September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by elizabethreme

Priceless to all of us make up junkies out there. Thanks MAC : )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love the back 2 Mac program it is fantastic! I always collect my empty containers and get so excited when I can get a free lipstick in return! I know in the US you also have the choice of eyeshadow and lipgloss but in Australia I'm pretty sure it's only lipstick, but I could be wrong as I usually visit a counter. I tell all my friends about this too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thank MAC for having this program. I now try to get all my staple items from them. Except for my skincare. I don't know how many eyeshadows I have gotten for free because of this. I'm lucky enough to have a store near me. Love this program!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

BACK 2 MAC is awesome. As long as you go to a MAC store (in America) you are able to redeem your empty 6 containers for an eyeshadow, lipgloss, or lipstick. If you go to a department store like Macys or Nordstrom, you will only receive a lipstick. Other then that, you can't go wrong for receiving free products.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sila2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very disappointed from Mac , i collected 6 empty items from mac cosmetics ,i bring it to one mac store in turkey (taksim), and im was said to hear from them that they dont accept this empty items to change with lipsticks , i think that mac makes rule available all over the world not just in amerika or some other country. SOMETHING ELSE make me really really said ,i bought a lipstick from the same store i asked hue lipstick and i get it ,but in reallity i want please me i asked the wrong name , so the next day i return to the store to change it( of course without open it) but i'm shocked to hear that product purshased can't be return it or replace it with other product ,IT REALLY NOT FAIR ,i always read in the internet some people even try the product and return it because he didn't like it and me i wanted to change it without be opening and they dont accept !!!!! PLEASE MAC DO SOMETHING AND BE FAIR.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tenfeetz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little annoyed the other day when I went to mac in nordstrom and they said that I could only get a lipstick and not a lipgloss. Anyone else have this problem?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by allthegoodonesaretaken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good program. If you are unable to go to a counter, you may ship them in to MAC for a lipstick. The site states that you are able to ship in 6 empties at a time for one lipstick. Just fill out a simple form (bascially what the six you are sending in are and your top 3 lipstick choices), print and send in the form with your empties. They will ship you one of the lipsticks. If you want more choices (an eyeshadow or lipgloss), go to a counter.

I am proud of MAC for being the only brand that is willing to contribute to our environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Glamourbabies

MAC's Back to Mac Program is probably one of the main things that keep me coming back to MAC (well, the program combined with their wide array of colors and high pigment.)
It takes me a fair amount of time to save up the containers and I often find myself loosing the containers in the interim - but I love the philosphy. Take 6 empty containers back to a MAC store or department store and get a free lipgloss, eyeshadow or lipstick. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great program instead of throwing youre empties away you can get a free lippy for 6 products,just a shame that they dont offer eyeshaddows in the Uk,if only more companies did this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by shminbabe1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using MAC since before the stores came to the U.S. I ordered stuff straight from Toronto! Then when the stores came - - well, let's just say I've bought a lot of product and picked up my basics via B2M.

I was spending so much that one year I gave up MAC for Lent. Ha! I went in the night before Lent started to make some "final purchases" (as if I could not get through six weeks without buying?) and tell them good-bye. It was a good thing to do as it helped me refocus my attention on other things and since then I've been far less extravagant in my makeup buying, although compared to the average girl, I use a lot of it, daily.

But I adore MAC, and I'm going to wear makeup regardless, so the B2M is great. For the person who says it's just a ploy to get you in, where you'll inevitably overspend? You know, in all my years of shopping and spending there, I have never felt pressured to buy. I've shopped in a lot of MAC stores/counters and it just hasn't happened to me. I've overspent due to my own impulsivity and lack of control at times. Now I try to be more careful, and I can always return things.

I'm sure there is the incentive to MAC to get people in, and to maintain customer loyalty, but it's really worked for me. I always need an Oh Baby lip glass, or a Brule eye shadow, so I try to keep it to my staples, since you cannot return a B2M item. Love it!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No