Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 8/4/2013 3:24:00 AM

I'd never used foundation primers before, but I had always heard good things about the Laura Mercier primers. I was hoping to purchase the oil-free primer for my t-zone, but my local Sephora was out and I settled for the general foundation primer.

This is an okay product. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and I put it on my face after I moisturize it, but I haven't seen any dramatic improvements. My foundation does apply a little bit smoother and stays for a little longer than it used to, but it isn't a lasting primer.

I was hoping for better results after I bought it for $32, but I'll try the oil-free one and see if it makes any difference.

on 7/30/2013 2:07:00 PM

I can't remember what version I got of this, so I am entering my review in the general primer by Laura Mercier. The one I got was in a squeeze tube and the product was white... it came out more like a cream/lotion than a gel. I tried this on a few times and I didn't find it did ANYTHING. It didn't make my makeup last longer, go on more smoothly, look better, nothing. This was recommended by a former friend of mine and I have to say...with the price tag it has, i expected much much more from this product. I returned it after a couple tries. Will stick to my Hard Candy sheer envy primer!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I'm looking for a primer for my wedding, and when you mention primer, its either Laura Mercier or Smashbox as top choices. I am not a fan of either. The Laura Mercier regular primer is like a light cream without the moisturizing properties. I did not find it to do anything a primer is supposed to do, like make foundation last longer or make the skin a better canvas for foundation. It just feels like it sank into my skin and disappeared. This is going back.

on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 AM

I bought this product along with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer at Sephora for 52 SGD. At first, I do hope that this product could end my journey of searching a really good primer for my complexion, but I was wrong. It did nothing to my skin. It doesn't make my foundation last. It doesn't make my foundation go smoother. It did nothing. Now I'm kinda regret with my purchase.

on 5/19/2013 4:15:00 AM

Urgh! Not at all a good primer for my skin ( dehydrated/dry), nor did it make any difference whatsoever to the staying power of my foundation. The effect I achieved with this primer? Supremely dull, lackluster skin. It made me look older...which really is NOT something I am aiming for. Granted, one could rectify this "dull skin" effect with a myriad of strategic highlighters and shimmer products...but why would one want to???
I like many of LM's products, but this item surely is an overpriced oddity. I gave it 2 lippies for the container - I find tubes easier and more economical to use than pump dispensers yet just as hygienic.

on 5/17/2013 5:56:00 AM

I bought the full sized version of this product on the recommendation of an SA in Space NK and really wish I hadn't wasted my money on it. My issues were twofold, firstly I found that it seemed to make no difference to the appearance or longevity of my foundation and I tried it with 3 different foundations (2 YSL and 1 Chanel)). Secondly, unfortunately it broke me out horribly with half a dozen or more angry red spots popping up within a couple of days of use, after I stopped using it my skin went back to normal so I'm quite sure this was to blame.

on 5/9/2013 1:15:00 AM

This is my favorite primer. I had a deluxe sample, at at first, I hated it. I thought it made my skin feel tacky and full of residue, but after I let it settle, it eventually felt smooth and flawless. This was a great base to any foundation. I don't know if it helped with longevity, but it really helped with the evenness of my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this primer. This does nothing for your skin at all. And the packaging sucks.
Save your money and time, id rather use no primer than put more layer on my skin that doesnt do any good

on 2/13/2013 5:59:00 PM

I do agree with other reviews that this primer does not significantly increase my foundations longevity and it may not provide the best oil control in the world...however, that is not the reason why i love it. I have very sensitive skin and i have trouble finding makeup that does not cause me to break out. I wore the laura mercier primer during an overnight coach journey to Paris, i had crazily decided to wear makeup :/ and it was well over 18 hours before we got to our hotel and i had a chance to take it all off. Normally if i wore makeup for that long i would have broken out like mad, but no, not one single pimple. I'm not saying that it stop break outs or anything, but i do find, for me, it acts as a great barrier between my skin and my makeup and that is my priority when looking for a primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I should had listened to the overall ratings here!!!
This primier did nothing to my makeup.
My foundation did not hold up any better (in fact worse, cos' my face shines after 4 hours or so!).
I still have my nose shining at me with a layer of sebum in 3 hours.
I had to touch up with powder midday (on days that I am not using this, I hardly had to, unless I want to).
I've used it for 1-2 weeks and it's now sitting on my vanity doing nothing.
So disappointed as I had high hopes for this.