Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder

2.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It's a bad sign when someone like me—who is all about using beauty products until the very last drop because I hate letting things go to waste—has only used this powder for a week and is already wanting to throw it away.

PROS:
The packaging is pretty. Yep, that's about it.

CONS:
- No matter how little you apply, whether you use the (terrible quality) foam applicator included in the powder or a powder brush, it comes off looking horribly cakey.
- Personally, I found that my face would be shiny after less than an hour of applying
- You can barely tell you're wearing it... in a bad way

Not a smart choice, girls. Stay away!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh boy...where do I begin? Chalky, flaky, rough and just plain ugly. I was bought by the idea of this powder actually "clearing" my skin. Boy, was I wrong. I stopped wearing it for TWO DAYS and my acne went away. When I started using this powder again, all of it came back. Also, it gets off just a tad bit of shine (if applied correctly) and it covers up NOTHING! Of course, being the stupid teenager that I am, I always applied too much and ended up looking like a corpse. This, as another user said, clings to every single one of my little tiny hairs, and gives the apperance of very very dry skin. Plus, for $12, I am NEVER buying this again!!!

I think this is the kind of product where u either love it or hate it. i personally love it.
ive tried dozens of pressed powders. cover girl ones broke me out, physicians formula waaaay to heavy (and this was the mineral version), the maybelline ones were either too powdery or broke me out, etc etc.
this is the only one that doesnt cause me to break out, helps when i do, controls oil very well, and its really light in texture, not obvious on me at all.
it is a bit expensive but i wait for a bogo free sale so i can get one of their lipbalms (which i love!) or something.
normally i moisturize, and maybe some concealer depending on my skin, then apply this on with a brush which i really think makes the coverage just perfect. then i apply the rest of my makeup.
hope this helped

I do not know if I benefited from the skin clearing "treatment" of this product or not. I could not get over the fact that it just caked on. I looked in the mirror in horrow and quickly washed it off. Will not repurchase. Looks cakey and builds up.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

skin clearing? heavens no! it broke me out after 4 hours! too bad, i actually like how it felt when i applied it on my skin and it did control the shine (my face gets oily only after 30 minutes of washing) but for its name, this product is failure! i decided to give it chance and applied it below my cheeks. it still broke me out! i regret having spent my money on it.

Oh dear... I agree, this is not good. I think I was seduced by the idea of 'skin-clearing' makeup, hastily ignoring what I already knew; that it would be cheap stuff which didn't work. And so it was, unfortunately. At first I tried to convince myself it was okay as a blotting powder, but honestly, nope, it made me look like a ghost. It also sinks into pores and makes them look HUGE. I have Fair 01... which considering I am a fair girl who usually buys fair shade products, would seem like the obvious choice, but I'd say if for some reason you are considering buying this powder, then go for a shade darker than you would normally.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Horrible. Horrible... HORRIBLE. Never ever EVER again will I buy any cosmetics from Neutrogena. I am disappointed each and every time. This looks like crappy chalk on the skin and like someone else said, it made me look like I had a beard because it accentuated all my facial hair!!! It did nothing to combat acne, in fact, it was the culprit of causing a mass irritation breakout on my cheek that I'm still battling a week or two later. Don't bother with this at all - it belongs in the bottom of the trash can!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great product! I love it, mostly because its skin clearing (Has salacylic acid in it) and it totally evens out my skin tone. About oil control...Hmmm...Well I think my skin is definitely more oily than everyone Ive ever met, so maybe Im not the person to ask..But it does help for the first hour/ish..I put Jurlique Silk Dust on top of it, and that works great.
Anyway totally love this stuff, I use it every morning.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

aftr reading this, i didnt wanna buy it, but it was on sale for like $5 so i was like wat th hay. i dont think this is all that bad. yea, th sponge thing is a piece of crap, but i put it on w/ a brush. my face has actually gottn bettr since using this. i hate that thers only 3 shades x_x. but i use th lightest one and put like bronzer on it cuz th other ones r too dark.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, this powder sucks. At first, I seemed to like it, but then I realized how chalky and drying this product made my skin look and feel. I've stopped using it and wished that I kept the box so that I could return it. Terrible, terrible powder. Cheap and rough all around.Price is too expensive for such a bad product.

Recommended for Normal Skin