP versions, and I actually prefer the EDT by a mile. Its sweetness is mostly from a dusty cocoa note on my skin. The tart, sharper berry note in the EDP version annoyed me. My husband, the ultimate fragrance curmudgeon, insists that Eau de Charlotte smells just like a clean diaper bag.

on 12/17/2005 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I LOVE it fruity desserts mets a quirky Socialite. Blackberry's and cream on biscuits with champagne( Kir) wildly interesting not for everyone as it smells anything but mainstream. One must interput this for self, sweet but drys down lovey baby powder scent which greatly appealing to me. Better at baby powder than most but this baby jut drove her Jag home from the stables and throws a silk dress on quickly. Over her washed body and rushes off again to another event. Wipes the jam off her face giggles ..FUN..stuff

Popular Fragrances