April 21, 2014 | 1521 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by beemen

Two thumb up for this concealer!! This texture is so creamery. It come not just 1 or 2 but 5. go cop it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in no1, I really like this palette and have found it very versatile however I would not recommend it for under the eyes as it is too drying for this delicate area. I'd imagine makeup artists would find this handy however with each use I had to mix my perfect shade when I know I could go out to a store and get matched for my exact shade so the process of mixing can be time consuming however I find it useful when I want to conceal areas of my neck and body also as they are slightly different in color from my face. Update: I have found this way to drying for my face. The product has dried out after four months so is getting binned such a waste of money :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Gimmick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased No. 1 for light skin.
I do like the thought process behind the variety of colors. However, the only one that was substantially different from your conventional concealer was the salmon color, second from the right, for under eyes circles. I first applied the salmon color under my eye, then layered the lightest color over it. That's the only real use I got out of this palette.

I didn't like the green at all. I understand the intent, green cancels out red, etc. But it did not do a better job of concealing redness/break outs versus using concealer that is my skin tone, and it required much more blending.

The packaging is extremely unsanitary. You would have to be scrupulous about using a brush. I applied with my finger tips, and the concealers' texture became very greasy after multiple uses.

Overall I can't recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Rachaelein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have palette no. 1 for very light skin, which includes three (pale) skin-toned concealers, one salmon colored one (for under the eyes), and one green one.

I really, really want to love this palette. Generally, I love MUFE. The 5 color selection is genius, I love the idea of mixing to match, I have plenty of redness to counter with the green concealer, and the salmon color is a perfect counterbalance to the purple in my under eye circles -- IN THEORY.

However, I just cannot this to apply well or properly adhere to my skin. I know how to apply concealer, generally, and have used as little as possible. I have tried warming it between my fingers and gently dabbing (not swiping), using concealer brushes, using the beauty blender, setting it with powder...and, no. Negatory. Does not work. When I try it on blemishes/red bumps, it doesn't last and is either translucent (so that the blem is still visible) or a cake blob if I keep adding it. It doesn't really cover my under eye circles, which aren't even that dark -- it goes from NOT covering to cakey, totally bypassing the desired in-between stage. The green concealer is my favorite, but it sticks into the pores on the side of my nose, giving me delightful green polkadots (or nose-a-dots, as I call them).

As a disclaimer, my skin has been pretty reactionary lately -- extra congested, new rosacea never seen before, and so on. It may be that, at this point in time, MY particular skin is just not the right skin for this product. However, my other concealers and foundation are still working, so....there ya go. I will still keep this product in hopes of making it work for me someday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have both of these. I find them very helpful to have in your kit because you never know when you're gonna need it to camouflage something. I use the green a lot.

The packaging is very simple, easy to add into the kit. They are extremely pigmented. Bottom line, I love them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by bettyboopjkt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really helps with my eyelids, which are discolored and oily. I always have problems getting colors to stick to my eyelids and trying to even out the discoloration on my lids.

This 5 color palette is fantastic, you can use it as a very natural look without eyeshadows and just a bit of eyeliner-my friends complimented me on this look. You just use a darker color over the eyelid and use the lighter color as a highlighter.

Several times when I got my makeup done professionally, the makeup artist used this on my lids with the above technique before layering on eyeshadows to it.

I also use it as a base for my eyeshadows,powder shadows,pigments etc...it really helps colors pop on my eyelids and helps shadows and pigments adhere to my lids.

In terms of value for money, it really does have great value, I've had mine for over a year now, and I use it quite frequently-it still has a lot of product left. It also doesn't dry out. It is still very creamy.

