July 31, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Eye Shadow - Sunbaked Neutrals

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jeannab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my every day makeup. I have had this for a long time and always go back to it. The color pigmentation is great. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by miamisparkle

Everyone should own this! The pigmentation is amazing and the shadows are smooth and easy to blend. I take this on every trip and overnighter I go on. 8 awesome shades for $6 bucks? Yes please! This is one of the few nice drugstore eyeshadows!

***I was not aware this was reformulated till I read the review below, I wish Maybelline reformulated all their eyeshadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the reformulated version of these shadows. They are all soft and pigmented. I bought this palatte because the light brown shade is a dupe for MAC's Wedge, and the lightest matte color is a dupe for Phloof! The packaging is flimsy but besides that, it's a good palatte to have

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by vhsbeadergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this when it was 15% off at Target and I brought only this and a mascara with me on a trip to North Carolina and didn't feel like I was lacking makeup at all. The dark green and dark brown can be used as eyeliners and there are a couple of perfect highlighting shades, crease shade, all-over-lid shades. I can create tons of looks with this pallete and the different finishes and great pigmentation are worth way more than I paid for, but that's nothing to complain about! I will definitely be repurchasing this when I'm done useing the last particle of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ShirlynnFusion

i got this as a birthday gift. and yes, it takes a lot of layers for it to show up on my skin. im pretty asian goldeny. but don't waste how ever much it costs on this. not good at all. im glad i didn't buy it and waste my money on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by gochristinemon

I bought this palette for its versatility--there is a variety of browns--some matte, some with shimmery golden tones, and some good for highlighting (though the highlighting ones are good for complementing any color)--and there is the one green duo I like to experiment with. I really like the selection here, even though the lightest brown (it looks like a very light latté and the light green take a while to pat on, but they all stay on pretty nicely.

I found that while at CVS I had to rake through a bunch of other products (same one) to find a decent version of this eyeshadow because for some of the others, the eyeshadow crumbled off in some parts while it was still in the packaging, so I'm a little suspicious. I'm trying to be delicate with it.

I think I will buy this again. I would provide a picture or a link to go to, but the photos on the Maybelline site as well other sites have some different colors (maybe I have some sort of newer, updated version?).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ac67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked some of the colors on this but some of them were kinda blahhh and didn't really show~ But then when you wet it, the colors are amazing~ :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by kikay_carrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find that the matte colors on this palette were better than the frosted ones. I bought this coz I had left all my eyeshadow at home when I went on a vacation. Basically, no matter how much I put on, I can barely see any of the color...and the frosted one runs to my lower lid too.

I guess this would do for emergency situations...But to actually make this part of your daily make up kit...I don't think so...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For reference, I am NW20, with medium brown hair and hazel eyes.

Maybelline has recently re-formulated their shadows and the result is worlds better than their previous one. When I swatched these on my hand I was stunned by how pigmented they are, really, they're gorgeous. So just look for the sticker that says NEW FORMULA and you'll be fine.

Along with the new formula, the colors have been changed a bit from the original version of this palette. I've added a picture to the review. There aren't individual names, so I'll describe them:
- light brown, shimmer finish
- chocolate brown, shimmer finish
- medium brown, matte finish
- coppery brown, frost finish
- bronzey-gold, frost finish (BEAUTIFUL)
- ivory, shimmer finish
- pale green, frost finish - this is very similar to MAC Juxt, but actually when I swatched them next to each other this is more green, whereas Juxt seems more yellow than I'd originally thought
- khaki green, frost finish

This is honestly the best palette of neutrals I've ever seen. I wanted something to throw in my purse makeup bag that I can use for several different looks, and with eight shadows the possibilities are pretty much endless. They wear extremely well (I always wear a base so I can't testify as to how they'd do without one) and as I said before, they're veryyyy pigmented, almost up to scratch with MAC, actually. I bought it for $8.29 at Walgreens, but you could probably find it for cheaper other places.

continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

This product didn't work for me either. The color does not show up on my lids no matter how many layers i put on. The texture was very bad too.