July 25, 2014 | 1945 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Poxleitner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

When I first got this product it did absolutely nothing for me. I used it a few times and I stopped using it because it wasn't doing anything at all. Then recently, for whatever reason, I started using it as a spot cream on all of my pimples, blackheads, and cysts. It worked AMAZINGLY!!!! Better than any spot treatment or mask! takes away blemishes in about a day. I don't know why, but it even works better than the tea tree spot treatment from The Body Shop. I put it on without washing it off, as soon as I get home from school, before bed, and as soon right after I wash my face in the morning, on weekends. It doesn't dry or irritate my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Sense it is a clay mask, it reduces oil as well. If this product does nothing for you as a mask, I really recommend trying this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried all the other tea tre products, so I decided to try this as well. This mask was disappointing and aside from making my skin feel refreshed it did nothing for me. I prefer the honey/oat mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by agnebai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this mask just because I felt like shopping in one of my favorite stores in the world (The Body Shop, yes!) and this product was on sale. I'm using it once a week or less and I think it's OK. I like its texture when applying on my face (might feel too stingy for a more sensitive skin) and how soft my skin feels right after washing it off, but a few hours later, I would not tell any difference of my skin before and after the mask. I will probably finish it, but not buy the same one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by missanonymous168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Two of my friends love this mask and it works really well for their acne, so I'm soo disappointed that it doesn't work for me! It makes me break out more and when I use it at night, my face becomes an oil slick by morning. That's weird because tea tree oil is supposed to be good for oily skin since it's drying... I've scoured the internet for reviews on this product and found one other reviewer who said the same thing. Pro: Immediately after using this, my skin does become softer, but I can easily achieve that with other masks. I say this product is worth a try. It is very effective for some people, so maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

when I had bad acne and clogged pores, I used this religiously until I finished the whole jar. it actually made my acne worse. because it contains so little tea tree oil and so many other crappy ingredients.it really doesn't do anything besides give you the tinglely sensation. if you want to use something that actually cleanse, try the blue corn mask, it's way better

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxoxol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm usually a big fan of the Body Shop, but this mask caused loads of spots to come up where I've never had them before. I used it twice (just to be sure) and it took about two weeks for my complexion to completely clear up.

Definitely won't be buying this again! Such a waste of 10.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

While I love the regular 3-step Body Shop Tea Tree Oil line, this was not a great product for me. Didn't clear my blackheads or make my pores any smaller. It does leave my skin feeling somewhat refreshed, though, and it helps a bit with oil. Maybe I'll mix in some sugar or something to make it a scrub, since I don't want to waste it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't be without this product! Whenever my skin gets a little crazy I exfoliate my face then slap this on. I love the smell of tea tree oil and I also love the cool tingly feeling of having this mask on...and I love how clean and supple my face feels after! I also like how this doesn't soak up a every bit of moisture as my skin is sensitive to drying masks (though next time I try one I'm going to see if keeping it on for only a really short time will work). As a side note, I like to add a bit of calamine lotion to this mask for extra acne-fighting power (I used to use Lush's Fresh Farmacy but I stopped because of how much it costs for a daily use item). If I had the time and money I'd use this every day! :P

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by nanhah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i could go on forever about how bad this mask is but thats unnecessary. plain and simple this irritated my skin and didn't not help AT ALL. i would definitely NOT recommend this. just made my skin worse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

My skin: Combination - oily on the t-zone and dry on the cheeks. I also have very sensitive skin.

I normally don't break out, just the occasional 1-2 acne when its the time of the month, but for the pasts month I've been breaking out constantly because of stress. So when I saw that The Body Shop had a 15% on everything in stores if your purchase 2 things, I picked this up as I've heard that tea tree oil helps clear the skin.

So far, I've used it twice and I can already see the results. Any acne present appears less inflamed and any acne scars look lighter. I feel that this product also prevents any break out as I've noticed that incoming acne bumps are gone after using this.

I use this after I get out of the shower, and I keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes (instructions call for 15 min). I kept it on for 10 minutes on my first try because I didn't want irritate my skin as I do have really sensitive skin.

For the first couple of minute, there's a tingling sensation. It doesn't burn but it does tingle and this sensation goes away after like 5 minute. After that, it just feels really cool and fresh. Unlike most traditional masks, this doesn't dry after the intended 15 minutes which does make it easier to rinse off.

As for the packaging, I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm definitely not complaining. The price is alright, don't remember the exact price but it was definitely less than $15 for 10mL of product which isn't too bad as this really works and will last a long time if you use it like 1-2 times a week.

I will definitely repurchase this product as it does help with my acne as well as it prevents any upcoming acne.