November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Fragrances - Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

For what it is, this scent rocks. I reiterate the previous "Rosasaurus Rex" comments -- this is MONSTROUSLY strong. I actually (snort, giggle) have a PARFUM in this as well as the eponymous EDP. Also, it is one-note. The bottle says "Tea Rose" and, well, tea rose is exactly what you get. But for layering, there is nothing quite like this -- the single note quality actually works in its favor. Further, there are always those days when you feel like wearing long, droopy, printed cotton skirts, pulling your hair into frizzy chaos, carrying a big book bag, and channeling your inner hippie/Boho. Tea Rose is the perfume for those days, or for wine-and-roses sad break-up days. And it's incredibly cheap, almost always at TJs, and pretty universally wearable. It's gorgeous with an overlayer of lemon or orange, or over an underlayer of orange or lemon essential oil.

My only caveat is, THIS IS EXTREMELY POTENT STUFF! EXTREMELY!!!! Spray one spray in front of yourself and walk into it. See how that works for you. If you cannot abide spraying, decant a bit into a sample vial and just touch the thin applicator from the sample vial to one wrist, rub wrists together, rub on neck, and then leave this alone. Sit on it for a day and see, again, how it works for you. The problem with Tea Rose is that it is a sillage monster. You may not smell it strongly, you may not think you're blasting. But you are.

Example: I sprayed this on a bit too enthusiastically (a wine-and-roses break-up episode). I got in my car. I drove to a hippie-boho festival event, outside thankfully. I spent the evening outside and still people from across the walkway to booths on the other side made comments about roses. Three days later I got in my car and realized the car STILL smelled of roses. A week later I did my laundry. When I opened the bag at the laundramat... everything was permeated with the scent of roses. I could still smell it AFTER I did the laundry. I like roses, so this wasn't a bad thing, but it is an INSTRUCTIVE thing, no?

Spray carefully and monitor. NEVER let a teenager have this without controlling use carefully. Do not leave it unsupervised around small children who open things. Do not leave it unsupervised around small children who have never, heretofore, demonstrated an interest in opening things -- there is always a first time. But do enjoy; it is very lovely in its way.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by niferphoto

Well I've purchased this for over 20 years - so I'd say it works on me! They key with this scent is to just use a little, it's very strong - so you don't need much. I've been complimented more times that I can count on this. I'll be paying for groceries, in line at the library, out to lunch with friends - and some stranger will say: "is that you that smells like roses? It's wonderful!" 99 time out of 100 it''s a man too. For some reason men really like this scent on me. I guess it depends how it reacts to your body chemistry - but for me this is perfect. Oh and I didn't even mention the price! How can you beat that!?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by deborahy30004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An inexpensive perfurme that tends to turn a bit sour on me. I bought it to layer on top of my rose shower gel and body lotion. I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for the price, this is an excellent true rose scent. some roses sour on the drydown, but this one stays true all day. that being said, i don't generally want to smell like a walking rose, so i think this is more useful for it's layering qualities. as has been said, spritz and walk through w/the tea rose, then apply your layering choice on top. tea rose is also useful as a linen spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by 1hotredhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tea Rose is a nostalgic scent for me-reminds me of high school and my first love, who loved to smell it on me. To me it smells like roses in full bloom on a warm, rainy spring day. It actually also reminds me of a rose bush that grew in my great aunt's garden-the roses were huge and a beautiful shade of bright, bubblegum pink. You could smell them just by standing near the bush! Some people have said it is too strong, but ANY scent can be too strong-it all depends on how much you put on and your personal body chemistry. I don't think it's an "old" scent at all-probably because I associate it with being a teenager and in love for the first time, I guess. For me it's a "pick me up" scent-one I wear on a dreary or not-so-good day to give me that warm, "in love" walking on air feeling. Over all I love it and hey-you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes... this smells a little bit old like an old lady someone have said but.... I Love It! It smells like a wet red roses. Something remind me of a vintage intricate layer of lace in the spring cottage.... something like that. Everytime I wear it, I always get compliments on how sophisticated it is. It just smells like something you can get addict on. Consider myself usually into something more green and citrusy so this is definitely a rare case.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 8:37:00 AM More reviews by danielle104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you like the sweet, clean, smell of fresh roses, this is definitely something to try. Incredibly reasonably priced too. It's simply pure fresh rose. And romance (does that sound cliche?). Although, not everyone's cup of tea, apparently, from the reviews i've read here. Oddly, it does not remind me of a "Nana" scent, probably because a young, hip, friend of mine ranked this as her favourite perfume, thus shall always remind me of her. I like it, great to wear for spring/summer, long-lasting, and inoffensive. This is the best quality rose perfume i've ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My husband remembered me wearing this a number of years ago, and bought it as a gift. Now I enjoy it more as a layer with other rose based perfumes. A bit boring on its own for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by drcaligari

It's really cheap, but smells like a grandmother who knits woolly things, or a romantic and underpaid governess. However, I'm underpaid, sometimes I knit, and sometimes I'm romantic, and would like a cheap perfume that smells like wet roses.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2006 4:30:00 AM More reviews by oople

I swapped for this since I'm on a major rose kick. I was really excited to get this one...but I had a bad reaction at first sniff. I suddenly thought about being a child and not liking someone who smelled like this.