Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules

4.1

Ingredients from packaging: CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, SQUALENE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, SPHINGOLIPIDS, CERAMIDE 6, RETINYL LINOLEATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, BORAGE SEED OIL, HEXADECANOLIDE.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This review is for the pale pink squishy capsules in the clear plastic pull-apart container (now discontinued). The replacement capsules are gold in an off-white container with a gold-rimmed flip-top lid, renamed Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules Intensive Treatment for Face and Throat". Anyway onto my review for the original pink ceramide capsules.

I have very sensitive skin and cant use much skincare regularly. I normally use (fair trade, organic, cold-pressed, extra-virgin) olive oil or similar to cleanse and moisturise my face and thats great! It calms and normalises the oil and redness in my skin, is a protective barrier against wind/irritation ect, and is an excellent base that acts as a makeup primer (silcone free). A few pumps out of a dark glass bottle is quick, convenient and hygenic.

But! Liquid oil is too problematic to travel with, so I've found Elizabeth Arden's Time Complex Capsules are a good subsitute. Clean & easy, the closed capsules stay hygenically sealed until you're ready to use.
They have an almost perfect score of 2/10 on the Skin Deep cosmeticsdatabase.com safety database, meaning low hazard and great for my health and sensitive skin!! Thats amazing in a mainstream product. You only need one or two per day so you only need take away exactly how many you need. The product itself is a clear slippery serum packed full of silicones, which some people don't like (why? I've not heard reasons why we should avoid the "cones"), but it does give that slippery base perfect to fill in the wrinkles just like a makeup primer does so that foundation goes on more smoothly and "floats" over wrinkles without settling into lines. I've heard it referred to as "heavy duty polyfiller". It also has moisturising oils. You're supposed to apply moisturiser on after this, but as I have oily skin I just leave it unless I'm putting on makeup or sunblock. I have senstive skin but I've found these are fine, even near the senstive eye area and sides of nose. I think its because they're fragrance free, and most importantly preservative-free. They don't clog my pores with occasional use.

Finally, each portion is a perfect amount for the entire face AND throat area. So ladies, please don't "save" half for the next day. By that time its oxidising. And anyway, we don't want a gorgeously smooth face perched on top of a wrinkling neck. Please, use it all and moisturise French-style, ie from the top of your face all the way down to your throat and the top of your chest. The neck and decolletage is a gorgeous area deserving the same care as your face!

Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Squalane, Isostearic Acid, Sphingolipids, Ceramide 6, Retinyl Linoleate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Borage Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Hexadecanolide

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

BEFORE using this:

I thought I had very oily, acne-prone skin. I'd been using only hydrating moisturizer meant for oily skin(e.g. biotherm aquasource) prior to using this. My skin was always greasy and had pimples. On top of that, ever since I started using a Shiseido sunscreen, my skin started to become dry w/ lots of flakes and lots more pimples!!!!!!!!!!! So I figured I need to put on something heavier than some hydrating gel. I read good reviews on this, and because you can get this pretty cheap at Costco, I gave this a try.

The product:
I like capsules, it feels like the product is "fresher" and uncontaminated.
It looks like some sort of oil(not sure if it is) but it sinks in to the skin w/in a few minutes. The amount in the capsule seemed a bit too much to be used only for the face and neck, but all of it sinks in to the skin and does not feel greasy after that.
My skin feels moisturized, hydrated, and smooth, once the oil is all absorbed.

Flakes were gone after a few days of putting this on before sunscreen and removing the sunscreen well using cleansing oil. On days when I don't wear sunscreen(Shiseido sunscreen sucks up all oils from your face, so the skin looks really matte the whole time you have it on), I am NOT SHINY!!! AND the PIMPLES REDUCED!!!

Now whenever I go to beauty counter everyone tells me I have a combo to dry skin. I hope EA never ever discontinues this!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product does work on reducing the lines under my eyes. Actually, not until using the capsul for over a month in the winter time, I found out the fine lines are getting invisible. Plus, during the month, I went to bed definitelyI before 11pm. Either of them helps, I bet.

