Creative Nail Design Super Shiney High Gloss Top Coat

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Aqua (Water) (Eau), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 12/31/2006 1:20:00 PM

If this does what I think it MIGHT do, I would repurchase.

I agree with Randi below. It shines nicely but it does take forever to dry. After about 2.5 hours, I got a fingerprint on one of my nails, and two dings on two other nails. This would have NEVER happened with Seche Vite, my current HG. Guess what else makes this just ridiculous? I used not one but TWO quick drying products! I used Essie Quick E and OPI RapiDry! I could not be more pissed about the drying time, the reduction of which has saved about every manicure I've done this year. I can't spend an hour drying like some moron. Grr.

Also, no one has noticed this so I'll be the first to point out--that although it it shiny, it's NOT thick and glossy over glitter polish. I have this now over China Glaze Eyes Like Sapphires... a polish with lightly imbedded small glitter... and you can feel the roughness AND you can see little salt-like glitter crust on the nine nails with Super Shiney. On the ONE nail with Seche Vite, the nail is soooo much more smooth, glossy and shiny.

I suspect, but do not have evidence, that this topcoat would do best over thinly painted and dried top coats and cream or shimmer (not glitter) polishes. I probably should have used this rather than Seche Vite over my gloppy red cream Chanel Pulsar manicure... because it is thinner and as we all know, Seche Vite is a really thick coating whereas this is way flatter and closer to the color.

If I am right, then I do believe this topcoat will be salvaged. I may have to experiement with this. But really if I don't feel like it since I already have one HG in my Seche Vite, then I would change this rebuy rating to a no. I have to be honest, there is shine on the nine nails but the salty crunchy glitter texture is a definite negative. continued >>

on 10/7/2006 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased that at Douglas a few months ago, looking for something to extend my pedicure and give it shine. I LOVE this product! It does give super shine. It does take a while to dry, but it´s worth it. The color you are putting this over MUST be totally dry, otherwise you´ll have a mess.( Mentioned in other reviews) I recently put this over two coats of Black Satin and three weeks later my pedicure looks new! I use two coats of this, but put the second coat on a couple of days after the first, sometimes even a week later. This is expensive,but worth every cent. I will bus this again and again.

on 3/28/2006 9:32:00 PM

The best top coat I have ever tried. As the name says it is super shiney! And thats really important cause who wants a dull looking mani or pedi! Doesn't take too long to dry and helps keep polish looking fresh.

on 3/23/2006 11:37:00 PM

Wow, what a great top coat! I bought it based on the reviews here and I'm glad I did, thanks MUA'rs!! High gloss, dries fast, and I've banged my perfectly polished tips a few times and having this top coat on has helped me avoid a few big dent diasaters! Very nice, I'll definately keep using.

on 2/28/2006 12:15:00 PM

This topcoat is just okay for me. It does have a great glossy finish, but takes hours to dry. I went to bed maybe 2 or 3 hours after a manicure and the next morning I had sheet marks all over my nails! The only reason I like this is for the shine. When I use it, I put a topcoat of Seche Vite over top to really harden it well. I probably would never repurchase this. It just doesn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!?????? i LOVE this topcoat, my new hg! i searched for years in the past trying to find a "super shiney" and longlasting top coat. this stuff makes any nailcolor POP. plus it evens out mistakes i made (like i banged my new red polished toe, and my index finger, and both look brand new now with this). will always repurchase! =)

ASKED WHAT JILL BAUER USES ON QVC, SHE USES THIS - HER NAILS ARE SUPER SHINY!!!!!!! I RAN OUT AND BOUGHT IT!

SIMPLY THE BEST TOPCOAT - E V E R. SUPER SHINY, LASTS ALL WEEK LONG AND I'M A CHIPPER......TRIED EVERY TOP COAT OUT THERE - WILL NEVER SWITCH FROM THIS - IT'S AMAZING!

on 5/9/2005 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Bought this online on a whim being disappointed in Poshe and OPI top coat. This however did not disappoint!It is super shiney and it does not peel off like Poshe does.It's very long lasting. A winner!

on 4/2/2005 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Fantastic! This is the only top coat I use, and I swear that it lengthens my wear by at lest 5 days, if not more. I use it on my toe nails, and they hardly ever chip....and as the name says, they are "super shiney!" Will always purchase again.

on 2/9/2005 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A quick-drying, shiney and long-lasting top-coat.

Superior to most brands (save for Seche Vite which is my personal, HG).

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products