April 24, 2014 | 1859 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaLast long lasting lipcolor

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fairly good lipcolor! I hardly ever wear lipstick anymore...I do gloss only, sometimes with a little liner thrown in the mix, but very rarely actual lipstick. When Cover Girl and Max Factor came out with their 2-step, long-lasting lipcolors, I tried them both and HATED them. They peeled off and balled up on my lips, and dried my lips out something awful. After a couple hours, you were left with a ring around the outside of your lips. I was really hesitant to try Wet 'n' Wild's version, but it was only a couple bucks, so I thought what the heck. I am getting married, and I need something that will look pretty but won't rub off during the kiss! I picked this up in #364, a pretty, shimmery bronze, as it looked similar to what I usually wear.

First of all, I made sure my lips were exfoliated and super clean. I usually apply a bit of moisturizer to my lips when I moisturize my face, but I made sure not to do this before applying the MegaLast. I applied a light layer of the color (with no liner...it wears the product off because it contains oils) and did not rub lips together after the product was applied. I let this dry for a minute and then applied the glossy top coat. The result was a pretty, convincing, shimmery bronze with a great gloss to it. This stays on and on until I eat something. Even then I only have to reapply the gloss, as the color stays pretty true all through the work day (9 hours...not too shabby!).

This is really one of the best products of its kind that I have used. I might have to give lipstick another shot, because this feels just as good as gloss on, and it's under $3!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks really really bright and shiny for about an hour. Then, it clumps up on your lips in dry clumps and looks and feels awful. Will prob finish the tube but wont repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by luvhunni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This wasn't that great but it wasn't that bad either. It's a double-sided lip gloss with a color at one end and with a clear lip gloss at the other end. I bought this in #364 which is like a matte brownish/nude color. The color was really nice and you can use it for a natural look or pile on layers for a more intense look. However, the quality of the lipgloss was so drying for my lips. It's a good thing that it comes with the clear lip gloss because that does help soften the lips a bit more. But before I put the lip color on, I still have to put lip balm on. It would be such a nice lipcolor if it wasn't so drying for me. =/ I don't think I'll repurchase because I've tried so many better lip glosses. It's worth a shot but try to get it when it's on sale because Wet & Wild almost always has a sale. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, I got 365 (Lasting Fuschia). I was skeptical because it's a two step long lasting lipcolor, and I've been sorely disappointed in the past (literally, the CoverGirl one dried my lips out horribly!). This Wet 'n' Wild lipstick, however, is so much better than any other I've tried (like CoverGirl, Revlon, etc.)! It leaves my lips feeling smooth with just the color, and the gloss/topcoat isn't sticky! It does last a long time, even through a light snack.

I did have to try it twice, and I've got a good method of applying so it will last. Put it on your lips, but don't rub them together to spread the color. If I let it dry without rubbing my lips it lasts for at least 6 hours.

The best part: I got it for $2.99. Big rave from me! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueen33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

totally <3 this!! and it stays on for sooo long!! I bought this in Lasting Bronze and it is PERFECT for summer. Does great with my tan. He He!! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by moonpiesformisfits

Bought in a set of three w&w products all for ONE DOLLA!!! SOOO I didn't expect much. I have pink pout which is more like red but I like the colour anyway. Now I want to try more colours!!! Did not dry out my lips, smells weird but the smell don't last. Anyway, This is good for the money and looks high end. Colour is dry/thinly creamy and with gloss it's like just any gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

I bought MegaLast lipcolor in #363 "Lasting Peony". I'll admit that I didn't really expect much, but now that I bought it I'm pleasantly surprised.

Packaging --> I'm fairly happy with the packaging. No leakage. For $2.99, you get a decent amount of product.

Price --> Obviously, I'm very happy with the price, because I'll be able to buy as many as I want of these.

Color --> I love the color of this gloss. It's kind of a medium, bubblegum pink with a slight shimmer. It's kind of sheer, but noticeably rosey. When you apply the clear gloss, it gets extra shiny and feminine. I love how the pink is -just- pink, there are no tricks thrown in here, and it's not frosty or metallic. This gloss vaguely reminds me of a cheaper version of Too Faced "Love Lisa" lip gloss, which I also adore.

Consistency --> Contrary to some other reviews, this gloss did not dry my lips at all. The pink side can be a bit drying, but mixed with the clear gloss it's not bad. This gloss doesn't last extremely long, as the name would suggest, but it's not a vanisher, either. Unlike some people, I didn't buy this because it promised to be long-lasting (I just liked the color), so naturally I'm not disappointed.

I have to admit, this gloss temporarily renewed my faith in drugstore brands. Maybe I'll try another shade. If you're looking for a cheap alterative to more expensive dual-ended glosses, this would be my recommendation. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2004 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Madelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The quality of this lip gloss is okay, but the color looks completely different when applied. I bought this in Mauve, thinking it looked like a neutral pink shade. When I put it on, I was surprised to see it was a dark, bright hot pink! I won't buy this shade again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by x_SparklingEyes_x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Yuck! I bought this at walmart in #363 (what seemed like a med. rose). it reeks of chemicals. i couldn't bear to wear it long enough to see if it had lasting power. i took away four lipsticks for four different reasons: stinky, goopy, awful iridescence, and making my lips dry as dirt. dont waste ur money on this. go buy something else instead!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As much as I like MegaEYES, I that much hate MegaLIPS.

I purchased #366, the Mauve shade. The color is okay, a bright mauve...certainly not subdued (but I have yet to find anything subdued in this brand!). If you apply a VERY light coat, it looks okay. The topcoat is attached to the lip color, all in one tube. The topcoat is very shiny but sticky, which of course means the topcoat, at least, will last.

The problem comes in the wear...or lack of wear. The color just wipes off, even with the topcoat on (in fact, it wipes off on the topcoat applicator!), without eating or drinking or anything. I found that, after an hour or so, the color product started to break down on my lips, causing a blotchy look. My lips were clean and dry on application, so I just have to assume it is the product itself.

Don't waste your two bucks...it isn't worth it. Spend a few more bucks and buy some nice Outlast Pearls. continued >>