I am almost 28 and got severe dark circles and lines as I stayed up late for the past year. It is hard to figure out whether the lines are due to fatigue or aging though the manager of a drug mart told me that I am too young to start this line. But, so far, it is the only thing effective on the lines. Be honest, it does not help with the dark circles.

i am in my mid forties , have combination skin and use a full ampule in the morning and every evening. I have been desperate to find something to slow down my aging process that has been picking up speed over the last few years and has excelerated over the past few months. now these little ampules are not miracle workers, I do however feel my skin tone is nicer and my skin has a nice flush to it, But i like this product most beacaue it feels good going on, Yes it greasy at first but your skin will DRINK it in (bought mine at Mrshalls for around $35) and if you can get a cup a coffee or watch a few minutes of tv, your skin will have completely absorbed every drop and you are ready for you sunscreen, makeup, or whatever you choose. i don't think my skin is any firmer .but it just feels nice applying it and i think my skin really likes it............

This did two bad things to my skin: Dried it out and broke it out. This stuff is basically pure silicone with some other ingredients added, and rather than adding moisture, it sucked moisture from my skin while also blocking my pores. Zits galore after just two days. Unless your skin is dry as a bone, you should probably run away. Or, use it over a moisturizer as a makeup primer (that's basically what it feels like anyway).

I used to love using these on my face, but recently they have begun breaking me out. I bought a ton of them from Costco recently and did not want to just let them sit on my shelf. One morning, my hair was extremely tangled and dry (I full foil every three months, plus I have fine hair to begin with). I was desperate in the fullest sense to find something to fix my hair and make it smooth. I broke upen a capsule and ran it through my hair, I broke open a second one and really massaged it into my hair. I ran the comb thu as if it was butter. My hair was so soft and smooth. I blowed it dry and was amazed at how shiny and smooth (but not greasy at all!!!). I use one capsule every time I shampoo and I have the healthiest hair ever.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

O how I love these! I'm 43 now and I believe I started using these when I was about 20-21. Gee, time flies! Anyway, I just love this product. I can still remember the first time I used thinking that it felt like rubbing motor oil all over my face! I thought it was terrible and quickly washed it off---my skin was a little on the oily side at that age a I CERTAINLY didn't want to add to it! I tried it again a few days later and made myself leave it on for a few minutes like the sales lady told me to. My skin was like a baby's bottom!! Makeup went on smoothly and it didn't add any oily texture at all. Throughout the years I'll run out of it and start using something else only to regret it. I keep thinking that it must be outdated by now and something new MUST be more advanced. I still haven't found anything better. I have really good skin for my age and want to keep it that way as long as I can so I'll be back at the store or Ebay for more this week having been out for the past 3 months.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the most unique packaging I've seen in a while. I love trying different formula and products and this one, at least the packaging, seemed really innovative to me. I wasn't too fond of the oily consistency initially as oils = breakout. But my skin quickly absorbed the product and it made my skin look so smooth and radiant. I recommended this to my boyfriend's sister last Christmas and she says that ppl have been complimenting her skin ever since. I think this is a great revitalizing product for all ages. Highly recommended.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I always steal* these from my mom's vanity drawer (haha~) until i moved out of the house, and have to start getting my own. I love this product as it almost feels like it's biosilk (for hair) but for your skins~!!! Although it's greasy for the first min after you apply on (i rub the content with my hands and rub it on my face). After that first min and greasy feel would be instantly gone, and both my hands and my face are super smooth~!!! I know that people saying it's expensive and all, I recently found out that Costco sells this for 127 capsules (2x60caps package + 7 caps traveler case) for $39.99+tax, not bad at all~!!!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The first time I snipped the little nub off the capsule and oil flowed out, I was aghast. In case you have no idea, I am completely anti-anything oily on my face. The mere thought of oil touching my skin gives me the heebie-jeebies. I briefly considered binning it, but the darn thing did cost quite abit...so against my haste, I reluctantly slathered the oil all over my face and neck (all the while seriously entertaining the thought of washing it right off). Am I glad I gave the little capsule a chance! Within seconds, my apparently super-thirsty skin slurped up every nano-drop and oil begone, all that's left is smooth, moist and revitalized skin. Only the smell stops me cold from a repurchase. Much as it seems like I'm stating the obvious, the product reeks of, well, pungent grease.