April 18, 2014 | 1665 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by hlzapf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample from sephora. It definitely did not mattify. I just used this on my nose, chin, and area beside my nose. I have been breaking out horribly in these areas and I think the primer must be the culprit, ESP. After reading some other reviews. I do have acne prone skin but I have been getting large pimples in areas I normally would not. I am sorry I tried this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the sample from Sephora and have tried it a few times. It is a lotion consistency but I find that it goes on very sticky and doesn't spread very well over my sunscreen, nor does it help my foundation glide on better. It also makes my skin sting. I very much prefer both the smashbox primer and the hard candy primer over this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received the sample size from sephora - I'm glad I didn't purchase a full tube. It was ok. Nothing to rave about, it did what it was supposed to do but I wouldn't buy again due to price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

Well, I really want to love this product coz I've seen so many good reviews of it. However, I have to say, it is not for my combination skin, especially in summer time. It may help my makeup sit better right after I apply , but soon it becomes oil and all foundation colors start to fade, and eventually I get shiny forehead in about 2 hours. I think it is probably better for dry/very dry skin type and very fair skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by moni66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation primer breaks me out in a horrible way.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by HellloKitty84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this primer breaks me out like nothing else!!!! I have used it twice and now its gone!!! thank god I did not buy it!!!! I got it as a points perk at sephora!!! horrrrrrrible do not try it if you have acne prone skin or even combo normal/oily

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I like that this feels like a lotion and sinks in. It doesn't break me out in pimples (I'm pretty acne prone). Yet, like all primers for me, this doesn't really tend to do what a primer is "supposed" to do. It doesn't make my foundation go on easier, doesn't help hide imperfections, doesn't help combat my oily areas, and doesn't keep my foundation on or last longer through the day. In fact I found that with this primer my oily areas were worse on the days that I used this primer. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you want a placebo effect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The lady at Saks 5th Ave gave me a free sample of this because I went in to buy the Tinted Moisturizer and I refused to buy the primer she was trying to sell me. Ironically enough, I wanted to buy the mineral powder to put on top of my TM, but she said I didn't need that. OH well, her loss on a sale because I waltzed right over to Sephora and bought what I really wanted. :)

So back to the primer, I have normal/dry skin. I am biased because I don't get the point of primer. I always put a moisturizer on my face as soon as I step out of the shower before any make up. So, I don't get the point of putting a primer on over top of a moisturizer and then putting on a TM. Maybe this will come in handy in the winter when I use a full coverage foundation.

I didn't notice that this did anything at all. I still don't see the point of a primer and frankly, I feel like it is a waste of time to bother with it. It didn't break me out though, so that is cool. I mean I don't really have anything bad to say about it because I didn't pay for it, but had I actually spent money on it, I'd be peeved.

If it works for you, cool, but I won't waste time or money on it. I think I'm going to give mine to a friend who likes primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This would regularly be out of my price range, but I managed to pick up the 1 oz tube for a very cheap price. I don't like the packaging because a lot of product gets out and the top gets icky, and I didn't find that this product made my foundation go on any smoother or last any longer. The worst part about this is that it gives me a zit every time I wear it. The last time I applied it onto my chin and a small portion of my cheeks, I awoke the next morning to four pimples on the former region.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkeyey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this a few years ago when I was browsing for primer. I have some dry and oily spots on my face, so makeup looks flaky on me. tthis primer doesn't do a great job in blending the two. In fact, I don't really notice much of a difference. The oily parts are still oily, and the dry parts are still dry.
The primer is milky white, but it applies clear. it's suppose to be unscented, but it smells a little bit like plastic to me (but nothing over powering). After applying a thin layer, my skin feels a little tight (kinda like when a face mask dries). But then, when I put my makeup on over it, I actually think it's worst than if I just had moisturiser on. This is not a good product for me.
For this price, I would chose another product. I also have the tinted moisturizer, which I like a little better.