July 30, 2014 | 1475 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - extra rich biotin shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a bad shampoo, but it never got my hair super clean. I don't except my hair to be dry and squeaky after I wash it, but I expect it to be cleaner than this got it--and I always washed twice in a row like the instructions said.

It did keep my color nice, thought, and I think it helped strengthen my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I feel bad for thinking that this isn't a good shampoo/conditioner set, because it's cruelty-free. I think that's great, but I definitely don't like how it makes my hair feel--despite the fact that biotin is good for hair, it made my hair feel strangely knotted, not silky at all. it almost felt like I wasted a hair-washing, since I can't wash my hair often or it will be stripped of natural oils. At the same time, I used to use it and it didn't give me trouble back then...I think....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 9:07:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like it. I could overlook the weird smell if it was a great product. It is just okay. You will need a super fantastic conditioner afterward. I would probably mark lower but I gave credit for being cruelty free. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't say I was a fan of this shampoo and conditioner. It has minty sort of smell, which wasn't bad but definitely not my favorite hair care scent. It made my fine hair very limp and dull. I didn't even make halfway through a bottle before I gave up on it. I was not even remotely impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ballerinabooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After finding out the Paves line was DC'd at Walgreens, I found this - and decided to give it a whirl. I got home, and then read the reviews - which kind of made me leary to use it, but I did anyway. I have LOTS of fine hair - and it always dries with icky porous looking ends (when I air dry). I used this, expecting a "coating" like the other reviewers stated, but I have yet to feel a coating or a film on my hair from using this. I don't use a lot of products afterwards, just blowdry with a big brush and go. My hair feels soft, not greasy/dirty, and lays nice. I hope it continues like this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by weezie1317

I have fine, flat, highlighted hair. The product I'm reviewing is the Natural Biotin Shampoo. It doesn't say extra-rich on my bottle.

At first I did NOT like this shampoo. It weighed my hair down and left it feeling coated. I was going to give it to my sister-in-law who has thick hair. But I decided to give it a few more tries. I really like it now. It makes my hair feel thick and strong without being dry. I had been using volumizing shampoos which made my hair really dried and gave me a lot of fly-aways.

I agree with some posters that there is a slightly coated feeling, but it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I think my hair has more body than it has in a long time due to this shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2006 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo was not very effective on my fine hair,it left a coated feeling and weighed down my hair.The scent is very overpowering and I broke out with bumps on my scalp.the conditioner is no better then the shampoo in my opinion,did not help with the hair thinning or growth issues at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2006 4:57:00 AM More reviews by ingad

well, Jason did not keep promises, because it contains Sodium Myreth sulfate, which is another a bit milder version of Sodium laureth sulfate!but who knows what's beter, because all natural shampoos has either sulfates or cocamidopropyl betaine, which is not so know as unsafe , but is not safe as well and has proven links to cancer!!!!
as far as i know the only two shampoos in Jason's line which are free from it(and really great too) are jason's EFA shampoo and Jason's jojoba shampoo( truly wonderful shampo!!!!!!)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2005 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lyss11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried some at a friend's house. It stripped the color from my brunette highlights and made them look weird and yellow. Should be a warning on the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2005 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Rubybreath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been trying to go all natural with my hair products and have been weaning my hair off of SLS and silicones. I bought this shampoo after looking at Jason's site and it seemed to have so many amazing ingredients. Imagine my surprise the other night when I actually read the label on the shampoo bottle and saw not one but TWO silicones listed (conveniently not listed on their site in the ingredient description!). Silicone in shampoo???? All natural huh? They get two thumbs resiliently down for that move and I am so disappointed in a company that misleads people by not listing every ingredient contained in their product on their site. No more Jason's for me.