It is definitely a staple of my makeup routine, for everyday and stage makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Delphi373

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok....the KEY to using this is to use VERY LITTLE. I repeat...very very little. To give you an example of how little I use...I simply dab my finger in it - brushing it lightly on top so as to get a thin film of color on my finger. Than I apply. If I find that wasn't enough, I repeat the process. But if you use a lot...or use it like a normal concealer getting a thick amount and spreading it around, you'll be sorely disappointed. Also, as these are solids, and you want to apply it smoothly...make sure it's warm. If they're cold they won't spread right. So warm it on your finger first. If your hands are warm it increases spread-ability and makes it much nicer to apply. These are heavily pigmented. I have the Palette Number 5 and use the salmon color to cover a dark blue area under my one eye which decided to appear out of nowhere a few years ago and never disappear (ahhh the joys of aging! lol) and this is the ONLY thing that covers it. To make things even I use it under my other eye too. Then I dip my finger in the lightest skin color on the far left (you might choose the other one depending on your skin color) and go OVER the salmon with this. The coverage is perfect. Oh! I forgot to add...beneath ALL of this is my usual concealer (which is a liquid from Almay). Now this may sound like a lot of product, but I'm a minimalist, and I assure you, it's not. The amount of salmon I use is minuscule, as well as the pale concealer on top - as these colors are so pigmented you need VERY little. They are slightly (and I say slightly) oily once on, so I find a very fine dusting of powder over them seals it all in nicely. But remember, use a TINY amount...otherwise it'll look cakey and horrible. The green is great for red spots (green cancels red) - the salmon for blue (orange/red cancels blue) - there is an orangey color in the middle I have yet to touch but it might work well for under-eyes too I'd imagine. Totally recommend this product for those with heavy/dark circles under their eyes and are just tired of looking tired!!! :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by JoJOJOjoJO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this palette. I picked it up at IMATS, but would not have paid retail for it.

I found it easy to use, and I liked that I could custom blend the shades. The only shade in the palette that I haven't used is the darkest one.

It covers really well! I also find it blends easily, using fingers or a brush. However, a couple of hours afterwards, it will have caked and oxidized on my face. In the oily areas, as well as the dry areas.

It's too bad, really.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Kristina1444

Okay... I really don't even know about this one. I saw some of the youtube guru's raving about this on their channels and I wanted to give it a go. I was using L'oreal true match concealer thingy and I really wanted something different. I bought the no. 1 palette a week before christmas so I've had for 2 weeks now I guess. I even used my freakin' beauty insider coupon on this because it was so damn expensive. The packaging is nice but it can get alittle messy but whatever. Soooo basically in the two weeks I've owned this I've tried numerous ways of application. It totally did not work by applying with a concealer brush. Eff that. The concealers in this palette are dry to me. I have dry skin and yeah... if you don't know how to work with this product it's going to cake up on your face. So I tried warming it up with my fingers and that was alright. I ended up SITTING on the whole damn palette (closed of course) and warming it with my bum to put it on my face and ya know what.... IT WORKED lol! And I think it worked better when I actually took the steps of completely moisturizing my face, putting primer on and then using the concealer palette because sometimes I just skip the primer 'cause I'm lazy or in a rush. Meh. Overall I guess it works to cover up spots and redness on my face. I'm still on the fence about this one and I'm debating on returning it to sephora and just cut my loses hahaha. It really is difficult to work with especially if you're in a rush or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by SummerTwice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was breaking out so bad and was left with crazy ugly scar on my T zone. One of the staff actually suggested me to get one of the concealer to cover everything up. I was torn on getting either the liquid concealer or the cream version one. I took this one instead.

For like more than RM80 for a pot of concealer color, I decided to just carry on with the palette as it help with saving the money haha.

# I apply the green colored one first then I put like a beigy colored concealer that they have one the palette and just blend the edges. Wow~! It covers really well, you can still see the scar but its not as visible and I got lotta compliment whenever I put this on.

# Using the peachy color that the Number 1 palette came with, I apply it under my eyes and its kinda correct the bluish tone of dark circle I have - Making me look fresh and awake!! Super happy bout that

The only thing with this though, I found that it doesnt last as long as I like it to.. I cant use the lighter color coz its too light and too creamy for eyeshadow base =/ Erm... I dont know, maybe next time I'll just repurchase the pot one, you know. We'll see.. But anyway, great concealer. Get it!