September 2, 2014 | 1557 users online

Toners - Thayers - Alcohol-free Witch Hazel toner with Aloe Vera

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by damnblondy

Product is nice for someone who is not acne-prone. Both me and my husband used this for a few weeks and were breaking out. Otherwise, good toner. Smell is rather strong but fades after a few mintues.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Komori

Great toner, conditions & tones without drying, even though it contains alcohol. However, as great as this one is, I prefer the moisturizing effects of the Rose formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jmbloom

I just bought this a few weeks ago, and I haven't noticed a complete difference in my skin; however, I like the feeling it leaves right after it has been applied. I had been using Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 2 and I was content with it, but I had never tried anything else really. When I had read the negative reviews on MUA about the Clinique I decided maybe I should try something else. Well, I bought the Thayers and I have to say, it makes my skin feel a little smoother, not as tight. I didn't like the idea of putting alcohol on my face, because they say your skin will just reproduce more oil when alcohol removes what's already there. The Thayers left my skin smooth and cool. It actually felt somewhat moisturized, too, although, I still use a moisturizer after. I am happy with this toner. I feel that if you are going to use a toner, this is a very gentle one with nice results!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Linglish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a week, and I already feel a difference in my skin! It's become much smoother and softer- This stuff is great- and dirt cheap to boot! The only negative thing I have to say is that the bottle leaks BADLY- I'm joining the rest of you who transferred to a different container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ChaosAndCandy

I have fair, combo/oily, slightly acne-prone skin, and recently decided to buy some gentler products to replace the three-step Pro Activ system I'd been using for four years. I bought this toner for about $8 at my local health food store. Not the lowest price in the world for witch hazel, but you do get a lot for your money. It would take a very long time to run out of this. I really liked that this has no alcohol in it, and I think it does a good job of wiping off anything my cleanser didn't. That said, I personally need a little bit more out of a toner, so this wasn't suitable for me. I won't repurchase, but I definitely recommend this for someone who wants a gentle toner that doesn't have any real effect other than extra cleaning.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lovinmemphis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fair sensitive/acne-prone skin. This is the BEST toner I've ever bought, period. I've been using it for a week and it has eliminated all the red splotchiness in my skin, as well as help lighten some old marks from spots I picked at. Oooooh and it doesn't burn my eyes!! I ordered it from www.thayers.com because we don't have Whole Foods in Alabama... :( It did take me awhile to get used to the herby smell, but now I barely notice it. FANTASTIC! I will totally repurchase, but it won't be for a lonnnng time because you get SO much in the bottle!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2006 9:12:00 AM More reviews by heatherette21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this toner from Whole Foods based on the reviews and I have to say that I LOVE this toner. It is super gentle for my acne-prone/sensitive skin and I see all the makeup/dirt coming off when I use it. I also bought the medicated witch hazel toner but that has 20% alchohol and camphor which cools off your skin. But for cleaning the skin, I think this is a better alternative. I also think this toner is better than $60 Sisley Floral toner that I used to buy. So it is great for now, but I will see how my skin acts a few weeks later.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by kc_sunshine1

This product is one of those products you use just for fun because it just doesnt do much. I use it on occasion after cleansing if my skin is feeling particularly irritated. I keep a bottle in the fridge and it feels soothing and temporarily calms down any irritation I may have. That said, if you are looking for a product to make your skin better or clear up your skin, this probably isnt it. Overall, this will always be a staple for me as a product I can rely on to not cause any adverse reactions on my very sensitive skin. My skintype: very, very sensitive, acne prone, slightly dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by elsieowner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another discovery I made thaks to MUA. I put this in a spray bottle and mist it on my face frequently. I don't know if it's helping my skin, but it sure isn't hurting anything. It is nice and refreshing and doesn't smell as bad as normal witch hazel. I will use forever- and I don't even like toners!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Robyn27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap while trying to find something light and soothing that doesn't have alcohol to help with my acne-prone skin. It's great!! I use it at night after cleansing and before putting on moisturizer and there is always a little bit of makeup on the cotton ball, which means that it's doing a great job of cleaning. I have not (thank gosh!!!) had a break-out since I started using it. Considering I'm coming on my period this week and haven't had a massive break-out (i.e., 4 or 5 big and painful zits), this stuff is amazing and I will continue to use it!!!!

The only negative thing is that, yes, the bottle does leak. But what I do is just take the cap off and tip it upside down onto my cotton ball. If I do it that way, it doesn't leak at all. For travelling, I'll just put it into a smaller bottle. No big deal.