December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up a travel size jar of this at Walmart for $1.47 and I am glad I did. I really love the new flip top lids, they are very convenient. I still remember the old school containers, so this is much better and more attractive. I have been using these on my lips at night right before bed and it has worked wonderfully. I actually got the idea from reading someone's review on here (can't remember the person's name) where they said they used it on their lips at night. It stays for the most part till the morning, kind of depending on how much I apply, but then again I am a wild sleeper and I could be wiping if off on my pillow and not realizing it. But anyway, if I put on a little extra it stays longer. I wipe it off after brushing my teeth with a warm, wet cloth and my lips feel as soft as cotton and as smooth as butter. I love it! I'm glad I finally decided to buy this after I had sort of been stalking it in the bins for a while. I don't use it everynight, but usually every other night because I use a balm on other nights and I am not sure how harmful vaseline can be using it consistently every night. but still it's a great product for the lips, which is the only thing I use if for right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by JV08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only product that ever works on my lips to keep them from chapping. I've experimented with every trend/brand/you name it, and always come back to Vaseline. I am an avid runner, and swear by it for any sort of facial or lip chapping.

My only advice- if you live somewhere warm, make sure not to leave it in your car on a summer day. You WILL have a slimy mess that's impossible to clean!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the new lids, much more convenient. I use vaseline on my lips and feet at night and it makes them both super soft. Vaseline on my lips is more moisturizing than anything else I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by smohamed04

I use vaseline on my face during the winter. When the weather is extremely cold (as it gets in Canada) I get redness on my face that doesn't seem to go away.

I started using Vaseline on the redness at nighttime and it's the only thing that works for me to get rid of it!

Try it, it works!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really never use Vaseline, but I always have it in my house. It has no moisturizing properties, and is used purely as a humectant. I guess it is good for giving glossy lid looks. Nothing spectacular.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by magujuniperb

LOVE vaseline! This and cocoa butter are the only things that make my lips soft and visibly healthier after consistent use. A little goes a long way, and I use a thin coat on my lips at night, and it works wonders. Believe it or not, using this on my eyelashes has also made them noticeable! A month after putting a thin layer on lashes, people around me noticed they were longer (mascara actually looks nice now). I hold this in high regard, especially since it comes cheap. Works great as a makeup remover too.

The only thing I would caution against is using this on skin as a regular moisturizer. It's much too thick for that, and will clog your pores. Use it sparingly as a mask at night, maybe, but nothing more. Vitamin E oil or cocoa butter would be a much better option for skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Bunniesoftheworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff gave me the worst rash ever around my lips.

Kinda makes sense if you remember it's made of gasoline.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mnowlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this on my lips every night. I keep a tub on my nightstand and one on my desk. Not convenient packaging to carry with me throughout the day, but I'm fine with that. I was worried it might break me out around my lips but I haven't had any issues with that and I've been using this stuff for almost a year. And it's so cheap! One of the smallest tubs will last you a lifetime!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing stuff, theres so many uses. I use it on my lips and it makes them really soft. It also binds split ends back together ! and its a fantastic moisturizer! its also dirt cheap !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by BadBlood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You really can't go wrong with good ol' Vaseline. I mostly use it on my lips now but I sometimes use it on dry patches of skin, or sometimes I use it to remove eye makeup. I remember when I was a kid and I got a sunburn on my face. Anything that touched my face hurt, but I was able to smear Vaseline all over and it really did help a lot.