Kerastase Bain de Force

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamidopropionate, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Methylparaben, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Polyquaternium-30, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Carbomer, Polyquaternium-7, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Quaternium-87, Methylparaben, 2-Oleamido-1,3, Octadecanediol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 1/5/2012 7:21:00 AM

I have the 250ml (8.5 fl.oz) bottle of this product. It is intended for weakened and damaged hair (Erosion Level 1-2). Here is a link to the Kerastase website to identify your level of hair erosion: http://www.kerastase.com/sites/_en/_ca/minisites/force/diagnostic.aspx
This shampoo and conditioner (which I will review separately) are my favourite Kerastase products, out of the six I have. Before I began using this a week ago, I did not think a shampoo could make a noticable difference in the appearance and condition of my hair. I have fine, blond, shoulder-length hair and I thought this would be too heavy for my hair type. It definitely is not. I can even go an extra day without shampooing when I use this product; my fine hair does not look greasy the next day after washing. I do shampoo, condition and heat style my hair everyday even though I should not.
This shampoo is creamy but light at the same time. It is truly a luxury each time I use it. I wet my hair until it is well saturated, dispense a loonie-sized amount (Canadians will know what I mean) and lather my hair. I let the shampoo sit in my hair for 1-2 minutes before rinsing out in order to infuse my hair with all of the reinforcing and resurfacing benefits. I condition my hair with the complimenting treatment (conditioner). My hair is easier to comb out after I have used this shampoo, thus preventing more breakage. After I blow dry my hair (using other Kerastase products which I will also review - Ciment Thermique), it feels so silky and looks incredibly shiny, but not weighed down. I would highly recommend this shampoo to anyone who heat styles, colours or highlights their hair.

on 11/14/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Excellent! I pair this with the masquintense for fine hair and the results are fab. I wasn't crazy that this contains SLS (my scalp usually hates sulfates) but I haven't had any issues yet, so I will continue to use. This is creamy and thick so you only need a teeny bit. I have used this with ciment, but not crazy about that combo so I will try another KS cond. to go with it. Highly recommended for color-treated, baby fine wavy hair!

on 10/20/2011 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really love this shampoo! I took a 5 hour Kerastase class today about all of their products and was given this as a sample.

It is great for hair that has been overly chemically processed. Bleach, dye, perms, chemical straightening.. etc. It contains a massive amount of protein for the hair which it needs to re-strengthen the fibre. It left my hair cleansed but full of body and shine... and my hair is very damaged from highlights. One thing the representative in the class noted is that you need to be using another product at least once a week that will add moisture to the hair. (Any Kerastase product that has orange packaging will add moisture.) This only provides protein, and if your hair is not chemically damaged it will be too much protein and make the hair feel like straw. It will not repair heat styling damage, for that I would look for any product that has the word "thermique" in it, specifically nectar thermique.

Sorry for my technical speel, just thought I would pass on what I learned! Overall great shampoo for chemically damaged hair! What a difference!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was asked to use this product along with oleo relax masque and elixir ultimate by ma hair dresser on ma supremely weakened hair which had started to break... But the reason why this shampoo didn't work was that the other two products I used were causing heavy build up which this shampoo was unable remove .it's an impotent shampoo loaded with chemicals which was leaving ma hair oily and dull...it also contains sls, so does dove or herbal essence ... So this shampoo is overated ... I have recently switched to other less chemically harmful shampoos which are performing better and are much milder than this one....

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, admittedly more often than not I like the products by Kerastase, so maybe I am biased. I got this and the Ciment Anti-Usure (not sure about the spelling) as well as the equivalents from Redken (the Extreme series) after having mis-treated my hair with highlights for too long a time. IMHO the Kerastase products blows the Redken products of out the water. The shampoo leaves my hair clean for a long time (I can wash my hair every third day with it still being fresh should I want to with this shampoo provided that I do not use a lot of styling products). It has a very pleasant scent that does not compete with my perfume. The tendency for individual strands to break has reduced a lot. A little goes a long way, so I expect that by the time I finish this bottle I will not need to buy a new one as I no longer mistreat my hair in the same way...

on 9/6/2011 8:27:00 AM

Recommended to me by a hairdresser after a different haridresser fried my hair with too many highlights a few years ago.

I used it for a month about three times a week and I came away thinking this entire brand is seriously overated. It didn't do anything more than a high street intensive conditioner would do at a fraction of the price

on 9/6/2011 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was recommended this shampoo by my mobile hairdresser (so she is not selling to me) - I bought from an online retailer.

I have highlighted hair (which is probably now at least 100% covered) and also have a lot of grey which makes my hair dry and hard to control.

This shampoo has been fantastic, my hair feels in much better condition. I recommend using a good quality conditioner with it as it can feel dry but this shampoo is to reconstruct the hair and not add moisture. My hairdresser describes this as repairing the holes in a bucket so you can add moisture - otherwise the moisture would run out. I alternate with the Nutritive range and have found my blonde highighted hair is looking much shinier and feels smoother - even the hubby has said "you're hair feels like real hair!" - a major compliment for him to notice! If a man can notice a difference, it has to be working - that's my honest opinion.

on 8/25/2011 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First I will say: This is a great product! It does exactly what it is meant to do - and it does it well!

I read reviews for this product after I had bought it. Reading some of the poor reviews of it terrified me - it is so expensive and I thought I had thrown my money away!

I have been bleaching my hair for almost 4 years now. With diligent care it has remained quite healthy overall - but a recent move and enduring some notoriously hard water has left it very dry and brittle.

This shampoo is very good. It does exactly what it says it is supposed to do - it is building back up my dry brittle processed hair. I have been using it along with the Kerastase Age Recharge masque for about a week now (that's 3 washes) with great, soft, strong results. To the touch my hair feels thicker and softer.

(My stylist recommended that I only use it for 6 weeks at a time - though I often rotate in other shampoos/treatments anyway so I am not too concerned about her caution.)

I believe the poor reviews it has received is not because the product isn't good - it is because the reviewers chose the wrong product for their hair type!! If your hair is not in a position to require a good protein infusion it WILL feel hard and straw like after using this shampoo. From my experience it isn't that Bain de Force is not working - or it's a crappy product - it's that the product is working but on the wrong type of hair! (Resulting in the unwanted effects...)

Basically this product is for hair that needs strengthening and protein. It isn't going to hydrate your hair. It leaves my hair feeling soft afterward - but that's because my hair needs what it offers! I am purchasing this product again - and I am incorporating it with their hydrating masques/treatments. I believe a rotation of Kerastase products will bring my hair back to what it used to be before the pollution and hard water problems!

on 5/28/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an awful product, other than the lovely fragrance. I have fine, dry, wavy hair that's untreated. After my BS2 shampoo ran out, thought I'd try the Bain de Force sample. After 2 uses in 3 days, my scalp has broken out in big red cysts. There are even a couple on my face, near my scalp. I rarely break out from anything. This was the only new product in rotation, so will not use it again. Quite a variance in Kerastase products, and have found sometimes they work better if used for a different hair type or regimen than suggested.

on 4/18/2011 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This shampoo is filled with protein, which can be really drying if you over do it.

I didn't find that it did anything great for my hair,although it does smell nice.

It is also filled with tons of chemicals, which makes me wonder how much reconstructing it's capable of.

Top Rated Kerastase Products