Vaseline Vaseline

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use Vaseline on my lips at night. It helps them to stay moisturized. Sometimes I also wear it ontop of lipstick, particuarly if it is a matte lipstick, as it adds a bit of shine. Not a fan of the standard packaging, nor the pot form. It'd be great if Vaseline could develop a tube applicator, as the finger method is quite unhygenic if you are not near a bathroom where you can wash your hands. I wouldn't say Vaseline lasts very long on your lips, but it will keep them moisturized! Enjoy, beautyqueens!

on 4/9/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I hate this stuff as a lip balm. I bought it after reading a lot of rave reviews and was very disappointed.
It has a really unpleasant texture - greasy and not as thick as most lip balms I've tried. It didn't seem to stay where I put it and ended up over my lip line. It didn't last very long and I don't think it did my lips any good at all.

It does work well as an overnight foot treatment though - cover your feet in Vaseline and put on a pair of socks before bed for soft feet the next day.

on 3/27/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have full lips, which you'd think would be a good thing, but almost every lipstick or lip gloss I've used makes my mouth look spectacularly disproportionate to the rest of my features. Vaseline is pretty much my lifesaver - it moisturizes and adds a little colour without making me look silly.

on 3/12/2012 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a 3.75 oz jar of Vaseline over two years ago, and still have SO much left. It's amazing for my lips! I'll swipe some on throughout the day and a little bit at night (I don't like too much products on my lips when I sleep). I also use this as a lip primer before I wear lip stains, lipsticks, etc. I also use this OVER them. Actually, can someone tell me if that's a bad idea? I hear Vaseline is good for removing makeup... so would it cause my lip color to come off faster? Anyway, I love this. :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I picked up a travel size jar of this at Walmart for $1.47 and I am glad I did. I really love the new flip top lids, they are very convenient. I still remember the old school containers, so this is much better and more attractive. I have been using these on my lips at night right before bed and it has worked wonderfully. I actually got the idea from reading someone's review on here (can't remember the person's name) where they said they used it on their lips at night. It stays for the most part till the morning, kind of depending on how much I apply, but then again I am a wild sleeper and I could be wiping if off on my pillow and not realizing it. But anyway, if I put on a little extra it stays longer. I wipe it off after brushing my teeth with a warm, wet cloth and my lips feel as soft as cotton and as smooth as butter. I love it! I'm glad I finally decided to buy this after I had sort of been stalking it in the bins for a while. I don't use it everynight, but usually every other night because I use a balm on other nights and I am not sure how harmful vaseline can be using it consistently every night. but still it's a great product for the lips, which is the only thing I use if for right now.

on 1/20/2012 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only product that ever works on my lips to keep them from chapping. I've experimented with every trend/brand/you name it, and always come back to Vaseline. I am an avid runner, and swear by it for any sort of facial or lip chapping.

My only advice- if you live somewhere warm, make sure not to leave it in your car on a summer day. You WILL have a slimy mess that's impossible to clean!

on 12/24/2011 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the new lids, much more convenient. I use vaseline on my lips and feet at night and it makes them both super soft. Vaseline on my lips is more moisturizing than anything else I have tried.

on 12/4/2011 9:44:00 PM

I use vaseline on my face during the winter. When the weather is extremely cold (as it gets in Canada) I get redness on my face that doesn't seem to go away.

I started using Vaseline on the redness at nighttime and it's the only thing that works for me to get rid of it!

Try it, it works!!!

on 11/22/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really never use Vaseline, but I always have it in my house. It has no moisturizing properties, and is used purely as a humectant. I guess it is good for giving glossy lid looks. Nothing spectacular.

on 11/22/2011 9:35:00 PM

LOVE vaseline! This and cocoa butter are the only things that make my lips soft and visibly healthier after consistent use. A little goes a long way, and I use a thin coat on my lips at night, and it works wonders. Believe it or not, using this on my eyelashes has also made them noticeable! A month after putting a thin layer on lashes, people around me noticed they were longer (mascara actually looks nice now). I hold this in high regard, especially since it comes cheap. Works great as a makeup remover too.

The only thing I would caution against is using this on skin as a regular moisturizer. It's much too thick for that, and will clog your pores. Use it sparingly as a mask at night, maybe, but nothing more. Vitamin E oil or cocoa butter would be a much better option for skin.