July 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Fragrances - Nina Ricci - Nina (New)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On my skin it is just too sweet. No musk develops it just stays as a too super sweet, fruity, young fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first "real" perfume. I couldn't resist the adorable bottle. XD
Just a little bit of this fragrance is like a spritz of happiness. It's fruity, classy, unobtrusive, and after lingering, slightly musky. Since I've been rebuying it for about 2 years, the scent is comforting in a way. It's always gonna be my fallback when I try something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

This fragrance had me sold when I sprayed it on the back of my hand at Sephora in the early afternoon and it lasted till 7 or 8 that night at which point the juicy, aromatic notes had transformed into a soft, cottony musk aroma on the hand. I think the sillage could be better, but it is very fresh and sweet; comforting in that it reminds me of childhood in a way, but I love wearing it because it has a classy edge. I like to carry a roll-on or small bottle with me in my purse and the 1 oz. is so teeny and cute it fits right in there! I got the 1 oz. at my local walgreens for $24.99! Amazing. Great addition to my perfume collection, because I didn't have any fragrances that centered around an apple scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by kittipoetree

I got this from my boyfriend a few Valentine's Days ago. I think it is a perfect gift for younger girls, the bottle/packaging is cute but elegant. I'm no scent expert but the fragrance is light and sweet; however, it does diffuse rather quickly. I'd describe it as fruity, candy, warm, summery. Again, very appropriate for young girls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't purchased this yet but have tested it so many times that I have probably worked my way through 30ml in the last two years. It is GORGEOUS. It is a sweet, fruity, apple-caramel squirt of intoxication. The way the wood notes have been blended with the sweeter notes is sublime. It is a cuddly, giggly, wide-eyed scent that has utterly charmed me.

I looked on the official Nina Ricci website and the notes are listed as:

Top: Calabrian Lemon, Caipirinha Lime
Heart: Moon Flower, Vanilla Infusion, Red Toffee Apple, Peony Petals
Base: Appletree Wood, Cotton Musk

The TV advertisement features a beautiful model (Ruslana Korshunova, the 'Russian Rapunzel') climbing to the top of a huge pyramid of apples to pluck a bottle of Nina from a branch. It is brilliant and tragic, considering the model fell/jumped from her apartment window and died not long afterwards.

Despite this sad fact, Nina remains a special fragrance worth trying, even if you are not usually attracted to the 'young' scents. I think it might become a classic given a few more years.

Edit: it is now March 2012 and I confess I gave the bottle to a friend. Something about it stopped clicking with my chemistry and went sour. My new effervescent favorite is 'Ange ou Demon: Le Secret'.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by apee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a new scent for about 2 years and finally found it. One of my co-workers wears this, and I would follow her around around the office, just to be in the trail of this enchanting perfume. So I bought some and just can't stop smelling myself. I make a little noise (hmmm) and smile when my shirt moves. This is crazy, but the scent makes me happy! My boyfriend jokes about it being the "Anti-B!tch Spray" because it instantly puts me in a good mood! He's going to try spraying me the next time I get angry at him. I think it might work!!!
YUMMY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by elliew8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Such a lovely fragrance, I tend to buy the small 30ml bottles for holidays or just for in the bottom of my handbag. I always get this for christmas/ birthdays because everyone knows I use it a lot and it is a very reasonable price. Still not my all-time favourite but it's definitely a front runner and I always have a bottle handy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by zooper12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!i was really excited to try it,and so I sprayed it on in ulta.I had to spray twice on one arm,though because each spray was really weak.I don't know if it's the bottle design,that certain bottle was a dud,or I maybe I just didnt press hard enough.this isn't too overwhelmingly strong,which is nice.it's just really sweet and fresh and happy and fruity and I love it!i can see this working all year round!I also love the bottle because it looks like an elegant apple. And thr silver leaves are so pretty!
UPDATE:
Woooot!!!!Got this for Christmas!:D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Lazulia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's lovely cute fragrance. It really does smell rather like toffee apples but with a nice dose of flowers also. Nice sweet and sour but still feminine.

I find it has good lasting power. But I would prefer it to be a bit more subtle. It's a bit sickly when I put too much on.

I have often brought this along with me on holiday because the bottle is small and the fragrance is versatile - good both day and evening + summer and winter imo. (The leaves broke off the bottle recently (sniff) during travels though)

It's a nice upbeat fragrance and makes me happy when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, LOVE this perfume. It embodies every scent I adore- fruity, a touch of floral (but not much), vanilla which gives it a slight cotton candy smell, and cedar. This is my HG #2... My HG #1 is Diptyque Tam Dao.