September 17, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Soul Owner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foot cream. I've never really gotten excited about a foot cream before - I got a one oz. tube in the Birthday Girl set and I liked it so much, I went out and bought the big tube, which is fairly reasonably priced. The cream itself is rich and thick, but it's not oily, and it sinks in easily and you don't have to use that much. It's great to use it at night, then when you shower or bathe in the a.m., all of the old, dry and dead skin, calluses, etc., is so much easier to slough off with a pumice stone. Also, the tone and texture of my skin looks healthier, smoother, younger. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by tee94015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this jar of footcream as part of a holiday gift set. Initially, I really like this cream. It felt really nourishing. Contrary to most of the reviewers, I liked the peppermint smell. It was kind of invigorating. I even started using it on my hands before going to bed at night. Then when I started to pay closer attention to the effects of the product, it seemed like it wasn't really sinking in, or absorbing. I happened to wash my hands one night after putting the product on and it was kind of like a film OVER my hands and my fingers were like prunes. L'Occitane makes much better stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by gchris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to put lotion on my feet every night but it never helped my heels from looking dry and ugly. This cream makes my heels look great, not covered with dead skin. Its a lot less trouble than a pumice stone. I apply it usually it night before bed but sometimes in the afternoon too if my feet have had a hard day. Smell does not bother me and it does not last very long. Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 4:58:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I received Soul Owner as part of the "Birthday Girl" gift set, and so far, I really like it. My feet aren't usually dry, cracked, or chapped, but lately, for some reason, they were feeling very rough and the bottoms of my feet were peeling (ewww, gross, I know). Anyway, for a couple nights, after washing my feet, I applied Soul Owner to the tops and bottoms of my feet, and in between my toes, put on some cotton socks, and went to bed. In the morning, my feet were super soft! I didn't notice any peeling (like other reviewers), but I did notice the softness. Soul Owner does smell eucalyptusy and mediciney, but when you put socks on, the smell's not that noticeable. Overall, not too shabby; I might repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by jmuemos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My heels are constantly cracked and really dry. I've been testing out a lot of foot lotions and I like this one. Previous reviews are right in saying that the smell is not that good. It's a little pungent. But I think the cream does a great job. If you put this on at night in the morning you can use a pumice and a lot of dead skin comes off, leaving your feet soft. I think for the price it's a good deal as well. I love DDF Pedicure Cream as well (and I love the smell) but it's a lot more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ShelliM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unlike many other reviewers, I really LIKE the fact that Soul Owner isn't a super-greasy salve-like goop. I also love the exfoliation; I live in Colorado and have developed the gruesome hardened feet of the chronically dry climate. This is the first and only foot treatment that has prevented my soles from getting deep (and painful!) cracks during the winter months. As for the smell -- I have a very sensitive nose and a general aversion to strong perfumes in skincare products, but this one doesn't bother me at all. I think it's just a matter of taste.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very average cream with a very pungent, offensive scent. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing--it just felt like a thick cream on top of the skin. It claims to have salicylic and glycolic acid to smooth the feet. To be honest, I tossed my tube because there was no way I could tolerate that fragrance. It is a very strong eucalyptus scent blended with a medicinal scent. There are many alternatives that work better and have a light, clean scent. It sells for $14. for 3.3 ounces.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by arleen4226

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I THINK THIS IS THE BEST FOOT CREAM AROUND.I USE IT BEFORE BED AND WHEN I TAKE A SHOWER IN THE MORNING THE DEAD SKIN PEELS OFF MY FEET.I USE A PEDI STONE BUT IT FALLS OFF VERY EASY.I NEVER GET PEDICURES BECAUSE I DONT NEED THEM WITH THIS CREAM.I SAVE A FORTUNE.IT IS WORTH EVEY PENNY AND SOME.THE SMEEL IS GRAT AND THE SAYING ON THE PACKAGE IS ALSO..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by topazius

I had high hopes for this product but it's pretty useless. It just doesn't sink in. After an hour, my feet felt dry again. I thought some exfoliation would be good but I didn't get any of that either, not even why I appled socks afterwards and went to bed. Much better are the shea butter foot cream from BBW or Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream - much cheaper too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 11:42:00 AM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works well in combination with urea based products to remove dead skin around my heels - makes my feet real smooth afterward.