April 19, 2014 | 1644 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've have had acne since middle school. I've tried so many different products out there for acne, and every time, I'm so disappointed. I've finally learned that acne products normally do more harm than good. So I began looking for more simple products and I started with this - now I love it!
This is a very simple cleanser. There is no pretty fragrance, no cool colors, no fancy bottle...just a nice simple face wash. And because of that, it works. This wash has never irritated my acne - in fact it really calms it. It can be a little drying at first, but just follow with moisturizer and all is well.
I would recommend this to anyone who can't find a good cleanser and has tried "just about everything." It's about $7 at Walmart or Target, it lasts a while, and it really works.

- Also, the bar form of this works great to. The bar is cheaper, but it tends to melt and be messy, so this is just more convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! I used to have pretty severe acne and tried EVERY oil -free washes, scrubs you can imagine. Then, my dad pointed to this bar by Neutrogena that has been around for many many years(my grandma used it), the original one. I used the bar and in only 2 days my skin already healed dramatically! I don't use the bar anymore since it melts and its pretty hard to wash my face with a big slippery cube. This is the same exact formula, except in liquid form, I highly recommended this.
Don't waste your time on things like those stupid fruity clean and clear washes, this original formula STILL beats anything I've ever used.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser because I read the reviews of it on here and some other sites and everyone seemed to RAVE about it. I was getting bored of my current cleanser, so I bought it. I was so excited. So I used it and I noticed it was very good at removing makeup and it definitely cleaned my skin. However, after I used it my face was really red and my skin felt very tight. However, I did not mind, as it cleaned my skin well and did not cause irritation. However, as soon as I started using it, I started to break out. I was pretty surprised, as this is supposed to be a mild cleanser! On the bottle I believe it says something about being gentle or good for sensitive skin. So anyway, I used it 3/4 times and my skin was breaking out, so I used my old cleanser and the next morning my skin was completely clear.

So it was definitely Liquid Neutrogena that made me break out. I found this cleanser surprising and disappointing. I was surprised at its slight harshness (caused redness, tight skin, breakouts), especially as the bottle said it was a gentle cleanser. And I was disappointed because everyone everywhere seemed to rave about it and it just did not live up to my expectations at all. I gave it 2 points because it cleaned my skin and removed my makeup well. I use it as a shower gel now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by fatinfasihah

been using this facial cleanser since forever ! cant get enough of it. my face feel and look super clean after i got out from the shower. and it removes make up too :) i already used it for almost 7 years already. it really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The bottle looks elegant by my sink. One pump is enough for my entire face and it washes makeups off beautifully. It doesn't dry out my skin like other cleansers do, although i still feel minimal tightness afterward. It gives a clean feeling which i love. One warning is this ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT get into your eyes, otherwise your eyes are on fire. Overall, really like this and will repurchase. Don't get into your eyes!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this cleanser forever, my mom has used it for as long as I can remember. It was always in the bathroom/shower, so I would use it. It's been repurchased at least 100+ times over, and I would recommend this to anyone who wants a simple basic cleanser. It removes makeup well, and it is gentle. Sometimes I feel dry after using it, but I tend to feel dry after using some cleansers sometimes, so I don't think it's just from this. The scent is not that bad, it doesn't linger at all. In fact, I like the smell! I have also used this in bar form and I don't feel that it smells any different or better/worse. My skin always feels super clean after using this, it doesn't leave a residue or leave my skin parched either. I love this cleanser, I always end up coming back to it. It's reasonably priced, and I will continue to repurchase as long as I can!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was tempted to try a fragrance free product after I heard that sensitive skin may be bothered by fragrance. I always have trouble finding a non-irritating skin product. I'm not sure if fragrance was my problem, but this fragrance-free cleanser is fantastic. My skin finally isn't all bothered and flaky, and in the summer I could even skip moisturizer. This removes makeup VERY well, and I can use this around my eyes without any burning. I use this to clean my makeup brushes as well; it gets rid of all makeup/oils so well, better than baby shampoo, and always leaves my makeup brushes clean and soft.

I recommend this to those with skin that gets irritated easily by facial products. You're hard-pressed to find anything fragrance-free nowadays, so you never know if that's the issue; even products that don't smell strongly usually have 'fragrance' in the ingredients list somewhere. It's worth a shot.

UPDATE: 4/20/12
Unfortunately, I do not use this anymore. This removes makeup and dirt really *really well*, but I think at a price. My skin started to feel very tight after I washed my face and my eyebrows were falling out. I noticed it doing so after every time I washed my face, and the days I got lazy and just used an Equate face wipe, they didn't fall out. I didn't make the connection until I switched face washes; ever since I did so my eyebrows stopped falling out. I can't recommend this as I did before, and am disappointed because this kept my skin so clear, probably because it cleans so well.

This is still a good face wash, but maybe better for those normal - oily, not sensitive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it is frangrance free. I have follen in love with this cleanser. Cheap but works great. I Have oily skin and this cleanser works great at removing the oil and makeup as well. The smell is mild and that was another selling point for me. Very little smell at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
EVERYTHING!!!
Cons:
Smells
Doesn't foam
Bottom line: I got this as a sample from a dermatologist and I am in love. This is a good basic cleanser but I thought it smelled worse than the bar soap and it did not lather too nicely so I will not be repurchasing.
Recommended: Yes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this face wash since junior high (almost 20 years ago). My dermatologist recommended this cleanser for me. In junior high, I had really bad acne on my forehead (I think it was all that hairspray), so my derm prescribed me prescription topical treatment for my skin, I don't remember what it was, but it worked wonders. My derm recommended I use a mild cleanser that didn't include any acne medication because too much acne medication can make my breakouts worse. For the past 20 years, I've had this face wash in my shower. I might divert and use something else to try, but I always end up back to this face wash. This is my daily face wash and I will always have it as part as my daily routine. I buy this product at Costco, it's like $8.99 for 4 bottles.