NARS Barbarella

4.2

on 11/5/2010 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So pretty! I love how this color always looks so bright and cheerful, without being so bright its distracting or unnatural. This lipstick is pigmented enough for me, but would probably be too sheer for someone with naturally dark lips. It's fairly long-lasting, and it can be a bit drying, but it's not a problem as long as I'm using a good balm at night.

on 11/3/2010 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I deeply regretted buying this lipstick.

The color in the tube is a beautiful peach shade, very promising. But when I applied it on my lips, it's so sheer. This just gives a sheer wash of peach on my very pigmented lips. I've tried layering it on but I can't make the color show up. This also dried out my lips. Truly disappointing.

This is better worn w/ a lip liner underneath, using a nude lip liner will make this lipstick work, but that would only just give credit to the liner used.

Not worth the money and not worth the hype.

on 9/23/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a great sheer lipstick, it doesn't have a lot of color payoff but it is a sheer gloss. i add a bit of foundation on my lips and then add this and it is a great daytime peach lip! The lasting power is a few hours so you might have to carry this in your purse for touch ups.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Nars despite their reputation as being an overpriced brand, and the one area they excel in like no other is nude or peachy hues. "Barbarella" is really no exception. It looks quite pigmented but goes on a rather natural-looking peach color and can really be worn with anything on any occasion, a very versatile shade. For the price it better be! But I have no complaints, and aside from "Blonde Venus" this is maybe my favorite Nars product I've bought.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This lipstick is so moisturizing! It definately won't dry your lips out and it's is the perfect peach shade. Now that I love Barbarella, I want to see what other NARS lipsticks I like! :) This summer shade is perfect for a NARS newbie! :)

on 7/9/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this looks pretty on my nc30 skin, it goes on smoothly with a good smell idk how to describe it, its kinda like shy girl from mac but peachier. this lipstick is not as pigmented and i have to layer it few times to get the color. this is kinda like a lipbalm.. this is expensive and i wouldnt spend my money on nars lipsticks...

on 6/5/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this as part of a very successful haul during my first trip to Sephora. On my naturally pigmented lips it's a lovely peachy/pink that's subtle and natural-looking, but not so much so that you can't see it or can't tell that it's there. It's so pretty and flattering and would go with so many different looks. The price was quite a bit more than what I'm used to spending on a lipstick, but it was my first time in Sephora! I wasn't going to hold back! This has decent lasting power and no scent. Cute and very convenient packaging! Would repurchase. For reference, I'm MAC NC15, Revlon CS in Buff (combo/oily), MUFE HD 117.

on 6/5/2010 1:52:00 PM

I like this color and of course I am going to use it up.. and that wont be a problem because you have to keep re applying constantly.. it goes away so quickly. it is a very pretty color and it does moisturize but it just is gone 5 minutes after I put it on. And I do not like that. If you don't mind that I'd get this lipstick for sure. but that just annoys the heck out of me.

on 5/16/2010 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this color. It can be as sheer as you'd like or as opaque as you make it. I'm a NC44 in MAC and a Cardiz in Nars. Works well with all skin tones. This lipstick is also very moisturizing and well with the splurge.

on 5/10/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just went out today to buy the new Love Devotion lipstick and ended up with Barbarella- it had a little bit more peach sheen. I love that its light and buildable. I'm not a strong lip color fan, and all the other nudey colors I've found make my lips just fade, but I love this!

Popular Lipsticks