Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow - Sunbaked Neutrals

4.3

Talc, Mineral Oil, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Carbonate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Kaolin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Mica, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake

on 11/24/2010 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This palette is def great esp if you love earthy tones or looking for something that can be versatile year round and i def can get use out of this!!
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The Maybelline ExpertEyes Palettes can be found in most drugstores like RiteAid, CVS, Walgreens as well as mass stores like Walmart, Target & Kmart. The price & availability will vary slightly depending on your location as well as sales/discounts but i have seen the palette around $5-7. I purchased mine at walmart for $6.59 which is pretty fair for 8 shadows.
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
The Sunbaked Neutrals palette is a great group of earth tones like greens, browns and bronzes. There is 8 shadows that all can be worn together or paired w/ your others shadows. The shadows are pressed well w/ a little excess powder when you tap brush into them but they apply easily and blend nicely. The palette shadows are like the maybelline quads or single shadows so if you enjoy those, you will enjoy this palette. I kept eyeing this up but kept thinking i didnt need it since i had a few maybelline quads that were similiar to these (if you look closely there is a mini Chai Latte Quad in here too) but im glad i got this since its 8shadows that i will def use since im more of a neutral shadow wearer but the greens are a great little pop of color to add to the looks. Its a great way to venture away from just browns. I love all the shadows. These wear well as well. I dont have oily lids so id suggests priming your eyes (which i suggests to do w/ most drugstore shadows) this will help the shadows wear longer as well as make the shadows be a tad more pigmented. These wear for over 7 hours before i see any fading which is great- i love to wear a cream base w/ these shadows bc depending on what color of base you use, you can pick up different undertones to each shadow. This palette gives you plenty of options for day and can be darkened w/ the browns to make a nite time smoky look. You may need a darker color if you want something more dramatic. There is different finishes to the shadows. There is metallics, satin and i think two matte shadows which is great bc it adds dimension and depth to the look. Its nice to have a matte in there so it doesnt look too much. There is a nice satin white shadow that can be used to highlight and midtones for the lid as well as darker shadows to define the crease & outer v area! I def like these shadows.
~~PACKAGING~~
The Maybelline "Sunbaked Neutrals" palette comes in the standard hard plastic compact. The backing has a sticker w/ labeling info/shade name etc. The lid that snaps open & shut is see through allowing you to see what colors are inside (nice if you have both of the palettes from maybelline bc you can see which one is which) The Maybelline logo is on lid in metallic writing and a sticker w/ palette name is located on the bottom connecting the lid. The palette is sturdy but i think w/ really rough handling it may crack so dont slam it around. This compact is small enough to carry w/ you which is great for vacation. There is two rows of four shadows & each shadow pan is rather small, littlier than a dime but i think its a good amount of each shadow bc really, i have so many shadows i rarely ever get through any of mine. I havent hit pan on any of these so they are def great!
Overall, i really have enjoyed this palette. It has really gorgeous colors that i can def pull off and wear year round and daily! i love them all! i love that drugstore companies are finally giving us more than shimmery shadows! Id recommend to anyone looking for a good palette to take w/ you on vacation instead of carrying around 8 different shadow, they are all right there at your convenience. I love em all! i wont be repurchasing bc Maybelline tests on our poor innocent creatures, sadly!

on 11/24/2010 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this palette because I was looking for really frosted eye shadows. I was disappointed by this though. It's really easy to end up with glitter around your under eye area, so you have to be careful. Although this product was really pigmented, and I really liked one of the shades(it was the 2nd on from the right.) I won't be buying this palette again.

on 11/2/2010 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This palette caught my eye at Walmart, and since I love neutral shadows, I decided to try it. The pigmentation of the colors are okay, they are a bit chalky so you'll need a lot more to blend. It's good, you get what you pay for. It is a drugstore brand, so you can't really expect too much from it. On the brighter side, the color combinations are endless. It's also a plus that the palette is very compact and small, it will not take too much space in your make-up kit or bag.

on 11/1/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my every day makeup. I have had this for a long time and always go back to it. The color pigmentation is great. I would buy again.

on 8/11/2010 2:07:00 PM

Everyone should own this! The pigmentation is amazing and the shadows are smooth and easy to blend. I take this on every trip and overnighter I go on. 8 awesome shades for $6 bucks? Yes please! This is one of the few nice drugstore eyeshadows!

***I was not aware this was reformulated till I read the review below, I wish Maybelline reformulated all their eyeshadows!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a review for the reformulated version of these shadows. They are all soft and pigmented. I bought this palatte because the light brown shade is a dupe for MAC's Wedge, and the lightest matte color is a dupe for Phloof! The packaging is flimsy but besides that, it's a good palatte to have

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this when it was 15% off at Target and I brought only this and a mascara with me on a trip to North Carolina and didn't feel like I was lacking makeup at all. The dark green and dark brown can be used as eyeliners and there are a couple of perfect highlighting shades, crease shade, all-over-lid shades. I can create tons of looks with this pallete and the different finishes and great pigmentation are worth way more than I paid for, but that's nothing to complain about! I will definitely be repurchasing this when I'm done useing the last particle of it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i got this as a birthday gift. and yes, it takes a lot of layers for it to show up on my skin. im pretty asian goldeny. but don't waste how ever much it costs on this. not good at all. im glad i didn't buy it and waste my money on it.

I bought this palette for its versatility--there is a variety of browns--some matte, some with shimmery golden tones, and some good for highlighting (though the highlighting ones are good for complementing any color)--and there is the one green duo I like to experiment with. I really like the selection here, even though the lightest brown (it looks like a very light latté and the light green take a while to pat on, but they all stay on pretty nicely.

I found that while at CVS I had to rake through a bunch of other products (same one) to find a decent version of this eyeshadow because for some of the others, the eyeshadow crumbled off in some parts while it was still in the packaging, so I'm a little suspicious. I'm trying to be delicate with it.

I think I will buy this again. I would provide a picture or a link to go to, but the photos on the Maybelline site as well other sites have some different colors (maybe I have some sort of newer, updated version?).

on 2/13/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked some of the colors on this but some of them were kinda blahhh and didn't really show~ But then when you wet it, the colors are amazing~ :)