Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/17/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I just don't understand Bare Minerals. I bought some five years ago when I had allergies and couldn't tolerate my normal makeup but my face desperately needed some cover. The first annoying thing was that the sales people refused to sell me one pot of a matched shade but insisted that I purchase one of their starter kits which had 2 foundations, a setting veil, and a violently shaded powder called "Warmth". I ended up buying a separate pot of a mixer shade from eBay to try and use with the foundations, which were just wrong for me (my kit was Tan or something).
I have finally thrown the kit away after many attempts to make this mineral foundation work. I've had days - very few! - when somehow it just looked fantastic, and then I'd do exactly the same thing again and look awful on so many different levels - the product is too shimmery, can leave a strange ashy cast, settles horribly in lines and creases and no, it really doesn't work as a concealer. It also made the pores on my forehead and nose look enormous.
It was so unpredictable that I could never use it on a work day - had to experiment with it on days when I wasn't planning on being too visible!
I'd buff like mad thinking that would make the product work better but all that happened was it somehow became more shimmery, AND the buffing irritated my skin. The only saving grace from this kit was the concealer brush, which is wonderful, and I have to say that the products didn't irritate my skin.
Foundation shouldn't be such hard work and I don't think I'll ever use this or any other brand of mineral foundation again.

on 9/3/2014 2:03:00 AM

This is something that I REALLY wanted to like, but somehow I just...can't :( It's almost impossible to pick the right color for my skin tone even if there are a lot of options. I tried Fairly Medium, but the undertone is too pink for me and makes me look really ashen and weird. Then I bought Light but for some reason it was too dark on me and just made me look orange. I would give another shade a shot if it was a good product but both versions doesn't work for me. The original one made me oily and the matte one just looks super cakey on me.

on 8/27/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this powder is the queen of "in a rush" makeup for me. the color range is terrible and i only used the matte version because the original upset my skin. it lasted really good on me and didnt break me out. i could sleep in it without worries off a break out and that why i liked it so much. but i have moved on to bigge and better things but ill always have fondness for BM matte. the coverage is great and you can layer it on problem areas for more coverage.

This made my face look dirty and dull, now matter how I "buffed." The fact that the word translucent is used to describe this stuff when it is the EXACT opposite blows my mind and makes me STABBY. Playing it fast and loose there. Skip, skip, skip.

on 8/13/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this foundation but its safe to say I really done like it!. :( no matter how much I buff it in with my real techniques buffing and powder brushes it still ends up cakey as hell! it looks like I've dipped my face in a bucket of flour. The shades are terrible aswell I got both the lightest shades available and even mixing them together I can't get the correct shade for my skin. I hate how much you have to buff this stuff into your skin I end up with a sore arm! & my skin starts to exfoliate in the process making it look even worse. Will never purchase again.

on 8/4/2014 2:18:00 AM

I like how it's light weight, but it pretty much covers nothing. It does make people with good skin look better, but for me it didn't do any good. And when i tried to conceal with a small brush with more powder, like how they taught me, it becomes a really obvious patch of orange... so what I did in the end was concealed my blemishes with my own liquid concealer and used the bare mineral powder on top. Tried to make the best out of it.

on 7/29/2014 9:47:00 PM

First off, I have very dry skin, so maybe a powder foundation just wasn't the best formula for me, as it just gave my skin a powdery look. But the main issue was that you know those microscopic little hairs on the skin that are invisible to the naked eye? Well for me, this seemed to cling to all of them & make them visible.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i think this product is more for someone who already has perfect skin and doesnt need much cover up. it didnt help my face at all. it is very bare just like the name.

on 7/8/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This foundation is one of those foundations that you can either live without or it is your absolute holy grail! In my case, it is my absolute holy grail! I cannot live without this, the only downside to this is the packaging, it is plain but not in a sleek, expensive-looking way. It is plain boring:| not a single complaint about the product itself, it lets my skin breathe, which helps my acne. It does not have a scent, it matches my skin colour perfectly!

on 7/6/2014 2:43:00 PM

I bought this product simply because I thought during the summer I would definitely wear a light mineral foundation opposed to my heavier Estée Lauder double wear foundation. However, this foundation is horrible. I applied it with a buffing brush and noticed my skin looked luminous and glowing at first but after and hour I looked super cakey. And at that point I didn't even look oily, I looked straight up greasy.. The only reason I gave this two lippies is because I put on my regular foundation and applied the lightest amount over it for more of a glow. I didn't apply it to set my foundation, I used it as a highlight almost. Over all, I would never buy this again. It cakes up and makes me super oily after a short amount of time.