April 19, 2014 | 1804 users online

Treatments - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by abdollmohammadi

I used to love using these on my face, but recently they have begun breaking me out. I bought a ton of them from Costco recently and did not want to just let them sit on my shelf. One morning, my hair was extremely tangled and dry (I full foil every three months, plus I have fine hair to begin with). I was desperate in the fullest sense to find something to fix my hair and make it smooth. I broke upen a capsule and ran it through my hair, I broke open a second one and really massaged it into my hair. I ran the comb thu as if it was butter. My hair was so soft and smooth. I blowed it dry and was amazed at how shiny and smooth (but not greasy at all!!!). I use one capsule every time I shampoo and I have the healthiest hair ever.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by spendy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

O how I love these! I'm 43 now and I believe I started using these when I was about 20-21. Gee, time flies! Anyway, I just love this product. I can still remember the first time I used thinking that it felt like rubbing motor oil all over my face! I thought it was terrible and quickly washed it off---my skin was a little on the oily side at that age a I CERTAINLY didn't want to add to it! I tried it again a few days later and made myself leave it on for a few minutes like the sales lady told me to. My skin was like a baby's bottom!! Makeup went on smoothly and it didn't add any oily texture at all. Throughout the years I'll run out of it and start using something else only to regret it. I keep thinking that it must be outdated by now and something new MUST be more advanced. I still haven't found anything better. I have really good skin for my age and want to keep it that way as long as I can so I'll be back at the store or Ebay for more this week having been out for the past 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the most unique packaging I've seen in a while. I love trying different formula and products and this one, at least the packaging, seemed really innovative to me. I wasn't too fond of the oily consistency initially as oils = breakout. But my skin quickly absorbed the product and it made my skin look so smooth and radiant. I recommended this to my boyfriend's sister last Christmas and she says that ppl have been complimenting her skin ever since. I think this is a great revitalizing product for all ages. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by rurinoyume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always steal* these from my mom's vanity drawer (haha~) until i moved out of the house, and have to start getting my own. I love this product as it almost feels like it's biosilk (for hair) but for your skins~!!! Although it's greasy for the first min after you apply on (i rub the content with my hands and rub it on my face). After that first min and greasy feel would be instantly gone, and both my hands and my face are super smooth~!!! I know that people saying it's expensive and all, I recently found out that Costco sells this for 127 capsules (2x60caps package + 7 caps traveler case) for $39.99+tax, not bad at all~!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by annabellegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The first time I snipped the little nub off the capsule and oil flowed out, I was aghast. In case you have no idea, I am completely anti-anything oily on my face. The mere thought of oil touching my skin gives me the heebie-jeebies. I briefly considered binning it, but the darn thing did cost quite abit...so against my haste, I reluctantly slathered the oil all over my face and neck (all the while seriously entertaining the thought of washing it right off). Am I glad I gave the little capsule a chance! Within seconds, my apparently super-thirsty skin slurped up every nano-drop and oil begone, all that's left is smooth, moist and revitalized skin. Only the smell stops me cold from a repurchase. Much as it seems like I'm stating the obvious, the product reeks of, well, pungent grease.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jomdaly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I love how this is packaged in the individual capsules. I have tried skincare that worked for a month and then did not work anymore. I now understand that the the way it was packaged caused it to lose it's power.I don't understand how this works for my skin, but it does. I have sensitive/rosacea skin and it is hard to find something that does not aggrevate the condition. This is not a moisturizer, but a serum. It does nothing to moisturize my dry skin, but it does not dry it out. It smooths my skins and I have noticed some fine lines have diminished and the tone is better. I use it in the morning and have started some other skin care products also. But, I know I am sticking with this one. I was able to get it much cheaper on ebay because the price is way too high.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product, but I don't love the packaging at all. The little ampules drive me more than a little batty. I only use half of one at a time, so I end up having to stash the other half somewhere around the bathroom precariously teetering so that it doesn't spill any of the wonderful serum inside until I can use it the next day. I prefer to prick a hole to twisting. Format, and the ridiculous price aside, I love this product and it does wonder for my dried out winter skin.

Normally I don't buy department store creams and serums, but I've received this once as a GWP and once as a gift and I've rationed it in delight both times. I think I will have to break tradition and purchase it when I run out. I love it that much. I have to say, I really do like the Ceramide line, and I am one who is never, ever happy with her moisturizers. I've yet to try the day cream, but the eye and night creams have me very satisfied.

On to the capsules. I apply these, depending on the day and the needs of my skin, either at night or in the morning before make-up. It works beautifully either way. I have combination-dry skin and this, using half, sinks right in and with moisturizer makes an excellent make-up base. My skin is more even textured, freckles are lessening and my pores are minimal. There is only a faint scent to this, as with the other products in the line. The sheen is only temporary, but the glow lasts all day. I find that when I wear this at night I wake up looking especially rested. I like to use an extra dose around my eyes.

I think what I love most about this, and what is making my skin look most youthful, is the massive moisture boost I get from this serum. It's truly extraordinary and not at all greasy. I haven't found anything this good anywhere, period! I don't know about the anti-ageing benefits, I'm going to add hydraulic acid to it myself, and this is going to be a wintertime staple for me from now on. My skin says a little "Thank you" each time I massage this precious oil into it. It's pure luxury for skin.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by svedija

I think it is a best product in the market for a sensitive skin. my skin has never looked more soft and smooth, it is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Geez...out of all my reviews, I neglected to review the very best product on the market? Anyway, I have been using the Advanced capsules for over 15 years, and they have helped my skin tremendously. Probally the single one product that has never let me down. Apparently, I wouldn't had stuck with the capsules this long, huh?

Advance capsules contains ceramides ( lipids ) and this is exactly what our own skin produces. As we age, we don't produce the amount of ceramides, we did in our youth. I once experimented, by taking one capsule, and applied to the back of my hand. I waited about 20-25 minutes and ran tap water over that hand. The water flowed off ( like a ducks back ), and that explaines the capsules "barrier" it provides for the skin. The skin had that same protection in our youth - only done in a natural way. Wikipedia gives a better ( mostly scientific ) explanation.

Application appears oily at first, then within a few minutes it quickly absorbs into the skin. The skin isn't left sticky, greasy or with a nasty film, but soft and more even toned. These aren't necessarily for dry skin types, I used these when my skin had oil. There is very little fragrance, and I've never experienced any stinging or burning. Ebay or T.J.Maxx have the best value for these capsules.

Elizabeth Arden packaging for this product was clever/ingenious. The individual small pink tubes provides the correct amount for the face. It also protects the integrity of the serum. No subliminal message in the least. When it comes to skincare, I think what works for some - doesn't for others.

Note: On Skin Deep Products Safety Database this product has a 1 rating. It doesn't get any better ;-)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Khnfmly

I love the feeling on my skin when used with my cream. I have not tried this under my makeup yet.The price is pretty steep. I will udate my reveiw after I've used it for a while. I have menapausal skin problems so I hope this helps out. I have tried everything. I was surprised this felt as good as it did. The new capsules are supposed to be improved without silicone(from what I have heard)I like that it is preservative free(less is more sometimes). This was a GWP so I have not really started purchasing yet.I want it to amaze me first and longer than a week before I am convinced its performing worth the price.