September 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Fragrances - Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by deborahy30004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An inexpensive perfurme that tends to turn a bit sour on me. I bought it to layer on top of my rose shower gel and body lotion. I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for the price, this is an excellent true rose scent. some roses sour on the drydown, but this one stays true all day. that being said, i don't generally want to smell like a walking rose, so i think this is more useful for it's layering qualities. as has been said, spritz and walk through w/the tea rose, then apply your layering choice on top. tea rose is also useful as a linen spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by 1hotredhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tea Rose is a nostalgic scent for me-reminds me of high school and my first love, who loved to smell it on me. To me it smells like roses in full bloom on a warm, rainy spring day. It actually also reminds me of a rose bush that grew in my great aunt's garden-the roses were huge and a beautiful shade of bright, bubblegum pink. You could smell them just by standing near the bush! Some people have said it is too strong, but ANY scent can be too strong-it all depends on how much you put on and your personal body chemistry. I don't think it's an "old" scent at all-probably because I associate it with being a teenager and in love for the first time, I guess. For me it's a "pick me up" scent-one I wear on a dreary or not-so-good day to give me that warm, "in love" walking on air feeling. Over all I love it and hey-you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes... this smells a little bit old like an old lady someone have said but.... I Love It! It smells like a wet red roses. Something remind me of a vintage intricate layer of lace in the spring cottage.... something like that. Everytime I wear it, I always get compliments on how sophisticated it is. It just smells like something you can get addict on. Consider myself usually into something more green and citrusy so this is definitely a rare case.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 8:37:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you like the sweet, clean, smell of fresh roses, this is definitely something to try. Incredibly reasonably priced too. It's simply pure fresh rose. And romance (does that sound cliche?). Although, not everyone's cup of tea, apparently, from the reviews i've read here. Oddly, it does not remind me of a "Nana" scent, probably because a young, hip, friend of mine ranked this as her favourite perfume, thus shall always remind me of her. I like it, great to wear for spring/summer, long-lasting, and inoffensive. This is the best quality rose perfume i've ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My husband remembered me wearing this a number of years ago, and bought it as a gift. Now I enjoy it more as a layer with other rose based perfumes. A bit boring on its own for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by drcaligari

It's really cheap, but smells like a grandmother who knits woolly things, or a romantic and underpaid governess. However, I'm underpaid, sometimes I knit, and sometimes I'm romantic, and would like a cheap perfume that smells like wet roses.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2006 4:30:00 AM More reviews by oople

I swapped for this since I'm on a major rose kick. I was really excited to get this one...but I had a bad reaction at first sniff. I suddenly thought about being a child and not liking someone who smelled like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2006 2:36:00 PM More reviews by flieslikeasparrow

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I myself would not wear this; but it is a scent that I associate with my mother who used to drown herself in it. Big red, droopy, half rotting roses that lay across a corpse in a casket - that's what this Tea Rose reminds me of.
Funeral parlour flowers. Flowers for the dead. Too sweet, too close, too much.
Almost makes you ill to be around them but you lean in for more, you bury your nose in them because they're so damn beautiful.

Ah mom. I miss you so!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just like real roses. Lovely layered with "Stella". Spritz & walk thru. Lasts and lasts. It's what a dignified lady sipping tea on her terrace on a spring day would smell like. The essence of womenhood. If you spray just right, people will just think you smell naturally beautiful.