Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 10/5/2008 4:07:00 PM

I color my hair once every month and a half. In between dye jobs I use Aveda clove conditioner, once a week toward the end of that 1.5 month period, to keep the color vibrant. It does a great job of depositing color. Nothing too OTT, just a little oomph that can keep me from going to the salon more often.

Having said that, I find my hair gets dirty faster when using this conditioner (maybe I'm using too much) and that it actually doesn't condition very well. My hair doesn't detangle as well as when I use my regular Kerastase conditioner. I try to get round this by using Kiehl's leave in conditioner after the clove one.

So, all in all. I like this product. Can't rave about it cause the conditioning properties are quite disappointing, but I'll def. purchase it again, cause it does a gerat job of keeping my hair color vibrant in between dye jobs!

on 7/29/2008 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great! I only used it once and it transformed my virgin Asian hair into luscious chocolatey goodness. Weelllll.. that's not ENTIRELY true... it's not completely luscious but it does feel A HELL LOT more healthy and only after ONE use!! There are tints of brown in my hair that looks amazing and after I iron my hair it is even more light reflective! It's great and it smells like herbal tea. I don't know why everyone complains about the nasty and strong scent because after I use the conditioner, I shampoo and the scent fades instantly.

anyway bottom line, if you're asian, want good hair, have never dyed your hair, and want some brown in it, go buy this NOW

This is one of my haircare staples. I love everything about this conditionner. First of all, let me say my hair is naturally very dark. I don't dye it or anything. So I was skeptical when the Aveda lady told me it would still work for me. I have been hooked ever since. It makes my natural color even richer, the squeeze bottle is really handy, and my hair is soft, smooth and knots-free. However, if you find clove to be an unpleasant smell, you might think again before buying this: the smell is very strong (and in the hot shower it's even worse). I gladly deal with it and I couldn't be more satisfied about a conditioner.

on 4/6/2008 4:54:00 PM

You might think this is an expensive product, but it will reduce salon color touch-ups so much that you'll actually save money! At least that's what happens for me. I begin using about 2 weeks after getting hi/low lights, just when color starts to fade a little and become brassy. I towel dry my hair after shampooing, mix Aveda Clove with a little everyday conditioner, and leave on for about 5 minutes before rinsing. Salon fresh color for another whole week! Also, sometimes I mix with the Aveda Madder Root (red) conditioner to warm up the brown a bit. The scent isn't great (explaining the 4 rating), but that's just my opinion and it's not so bad that it outweighs the benefits.

on 3/24/2008 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best products I've ever used. I had my hair dyed to my natural dark brown/ black color, because I'm tired of going to the salon every few months to have my hair redyed or root touch ups. I save money from the salon visits (allergic to box dyes), less chemicals on my scalp and no more ugly roots in between visits. I feel more natural and free. This conditioner gives my hair a warm brown glow (not reddish) under the sunlight instead of a black/bluish shine. If that's what you want I think you'd go for the black/blue Malva instead of this Clove conditioner. I mix this in with my regular conditioners to make it a medium brown paste in my hands and apply (washing my hands immediately after). It's great because now I'm free from salon hair coloring, ugly roots and can have a subtle natural brown glow from conditioning my hair.

on 3/21/2008 7:17:00 PM

I bought this after botched highlights that were supposed to be caramel on my dark brown hair. The stylist ended up making my base color waaay too dark and then added highlights that appeard blonde against it.

I bought this conditioner hoping to tone down the blonde and hoped that it would add more of a caramel tone to the highlights.
I left this on for 2 and a half minutes--Voila! Perfectly caramel highlights! I'll have to experiment to keep the highlights up, but if you ever run into a similar circumstance, I totally recommend this!

FYI--the stylist used Aveda haircolor but I'm not sure if this matters.

on 1/18/2008 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this due to the reviews here. I was looking for a color depositing shampoo or conditioner to help tone down some lowlights that I got done about a month ago. I thought they were looking a little brassy. This has REALLY helped!!!! I was worried that the conditioner was going to be a bit drying - so I applied this and then added a little of my regular conditioner. I left it on for about 5 mins, My hair was sooooo smooth!
The lowlights look much better too, less brasy and much more subtle and they now blend in well with the rest of my dark brown hair. Will be purchasing the shampoo too and will def repurchase this conditioner!

I have dark blonde/light blonde hair and this saves me for a week or so when I need to do a root touchup. Love it! Doesn't do much for me re: conditioning, but as long as it evens out my color and hides roots, I'm happy.

on 12/9/2007 7:09:00 PM

My stylist was in disbelief when I told her that I hadn't colored/highlighted my hair since September. I'll use this every 8th or so shampoo to keep the highlight regrowth in-check. When used as an enhancement to regular conditioners, it won't dry out the hair. Words of caution - keep away from the towels, washcloths, and anything you don't want clove-colored. Rinse shower walls after application - no need to break out cleaner and scrub brushes, but be sure to rinse the spots off or they will stay there. Same with palms - wash after use. And rinse thoroughly or have your towels end up clove-spotted.

Having said that - with a little bit of care, you can get great results, no mess

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of my hg conditioners. It definitely deepens brunettes and adds a lot of shine. I get a lot of highlights from the sun, and this evens out my hair making the highlights just a little darker and my hair richer. I use it about twice a week to add a little depth. I've been using this for a few years now and I love it. I sometimes get chemical highlights and when I go back to being a brunette, this conditioner helps when the color starts to fade around the highlights. My trips to my stylist go from every 6 weeks to every 8 weeks.

Top Rated Aveda Products