Smashbox Soft Lights - Shimmer

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Carmine

on 6/2/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just tried this for the first time.......I am a die-hard mineralize soft and gentle fan but I want to branch out a bit. I REALLY love this..............its not at gleaming as the mineralize but thats not necessarily a bad thing.....I think I will purchase both regularly, as this is more appropriate for day, in my opinion. I also find that it doesnt magnify my pores like the mac product does. The only downfall is the price, although it seems like it will last forever so as long as you can foot it up front, its not like you will be replacing monthly. A definite winner!! I almost bought prism but I'm happy with this...........not much of a difference but this works with any look.

on 5/2/2010 12:51:00 PM

Purchased this from eBay in the color Lens and love it so much I want it in other colors. ( I also have it in a freebie duo of glimmer Smashbox sent me). It really gives an amazing warm glow to my skin yet mattify's at the same time and really diffuses the light on my skin... LOVE this. A little goes a long way and can't imagine ever emptying the pan. This stuff ROCKS!

on 4/23/2010 7:43:00 PM

AMAZING. Sincerely, it is the best highlighter I have ever applied to my "oh-so-lucky" cheeks! Firstly, the color is nearly neutral, so it blends with any blush or bronzer underneath. Also, the power does not reveal any cheap looking sparkles. Rather, the cheeks becomes illuminated with a sexy sheen. The powder feels light and soft. My only criticism is that a little goes a tremendously long way! I had once used too much and I looked like a shiny tin-man. Therefore, I recommend that one only uses this product to highlight the cheekbones, because placing the product all over gives a result that is WAY too intense in natural daylight. In addition, the packaging is a a pot with a screw-off lid; not the most efficient. And the price is worth the amount in the pot, which lasts incredibly long.

on 12/26/2009 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Weeeeeeee (this was the sound my heart made when I came across this item). I used this in conjunction with UD's Brightening Primer Potion, Smashbox's Healthy FX Foundation, and just lightly brushed this across my forehead, down my nose, and across each cheekbone. What was I left with, you ask? Oh, just a gorgeous, subtly imparted, BEAUTIFUL glow - seriously, a major "glow from within look". And, frankly, I've been so TIRED of my usual "matte" mineral make-up look (you know that feeling?) so I'm quite happy with my new routine! A definite HG product, people!

on 12/21/2009 4:46:00 PM

I love this. I went to the Smashbox counter in Nordstroms and the sales associate tried this on me and I loved it. It is a shimmer that reflects light and givse the illusion of silky skin. I use it over my blush and lightly across my forehead. Looks great.

on 12/20/2009 8:29:00 PM

I was guided to this purchase while browsing at Sephora for a good blush that I hoped would look natural. She suggested "Ginger" by Smashbox (which I do absolutely love; it looks so natural and *right* on my face, almost like a contouring tool) and this highlighter. While it took me a while to get used to the slightly metallic sheen of this, i came to rather like it. Unfortunately, after a bit over a week I must reluctantly (yet definitively) say that it has caused pore-clogging breakouts in exactly those areas where I've applied it. This is especially conspicuous because I don't typically break out in those areas, and they're quite specific. I think I might use it very sparingly on special occasions when I know I'll have an opportunity to clean it off my face shortly afterward (and will try and pre-empt breakouts with some kind of medication underneath.) But I don't think metallics are good for my breakout-prone skin; I have yet to try one that doesn't irritate my face.

on 8/3/2009 1:27:00 AM

It has a very fine shimmer, so still appropriate for day-time look, on top of a matte blush since this is very sheer; really brightens up your face w/out lookin like a disco ball; no breakouts from the product either..I have this in color Lens, and true to the description, it's a very soft peach color.....got it on a sale from smashbox.com....probably won't buy again as i use very minimal amount each time, so it would last me awhile.

on 6/7/2009 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a great highlighter. I like it better than Nars Albatross. It is easy to work with and gives a nice soft pink shimmer. It does not sink into pores like some shimmer highlighters. Will definitley purchase again.

on 5/18/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a great (shimmery) highlighter, this is a must. I originally purchased Nars' Albatross but it did not show up on my skin. I kept trying to work with it but it just never worked on me. Smashbox's Soft Lights in "Shimmer" is amazing. The color looks like a shimmery light pink (VERY light pink.) Anytime I wear makeup, I always play up my cheeks (both when I'm attemption a natural look and dramatic night time look.) I usually pair this with a blush and sweep it on top of where I apply my blush and sometimes also underneath where I have applied blush. I only use it to highlight my cheeks though as I feel that this shimmer on other parts of the face would look a little "off." For other parts of the face, I'd go with a matte highlighter. This product just makes your skin glow in a non-flashy type of way. The only bad thing I have to say is that I don't like the packaging. It looks very nice but when I'm in a hurry, I don't like having to twist off the cap and then twist it back on. I rather have it be a flip-open type of thing (does that make sense??) However, I do think this product will last me a long, long time as it seems to go pretty deep inside the container. Worth the $28 even though it's a tad pricey. Overall, it makes the skin look dewy and natural. It looks wonderful and I'm guessing it would work for all tones.

on 4/24/2009 4:02:00 PM

OMG...HG ALERT! How has this wonderful highlighter been eluding me for so long?? It certainly was a long journey, but I am glad to have finally stumbled upon this based off the great reviews here on MUA. It blends so nicely with my skintone (light skin with cool tones) and provides just the right amount of "glowiness" without looking like a shimmerqueen or glowbot (looking at you Nars Albatross!)..ha! WIll def buy again if I ever run out...there's alot in the pan

Top Rated Smashbox Products