September 18, 2014 | 1393 users online

Loose Powders - Lancome - Photogenic Loose powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 6:40:00 PM More reviews by SaucyMinx

I love this product! It makes my skin glow. I was always scared of powders because I was afraid they emphasized my pores, but this powder makes my skin look so healthy. I never use the puff that is included, instead I shake out some on a tissue and apply it with a large brush. Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2004 1:15:00 AM More reviews by theproudtexan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For loose powder, it's really expensive, and I can't figure out why. Since L'Oreal and Lancome are made by the same company, I can't understand why you wouldn't just purchase the L'Oreal. I get a little too dewey in the summer and told the Lancome sales rep that I wanted something to control shine. This is what she gave me, and today at noon, I looked like I was SWEATING. It was awful. I carry some Sephora pressed powder in my purse which, thankfully, fixed the problem, but I've used cheaper powders and gotten better effects, so when I'm out, I'll stick to the cheaper stuff. Powder's powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2004 1:49:00 AM More reviews by sanarae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lovely, natural, glowy look. Makes my skin look fabulous. I have it in Light Buff. It's not sheer, does provide some coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 3:37:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This is a loose powder that contains the same light reflecting pigments their foundation has. This made my skin look dewy and gave it a pretty glow. However, I just love my Laura Mercier's loose powder in translucent much more. This one feels heavier than LM's.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kkeria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best there is, hands down. I don't how its possible but, it wears beautifully throughout the day (never changing color as some powders do), it covers well (it's all I wear on my skin to even it out) and it's almost impossible to goof on picking a shade because they're all somewhat translucent. I use pale beige throughout the year, from when I'm moderately light in the winter, to tan in the summer. (I do have to switch when I get dark) I'm now on my 4th jar.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2004 11:09:00 PM More reviews by isara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I used Lancome's Poudre Majeur for what seemed like a very long time and was a perfectly happy person until one day it was gone so I got the Photogenic. I was really disappointed in it because the translucent is not translucent and the other light shade (Light Buff I think) was a bit dark for me even though the Ivorie looked too pink to me. I'm without a loose powder grail right now so I might go back to this in the future.

I would not say this is a silky powder. Compared to the poudre majeur this is like sand. It's a talc based powder, what can I say about it? It's not worth the money. It's not horrible, but I could get the same thing from drugstore powders.

On the other hand I like the new packaging. I thought the old packaging was a bit too fancy for my humble bathroom counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2003 12:54:00 PM More reviews by BluKrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this loose powder since Dec 2002. I bought it because I needed something to touch up with on my wedding day. So it's been 10 months now, and the only thing I want to complain about is its oil-controlling power. I'd say it's got none! Nonetheless, this powder is really fine, sheer. It never looks cakey on. As a matter of fact, this gives a light coverage which makes my skintone more even. Generally, it's worth to try this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2003 5:12:00 PM More reviews by missmarie1977

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very smooth and silky setting powder. I use this in Ivoire, which lends a fine, sheer veil of coverage over my foundation. This powder never looks cakey or fakey and creates a perfect canvas. My only problem with this is the new packaging. Why did they change this? The new, clear, screwtop pot looks so cheap, plus there's less product than the older black case, but it's still the same price! Sadly, all the new Lancome packaging looks cheaper and flimsier, but what can you do?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2003 2:24:00 AM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using Clinique blended face powder for several years, and I decided to try other brand of loose powder after I found Transparency 3 has becoming too dark for me. After I saw the positive reviews from MuA members here, I decided to give it a try (I tried pressed powder at first. Unfortunately, it get cakey after 2-3 hours)The photogenic loose powders' granule is *very* fine and it does't streak after 8 hours wearing, even though it does requires more times touch-up than Clinique (apply with portable loose powder brush, instead of the pad that is included in the jar)By the way, I really like the almost-undetecable spark shine,which seems to brighten the cheek the undereyes part.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2003 8:51:00 PM More reviews by TaraKerr

I have extremely oily skin...I mean an oil slick.....so this doesn't keep my oilies at bay. However it does help; only have to touch up 4 or 5 times a day as compared to about 10X before! Looks great when makeup is 1st put on but as the day goes......so does my makeup! Just ordered Laura Mercier loose so we'll see how that goes! Until then we'll keep using the Lancome. :)