Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich biotin shampoo

3.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract (1), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride,Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcool (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 9/8/2008 1:37:00 AM

Does not lather a lot, so you need to wash your hair twice. Used this with Matrix Biolage X-tra Balm Conditioner and my hair felt clean, soft and shiney. I have thicker hair with blonde highlights and this did not damage my color. Also did not leave a residue. UPDATE: After 2 days, hair is greasy and starting to fall out, not good results considering this shampoo is supposed to strengthen hair. Avalon Organics was much superior to this!

on 8/19/2008 8:57:00 PM

I'm not too impressed with this shampoo to be honest. It smells weird, and contains silicones (granted, they are really low down on the list but it still seems odd to have them in a natural, (and what I thought was getting) silicone free shampoo. It has an odd minty, herbal smell -- this shampoo does contain menthol as the second to last ingredient but you can definitely smell it.

I will use this shampoo up, but I won't be repurchasing. Too bad, because it is paraben free, they don't test on animals and contains a lot of wonderful ingredients.

I'm really surprised that more people didn't like this shampoo. It's extremely popular on Vitacost, which is where I got it for $3.99. This is the only shampoo I've ever used that actually made a difference in my hair. After a couple of weeks of using, I noticed that my hair is visibly thicker and healthier looking. Plus it has a nice clean smell, nothing over-powering or fake-smelling about it. I love this stuff and can't wait to try it with the matching conditioner.

Not a bad shampoo, but it never got my hair super clean. I don't except my hair to be dry and squeaky after I wash it, but I expect it to be cleaner than this got it--and I always washed twice in a row like the instructions said.

It did keep my color nice, thought, and I think it helped strengthen my hair.

on 3/22/2008 11:29:00 PM

I feel bad for thinking that this isn't a good shampoo/conditioner set, because it's cruelty-free. I think that's great, but I definitely don't like how it makes my hair feel--despite the fact that biotin is good for hair, it made my hair feel strangely knotted, not silky at all. it almost felt like I wasted a hair-washing, since I can't wash my hair often or it will be stripped of natural oils. At the same time, I used to use it and it didn't give me trouble back then...I think....

on 11/4/2007 9:07:00 AM

I wanted to like it. I could overlook the weird smell if it was a great product. It is just okay. You will need a super fantastic conditioner afterward. I would probably mark lower but I gave credit for being cruelty free. I won't repurchase.

on 10/14/2007 11:41:00 AM

I can't say I was a fan of this shampoo and conditioner. It has minty sort of smell, which wasn't bad but definitely not my favorite hair care scent. It made my fine hair very limp and dull. I didn't even make halfway through a bottle before I gave up on it. I was not even remotely impressed.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

After finding out the Paves line was DC'd at Walgreens, I found this - and decided to give it a whirl. I got home, and then read the reviews - which kind of made me leary to use it, but I did anyway. I have LOTS of fine hair - and it always dries with icky porous looking ends (when I air dry). I used this, expecting a "coating" like the other reviewers stated, but I have yet to feel a coating or a film on my hair from using this. I don't use a lot of products afterwards, just blowdry with a big brush and go. My hair feels soft, not greasy/dirty, and lays nice. I hope it continues like this!

on 4/6/2007 10:56:00 AM

I have fine, flat, highlighted hair. The product I'm reviewing is the Natural Biotin Shampoo. It doesn't say extra-rich on my bottle.

At first I did NOT like this shampoo. It weighed my hair down and left it feeling coated. I was going to give it to my sister-in-law who has thick hair. But I decided to give it a few more tries. I really like it now. It makes my hair feel thick and strong without being dry. I had been using volumizing shampoos which made my hair really dried and gave me a lot of fly-aways.

I agree with some posters that there is a slightly coated feeling, but it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I think my hair has more body than it has in a long time due to this shampoo.

on 11/20/2006 6:46:00 PM

This shampoo was not very effective on my fine hair,it left a coated feeling and weighed down my hair.The scent is very overpowering and I broke out with bumps on my scalp.the conditioner is no better then the shampoo in my opinion,did not help with the hair thinning or growth issues at all!

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products