Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel

3.2

INGREDIENTS: Water, Witch Hazel Distillate, Cucumber Extract, Glycerin, Panthenol, Hexylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglycerylmethacrylate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhizinic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Oil.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is pretty good for keeping the under eye area moisturized. It is not too thick and it absorbs fairly quickly. If your skin is very dry this is probably not for you as for this is formulated for skins that are on the normal to oily side. Overall this is okay if you don't have very dry skin and are looking for something that will provide you with hydration. I apply it morning and night and it keeps my eyelids and under my eyes hydrated. Gets the job done so yes I would rebuy.

on 11/5/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My eyes have badly reacted (irritation) to the many eye creams/moisturizers I have tried so I'm very picky when purchasing things for my eyes. I've been using this gel for about 5 months now (still using the same jar) and I must say it's not the holy grail of eye product but its good enough to keep me using it. It's very light and doesn't irritate and it decently moisturizes. My concealer looks good over it and my husband says that my circles aren't as dark as they used to be.

Now, I know circles are hereditary. There's nothing we can do, short of taking full on bleach to the skin, to take care of that completely but I'll take some added radiance! I will continue to use. The price is good and its very decent at doing what it does!

on 10/13/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:

-Great price
-Fragrance free
-Gel formulation
-Wonderful basic eye moisturizer

Cons:
-I hate the jar packaging--so unhygienic!
-Doesn't address dark undereye circles

Overall, I do enjoy this product and will repurchase for the time being.

on 9/11/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tend to love Olay products but this one misses the mark for me. Even though it is a colorless gel I dont think it blends nicely around my eyes. Even after using a small dabble I think it still leaves a wet/slick appearance which is does not complement my oily complexion at all.

Depite not really caring for the look and feel I decided to use it for a few weeks to see if it would deliver. Sadly it did not. In fact I suspect that I get more eye junk throughout the day with it than I do without. Also, I did not notice any significant improvement in my eye area that would warrant the use of this product. The rest of the bottle is still in the medicine cabinet where it will likely stay until I give it away.

I would not recommend this product.

on 7/9/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this eye gel last of a olay holiday set, it came with a face cream, cleanser, face towel and this stuff. I was intrigued. I've only used one other eye cream in my life, one from nivea (which came as a bonus, it was in a blue contain, hydrafresh or something). I am 27 and have started to see fine lines around my eyes.

This product is sticky feeling, takes a long time to absorb on your skin, I don't really like it. As far as results, haven't seen any yet, I guess it hydrates but has to be used with a moisturizer around the eyes too or else it just feel kinda drying.

I would not rebuy this on it's own. I have two containers of this stuff and will probably finish them off unless I find they are really bad.

EDIT: After using it for some time, it is causing me to break out under my eyes, a place I never ever break out, so I know this stuff is doing it. :(

on 2/15/2009 2:54:00 PM

NEVER again will I try this product. This ripped apart the skin under my eye, and i've had to live with putting on corizone cream the past 3 days... It ate threw my skin like battery acid, and i have all these fluid filled blisters under both my eyes, and a few on my lids. The cooling effect burned like hell, but subsided within a few seconds, I woke up to skin that looks like i have a flesh eating disease - NOT pretty. I will NEVER use this product ever again. Into the garbage it goes.

on 10/24/2008 1:22:00 PM

I tried this product and it didn't seem to do much for me but then my fiance tried it and he had results the next day! His puffyness was gone, the dark circles were lighter and I could see a difference in his crows feet (he has really bad puffyness,circles because he works 7 days a week all day long!) I wouldn't call it one of my HG's but I think he will if he would ever really admit to using an eye gel LOL

on 7/24/2008 3:04:00 AM

Don't believe these reviews,this eye gel doesn't do anything AT ALL!! it just sits there on your skin taking a long time to be absorbed and doesn't make any difference. i bought it after reading all the good reviews here although i am 24 and need only a little moisture for the eye area, but now it's been sitting on the table since a very loooooong time i think i am gonna throw it away now. if i could give it zero i would have,its just a waste of your money.

on 6/22/2008 3:11:00 PM

This had a 50% OFF/BEING DISCONTINUED sign under the product. That is too bad because I feel this is helping the "pillows" near my eye area. It helps a little with fine lines. I found this product to be somewhat drying, but it does knock out puffiness for me.

on 6/10/2008 10:32:00 PM

Bought this because I felt a gel would be more soothing/cooling. While it was all that, I did not see a difference upon finishing the treatment. I did however experience some undereye swelling when I pared this with AHA or BHA nightly treatments. I don't know if this is common, but I now use my eye cream on separate nights than my acne treatments.