October 30, 2014 | 1475 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Skin Clearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

I do not know if I benefited from the skin clearing "treatment" of this product or not. I could not get over the fact that it just caked on. I looked in the mirror in horrow and quickly washed it off. Will not repurchase. Looks cakey and builds up.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by viannee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

skin clearing? heavens no! it broke me out after 4 hours! too bad, i actually like how it felt when i applied it on my skin and it did control the shine (my face gets oily only after 30 minutes of washing) but for its name, this product is failure! i decided to give it chance and applied it below my cheeks. it still broke me out! i regret having spent my money on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by benefitjunkie

Oh dear... I agree, this is not good. I think I was seduced by the idea of 'skin-clearing' makeup, hastily ignoring what I already knew; that it would be cheap stuff which didn't work. And so it was, unfortunately. At first I tried to convince myself it was okay as a blotting powder, but honestly, nope, it made me look like a ghost. It also sinks into pores and makes them look HUGE. I have Fair 01... which considering I am a fair girl who usually buys fair shade products, would seem like the obvious choice, but I'd say if for some reason you are considering buying this powder, then go for a shade darker than you would normally.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible. Horrible... HORRIBLE. Never ever EVER again will I buy any cosmetics from Neutrogena. I am disappointed each and every time. This looks like crappy chalk on the skin and like someone else said, it made me look like I had a beard because it accentuated all my facial hair!!! It did nothing to combat acne, in fact, it was the culprit of causing a mass irritation breakout on my cheek that I'm still battling a week or two later. Don't bother with this at all - it belongs in the bottom of the trash can!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by xolovexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product! I love it, mostly because its skin clearing (Has salacylic acid in it) and it totally evens out my skin tone. About oil control...Hmmm...Well I think my skin is definitely more oily than everyone Ive ever met, so maybe Im not the person to ask..But it does help for the first hour/ish..I put Jurlique Silk Dust on top of it, and that works great.
Anyway totally love this stuff, I use it every morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2006 9:48:00 AM More reviews by azn_munky0209

aftr reading this, i didnt wanna buy it, but it was on sale for like $5 so i was like wat th hay. i dont think this is all that bad. yea, th sponge thing is a piece of crap, but i put it on w/ a brush. my face has actually gottn bettr since using this. i hate that thers only 3 shades x_x. but i use th lightest one and put like bronzer on it cuz th other ones r too dark.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by CancerianPrincess

Okay, this powder sucks. At first, I seemed to like it, but then I realized how chalky and drying this product made my skin look and feel. I've stopped using it and wished that I kept the box so that I could return it. Terrible, terrible powder. Cheap and rough all around.Price is too expensive for such a bad product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I wanted to have a touch-up powder with some sort of acne-fighting ingredient in it and

got this because Neutrogena stuff was on sale. This is not a very nice powder. It tends

to cake-up and make skin look overly matte and unnatural, even when lightly applied

with a fluffy powder brush. Dry or flaky spots are very much accentuated, even enlarged

pores look somehow highlighted. Ew. It also doesn't last very long and has to be

reapplied after about an hour or so (I have combination/oily skin). The "sponge" they

give you to apply the powder is absolute garbage and something you'd normally find in a

dollar store compact. Plus, this is rather pricey and the color selection (there's

about three colors) leaves something to be desired, though the lightest shade seems to

be working for me. The packaging is much nicer than the Almay version of this product,

which is about the only positive thing I have to say about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2006 3:06:00 PM More reviews by flynn9090

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot say worse things this product. It is horrible and grainy. I returned it to CVS the same day I purchased it. I purchased it in the medium shade and it was too light, which is odd b/c my skin tone is medium or nude biege. Their color selection is very limited. After I put it on, I looked like death. It washed me out and made me look pale. In theory, medicated pressed powder is a nice idea, but Neutrogena got the formula all wrong. It does not blend at all. The powder just sat on my face and emphasized my pores. Also, it made my face look super hairy! I swear, I looked like I had a beard. It clings to every little hair. I know that I have typical feminine peach fuzz, but damn, this stuff made me look like Santa. Avoid this product. I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by solipsist22

I am surprised to see so many poor ratings for this powder! I really love it. I have very oily skin and I use this to mattify.. and it works well for me. I don't use the applicator puff/pad it comes with though.. I use a fresh cotton round/pad (swissper pad) every time I use it..to avoid spreading bacteria. I have very fair skin with red undertones and I use the "light 02" shade. I'm really happy with this product. Maybe if you already own it and you don;t like it, try applying it differently and see if it works better for you.