April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Shayne19

To start off, my skin is many things. I have regular break outs and dry skin in the weather, through out the day it becomes oily no matter what foundation im using. I was looking for a good coverage that would cover my red spots and acne marks. The packaging and bottle is lovely, but getting it out was a mess. Since you have to pour it, sometimes it would leak and fall on my clothes, or too much would come out. Putting it on my face was also tricky since the foundation was very heavy. I expected it to be thick, but not THAT thick... It really does dry fast while applying it on my face even with a damp sponge or face brush. It definately controlled oil for about 5-6 hours, then it started to get a little oily, but i could easily blot that. But the problem came to be where it started giving me face lines becuase it was cakey.
One other problem is how it comes out in photos, for myself, it made me look like a white ghost... i looked terrible and it was embarassing.. I guess if you want a really thick coverage for terrible skin, i'd use this. It never made me break out, of coarse be careful if you want your picture taken with this. And smell is alright, you don't really smell the scent on your face when wearing it. Definatly not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was actually using Benefit's Hello Flawless powder (check out my other reviews, big Benefit fan!) when my sister took me to try some Estee Lauder foundation. A few friends had recommended the Double Wear foundation and I have to admit, it looked great on their skin! They're both blonde with porcelain skin and the foundation just looked lovely. I thought for a change, I'll ask the assistant to make me up and I'll take a sample home to see how I get on with it.

Oh dear. What a mistake. Thankfully there was no money spent! The shade I was matched to was far too pale for my fair skin and I looked like a ghost. The foundation was thick and felt really sticky, something I discovered when accidentally touching my face, brushing hairs away etc. I felt as if I was wearing a mask and just couldn't wait to get it off! It didn't help that this was last summer and the warm weather made me feel even more flustered.

I have sensitive skin anyway and I don't think I was used to such a heavy duty foundation! I'm not particularly keen on such a full coverage as I like a natural look! I left the sample alone for a couple of months and then tried to rekindle some magic by trying out my sample when back at Uni that September. I wore it with some of my own Benefit powder on top just to set. It was still a mistake. I attended the annual ball at Uni and daren't look at the pictures as I look ill! I was a little flushed on the day so applied a little more product than usual just to cover pink-ness, but that had its repercussions! I looked sick all night. A white face against regular arms and neck was quite alarming!

I soon abandoned this when people commented how pale I was looking. I want to say I gave this foundation a chance as I do love the packaging! I know a glass bottle isn't very efficient for distributing product, but it looks so classy!

Needless to say, I returned to Benefit with a much happier looking face :) Hello Flawless is the answer! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by tonij1993

I was bought this product as a present, surprisingly. I started to only use it for night's out/special events etc based on how thick the product is. However, I have recently started to combine it with L'Oreal true match for day wear as this thickens the true match but thins this product and it has worked wonders. Perfect colour for my skin, high coverage and long lasting stay. I don't have to worry about touch ups or oily looking skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Eugeneee

