Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/30/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UD is my new obsession. This is the first liquid liner I've ever owned. I'm surprised at how much I like it and how easy it is to wear. On me (PPP, dark eyes, dark hair, cool to neutral coloring) it's a dark, very slightly olive-toned brown with a bit of gold shimmer. It makes a line that's close to black but not as harsh as black (because I tried that at Sephora). It seems similar to Bobbi Brown Sepia, which I love, but it's much easier to use. I have no problems with the brush at all--I can use it to make a very fine line if I want, or a thicker one. Best of all, it lasts and lasts, but comes off with cleanser--doesn't need a waterproof eye makeup remover--unlike the otherwise wonderful 24/7 liners.

I love this. It is so gorgeous and looks very natural. It is dark brown with a hint of green and overall if very pretty on the eye.

on 5/22/2009 4:44:00 PM

I bought this from a discount site where it was very cheap (im reviewing this along with thames & chains liners) and im so pleased with it! its a beautiful dark brown shimmery colour with little flecks of gold in it. i love using these liners as bases for eyeshadows (ensure u use a good eyeshadow primer first like UDPP or whichever u prefer to prevent eyeshadow creasing) it makes the colour really pop. i like using the dark brown colour from the lovey dovey too faced eyeshadow duo over this, its so pretty. would recommend and repurchase!

on 2/19/2009 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite eyeliner I bought this and the 24/7 stash eyeliner. I love lining my whole lid with it, and adding mildew on my bottom lashes. I would buy this again if I ran out.

I love UD's 24/7 liner in Stash and was hoping this would be a liquid version of it. When I tested it on my hand it was a beautiful olive green w/ gold shimmer/microglitter. However, on my eyes it just looks like a medium brown. I had the same problem w/ Roach - looks beautiful on my hand but blah on the eye.

The liner itself is longlasting and I find the brush easy to work with. I would repurchase a different color but I don't find Smog to be anything special on me.

on 12/16/2008 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This review is for the vintage slim EL tube not the new genie EL bottle, however, both contents are apparently the same. I am a longtime liquid EL user and Urban Decay has interesting color choices and this is one of several that I adore, including Thames and Roach. This is a deep olive with a hint of swamp brown and a slight shimmer. The shimmer is what gives this color dimension otherwise the olive would look flat and the brown would look muddy. I have blue eyes and what I really love about this green is that it neutralizes any redness in the whites of my eyes and makes the blue really stand out. I am also a very fair PP so this color comes out true to product as my skin doesn't pull out more green or gold. Although this isn't waterproof I love the staying power and the intensity of pigment one stroke imparts. I have been told that the vintage line is better and can still be found in limited supply on Urbandecay.com. If you are looking for unusual colors that can go from office to club this is the line to buy.

on 7/28/2008 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best liquid liner ever. Everything about this liner is perfect. This is my first time trying a UD product. I just purchased this and the eye shadow primer at the Ulta grand opening in my area. The liner is a beauitful metallic olive green color. I love the fact that is has a hint of sparkle to make my eyes stand out. Nothing too harsh to look stripper-ish, but it does play up my eyes just right. The consistency is great. It doesn't burn my lids like avon liquid liners do. Also, it was expensive however you do get allot of product for the money and a little goes a long way. I like the applicator. It makes sure that you get just enough product wuthout getting messy. it lasts all day long and does not smudge or budge without soup and water (or a goos MU remover). I can't wait until payday to go and buy more colors. this makes my MU application in the morning so much easier.

on 7/3/2008 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love the color and formula of this liner. What I do not like is the clumsy package and brush. The old Urban Decay liners, in the slim tube they discontinued, had the very best brush of any packaged liner around. It was slim and precise. This one sucks. It's fat and square at the end, and I can never get a thin line. So, I use a separate eyeliner brush if I want that. I also find the bottle clumsy and can see it becoming a PITA when you get down to the end of the product. All that said, the color (to me a golden olive color, or tarnished gold however you call it) is gorgeous and truly unique. The formula, although not waterproof, is very nice. It applies evenly, true to color and wears well with no flakes. For the color and formula, alone, i would continue to repurchase. But due to crappy packaging and brush design it gets an overall "4". Message to Urban Decay: You really need to really re-think all this stupid genie packaging (Need we mention UDPP and, it's wasteful design?) and offer your fabuous products in real packaging that works.

on 6/19/2008 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I bought this for 1/2 price in the vintage (not the ridiculous) packaging. The color is great! I'm just not too fond of the brush as it makes it more difficult for thinner lining.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Another hazel-eyed woman echoing the worshipful reviews for this beautiful color.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products