L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used to have crazy frizz in my super long, straight hair, which really irritated me a lot since I have always thought that I have good hair. So one day, I ran over to watsons to look for a hair serum for frizzy hair- and found this. After showering and waiting for my hair to air-dry, I pumped 2 pumps into my palms and applied it onto my hair. Voila! My hair appeared super glossy and the frizz vanished by about 70%. With constant use, the frizz is only about 5% or less compared to before I used this. Will keep on buying and buying

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I used to have long glossy hair till I went and cut it short and I realised what FRIZZ means!!! I also moved to Dubai and its humid out here! I got this after being forced by a friend....and I just love it! It comes in a lockable pump bottle..so u can get just t right amount of product and I can carry it whenever I travel without worrying about spillage. The serum itself is light and feels lyk an oil but after u apply it to your hair, it won't feel oily at all...just easy to control! I can reduce frizz a lot for my thick asian hair so I would suggest it to others...the only downside is that my hair feels greasy within a day n a half...(maybe my oily scalp? or t humidity? don't know...). Its not that pricey either.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use two coin-sized amounts for my wavy hair that's just past the shoulders. It's much better than applying tons of moisturising conditioner in the shower and risking product build-up on my scalp, which almost always causes my scalp to itch.
My hair feels soft, smoother and more manageable, there are fewer tangles and he ends aren't as frizzy or dry. Plus I've always had a problem with little baby hairs standing up and curling just on the top and sides of my forehead. The serum takes care of that pretty well and there's no oily residue, in fact there's actually a little shine.
The only problem is that the effect doesn't last 48 hours as the label claims, but it's so cheap (less than $4 in India) that I don't mind applying this every day. It washes out easily too.
I haven't tried styling my hair with this - I just shampoo, condition, scrunch dry and apply the serum. I'm too lazy to use the blow dryer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my absolute favorite hair products, I've been using it for years and I love everything about it! I have shoulder-length hair and so 1 pump is about enough for me, I could even use less, and it really tames all the frizz away and is great for the ends as well. The smell is great, too! Even though it says that it's for dry, frizzy, or rebellious hair, I highly recommend this for everyone - works miracles!

I don't really use this product every day (I hate having too much hair product build-up on my hair). I tend to use when my hair feels so uncooperative.

I have thin hair, as in thin by the strand but as a whole, my hair gets pouffy because I've done a bit of a damage to it. So whenever my hair dries and it doesn't dry the way I want to (sleek but with volume), I pump a small amount of this serum, spread it all over my palms, and generously apply it on my hair starting with the ends then going up.

Some people apply this with damp hair but see, damp hair doesn't necessarily mean dry. Damp hair has bits of water in it and I find it contradicting to apply this product while your hair is from wet to damp because this is basically oil and we all know that oil and water will never go together. So I tell you, apply this with DRY and not damp hair. Aside from actually seeing results, you don't waste the product.

I have to tell you though that if you really have dry and rebellious hair, this thing won't magically make it look hydrated and sleek. It doesn't weigh the hair down, I tell you. It CONTROLS the frizz but it doesn't miraculously gets rid of it in the long run. It is thin in consistency that's why it's easy to run on your hair but also thin enough to just tame MINOR frizz and not drastic ones. Also, if you have curly and really wavy hair, don't ever expect this thing to make it straight. This thing is an anti-frizz serum, not a relaxer.

I still love it because I normally don't get greasy hair with using this stuff like how it normally it gets greasy whenever I don't wear anything on my hair, which is odd.

This is practically ideal for me since I can't afford all the expensive anti frizz hair serum. And about comparing this with the kerastase oleo relax serum, well I've tried that and I can honetsly say that the oleo relax one is only by 5% better in sleeking out the waves of your hair. But this loreal one is better because it less than half the price of the kerastase one and does the job almost 95% as kerastase. (Wait why am I even saying this when kerastase in under the loreal company!)

So if you don't have that much hair trouble to begin with and you want something to tame your unruly hair every now and then without having to splurge money, then I highly recommend it.

PRO's:

-Affordable AS COMPARED TO other brands
-Makes the hair look manageable WITHOUT weighing it down
-Gives a good amount of shine WIHOUT making it look greasy
-DOES tames frizziness here and there
-Makes curled hair look so much more flatteringly wavy
-Hair feels smoother and healthier

CON's:

-The pump is out of control. I only need half a pump of this serum for my hair length, but it always pumps in full. You can never half-pump this.
-It's very hard to find this nowadays. I HOPE THEY DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS. :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is on the pricy side for drugstore brand ($8.99 for 3.4 FL), but it works great, better than the Super Skinny Serum by paul mitchell that I also like. When i done shampooing, towel dry my hair then I will add this, then blow-dry. I don't even need conditioner, this thing helps to seal the moisture better than the conditioner.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is pretty amazing. My kind-of-frizzy hair is tamed by this serum. It doesn't leave my hair oily but a nice light glow to my long dyed hair. One pump is just enough for my hair. And I LOVE THE SCENT! It's so mild and pleasant. I can't stop sniffing the opening of the pump. (Yes, it's kind of weird, I realise that.)
I will definitely repurchase it.

I have this serum from when i start to color my hair and also to use a straightener.It is a nice product that you can use it on wet hair or dry hair.
I do use it on wet hair for dry ends and treat the frizzness.
I also use on dry hair after i straighten the hair.Is no oily finish ,the smell is nice and i love the pump bottle.
The price is alittle too big for the quantity u get.
I will rebuy it,is a nice hair serum.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i like this.
it's nice and not heavy.

the only downfall is the price vs the size.
i mean your getting to little for the price but i guess i can live with that

I was afraid to use this at first, thinking it would leave my hair greasy and tangly, but when applied to my hair wet and left to dry naturally, the result is very pleasing. Makes my hair look healthy, without being too 'shiny' and was a great price too.

Popular Styling Products