Sally Hansen Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Daily Nail Growth Treatment

3.9

on 8/6/2010 1:17:00 PM

I have been trying to wait and write after I have tried MG for a week...I am on day 5 now and I have to tell you, my nails look amazing after only five days of a coat a day...This stuff works...and the price is TDF...I reserve the right to see how time works with this but for now...I am totally impressed with MG...
One OP said it was thick and gunky...I havn't noticed that...I do keep it in the refrig and leave it out for about five minutes before I use it...Maybe that keeps it from being thick and hard to dry?...

on 7/23/2010 11:10:00 AM

Really like this product. I randomly picked it up one day at the drug store because I needed something as a bottom coat. Although I don't think it makes my nails grow longer, it definitely made them chip a lot less. It also made my nails harder, which helped a lot against chipping and breaking.

The only problem with this product is it's so.. gunky and thick. That put me off from using it once I used more thanl.. 3/4 of the bottle. And it takes quite a long time to dry. For some reason, mine seemed to stay in this semi state of stickiness after more than a minute.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this stuff makes my nails grow noticeably OVERNIGHT!!!! plus its cheap, but I can't find it anywhere anymore!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this product and have been using it for quite some time now! It's like $5 at the drug store depending where you go. My nails are short and brittle and break easily so I find that this really gets the job done! It's also a nice top coat over nail polish. It made my nails hard and they weren't breaking, and they were growing fast and getting to a nice length within a week. I ran out and need to re-purchase this asap. It's def worth the money and does what it says!

on 7/2/2010 8:38:00 AM

Okay it claims to grow your nail faster.........but it doesn't but the reason i gave it two lippies is because its a good top coat

~cons~ doesn't grow your nail longer
~pros~ good top coat

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I always apply this before I put my nail polish on and to be honest it has not done anything for me, I have not noticed that they grow faster, ;(

on 4/26/2010 8:12:00 PM

I got this stuff for like $4 at my local grocery store when it was on sale, so the price is really awesome.
I recently decided to quit biting my nails. I think it was time! They were starting to get all deformed... LOL
ANYWAYS, I used this stuff alone for a week, then started pairing it with nail polishes.
I feel like my nails are growing really fast while not losing any strength, though I didn't really test out the product by using it on one hand and not using it on the other. Maybe my nails always grew really quickly all along and I never knew?
They're healthy and grown out now :) that's all that matters!
I use this as a base coat and a top coat, and it makes my nail color really vibrant and shiny.

on 3/21/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ever since turning 45 my nails will not grow worth beans, and products that used to strengthen them (Barielle, Nailtiques) no longer work. My nails are dry and peeling. In desperation I turned to this product. It really didn't seem to do much - my nails remained dry and peely whenever I removed the product. They did not get thicker or healthier.

Finally after about 3 weeks (following instructions religiously) it seemed like it was working...my nails were getting longer, even though they were still pretty thin, and they weren't peeling as much when I removed the polish. Well, literally THE MORNING that I was planning to write a glowing review, guess what happened? Four of my nails just snapped off. Goodbye, glowing reivew!

Yes, this may make your nails hard but will also make them totally BRITTLE. Anyway, I've now cut my nails down to the fingertips and am looking for a new nail strengthener (sigh). This is basically just a glorified clear polish but a bit gunkier (it's already getting too thick to use after just 3 weeks) and more expensive.

on 2/8/2010 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Misinterpreting the instructions, I applied a coat of this treatment polish one day and then removed it the next day and applied a new coat, repeating that process every day for a week and saw absolutely no results. Disappointed, I reread the back of the bottle and realized that "fresh coat" doesn't necessarily mean "remove your present coat, then apply a new one." So for the next few days, I applied a fresh coat on top of what was already on my nails, and wow. In just those few days, my nails grew significantly and are stronger than they were last week. I'm very impressed!

on 9/10/2009 11:49:00 PM

This is an amazing product. It really works. I had perfect nails and broke one, instead of cutting the others down, I wore pale nail polish (so it wasn't obvious) and I swear that it grew back within a week! Amazing product at a great price. I'm a massive fan of Sally Hansen fan.

word of warning- When I did my mani/pedi, I used this product-big mistake! I had to cut my toenails again after a few days!