Bad for acne prone skin like mine...good coverage though:) considering its price, id rather buy revlon color stay foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Alanna22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favourite foundations. I usually use my beauty blender to apply. PROS: amazing staying power, easy to apply, looks natural if right shade and applied correctly, matte finish, great for oily skin. CONS: expensive (worth the price), possibly the smell (this doesn't bother me). NOTES: I am NC15 and am the lightest yellow toned colour which is Bone 1W1. Pretty perfect colour match. As I said before, the staying power is amazing. I have worn this out at night and it still looks perfect the next morning (gross i know) No touch ups needed. If you are after a good coverage foundation that will stay then I'd definitely recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Francesca33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted a foundation which I could wear for a night out and would last a long time, so my friend suggested this. Now I've tried Mac but it just makes my skin look dull and lifeless so thought I'd give this ago. I normally buy high street foundations, so i went all out with the price! I do like the foundation for a night out but could not wear it in the day as it is too heavy and sits in your pores. I love buying foundations and this is the only one that lasted me a long night out of drinking and partying. When I looked at myself at the end of the night my make up still looked perfect! And I was shocked! The best way to apply this foundation is using a beauty blender and i find it does take a couple of coats to get full coverage. The only thing I hate about this product is that it doesnt have a pump and so you end up waisting alot of product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is a long time coming. This product is among the most horrifying foundations in just about every aspect (apart from color match and price) I have ever used.
To preface, I don't have perfect skin, I have skin issues, but nothing too severe. My skin is dry/combination, I suffer from larger pores in my t-zone area, and the occasional hormonal zit from hell on my chin/jaw area, and I get blackheads on and around my nose. My skin from my temples downwards will get congested if I get lazy with my skincare, including my cheeks. My skin is also prone to being dehydrated and also needs regular assistance in exfoliation. I have fading post-acne discoloration around my chin, barely noticeable, and not textural. As far as my skin texture, my large pores in the center of my face are the main culprit of textural problems.
As I said, not perfect skin, but not so horrible that I'd die if my lover saw me without makeup on.
This foundation makes my skin look like I have the worst skin under the sun. It makes me look old as hell, dehydrated as hell, it accentuates every pore and every line I didn't know I had. (I don't have wrinkles, btw, except when I wear this) For instance, my forehead has been clear pretty much my whole life. I don't have any blackheads or acne (and hence, no post-acne scars) or dehydration or even lines really (except when I force my eyebrows up super high) on my forehead. I put this makeup on and even my forehead looks dry, cracked, and scaly, and full of lines and wrinkles and scary pores. It looks like how parched lips feel. As for the rest of my face with this makeup on: Old, ugly, dry, flat (no dimension), scaley, lumpy, bumpy, makeupy, and scary. Ugh. And the coverage isn't even that great, I'd have to pile it on to cover old and barely visible post-acne scars.
It's like this foundation is a bottle of flashing neon-lit arrows that point to every flaw that the naked eye otherwise wouldn't see.
On top of that, it makes my skin feel awful and suffocated. Forget how awful it my skin looks, I have to wash this off almost immediately because I can't stand how it feels on my face. It stinks like paint, too.
I don't know anyone personally who loves this, but I do know of youtube guru's who do, and let me just say that I don't understand why. It looks like crap on them too and makes them look hella old and significantly worse than before they put it on. What I see on them is exactly my experience with this awful foundation. It makes people look worse and puts a magnifying glass to every flaw.
Awful. A hyped up old product that needs to retire.
I put this review under the old formula because I got this foundation before (but not too long before) the oldest dated review on the new formula. I'm unsure if I have the new or the old formula, so I'm playing it safe by posting my review here under the old formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation does what it says. It has great lasting power. I purchased dw in bone. May be a little to light,but shell is too pink. It stays put the whole day,although I need powder touch ups during the day. Washes off easy enough. Does not deposit onto clothes. My only problem with this foundation is that it is so thick. If you are looking for a natural finish,this might not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lacarolineguh

All I have to say is: BEST FOUNDATION OUT THERE. I have combination skin that gets oily on the nose a couple hours into the day. I have been searching for a foundation that really just enhanced what I have and didnt look like a big cake on my face. It's almost like I was reasoning with a lot of my foundations, like "well it looks good in unnatural lighting but bad in natural lighting...but at least it looks good in unnatural lighting so its awesome!". This foundation looks awesome in all lighting. It DOESNT LOOK LIKE MAKEUP. It looks like I have awesome skin!! I've tried Urban Decay Naked foundation, Mac fix, mac studio tech, etc. They all have pros but the cons outweigh the pros.

I literally have no cons for this product. I recommend it to anyone!!!! Apply with a damp beauty blender and set with laura geller translucent powder ( i also use mac prep and prime highlighter) and your skin will look flawless but not fake!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Dulcelissa

I like this foundation, if you read my review on Mac studio fix you would know that it is one of my favourite foundations, but I recently went on a foundation mission to see what other brands have to offer. This foundation by far was one of my favourites, I loved the coverage it gave me, it lasts all day. I started trying this foundation with a sample I received, I was amazed at it's longevity, I would put it on first thing in the morning, go to the gym and come home and it still would be perfect, no touch ups necessary. The price is great, the colour range is fantastic, it's long lasting and stays put. When I wear this foundation, I get a great medium to full coverage, that is build-able and lasts. Why I love this product is that it does not mask my skin but give it a helping hand for a flawless finish. For more beauty and fashion tips go to dulcelissa.com