October 23, 2014 | 1938 users online

Foundations - Kanebo - cream finish foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 3:02:00 PM More reviews by chilli

This is what I use in the winter, when my combo skin is on the dry side. Being the lightest PPP in the world, Kanebo's lightest shade is almost perfect for me.
This foundation cover nicely, doesn't break me out (it's a miracle!), and deliveres the most natural result.
If you have combo or oily skin I recommend you choose Liquid Finish. It has all the good points of Cream Finish, but helps to keep the oilies away better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 8:25:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that I am really impressed with the quality of this foundation. I received a week-long sample that I used everyday for the entire week. This foundation has a light, whipped texture and is loaded with pigment..I much prefer this over KA SSE because it is far easier to blend. Kanebo blends to a beautiful finish without caking up in your pores. Furthermore, it isn't loaded with fragrance like LP Skin Caviar; which has me liking this even more. (price is cheaper too @ 60 USD) I am planning on purchasing a full bottle and skipping the LP Skin Caviar foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by souz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great foundation. I really hesitated about buying an expensive foundation like this, because I've never really used foundation on a regular basis before. I'm only 15, and my skin is pretty clear, but I have problems with undereye circles and my skintone isn't very even. I'm glad I bought it because this really makes my skin look flawless! I'm not sure if I like the packaging. Allthough you're able to get the last drops of product out of them (which is a huge plus), it can also get messy :( I'd definately buy this again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2003 8:54:00 AM More reviews by a67penguin

In my search for HG material (I don't know if finding the definitive product really is my goal, or whether it is the search itself...) I stumbled upon this fx. Honestly, were it not for the BG $25 coupon sale last week, I wouldn't have bothered.... however, I'm glad I did. This comes in a egg shaped jar made of durable frosted glass, and has a screw on heavy sort of lid. There's a bit more than an ounce of product in it (retails for $60). Now-- it looks like whipped cream in the jar, and you are to scoop out the cream with the spoon that's provided with the foundation. You don't need much, but you need more than, say, the heavily pigmented products like CPD or KA SSE. The consistency of the Kanebo, in the jar however, resembles these other products.
Coverage is whipped cream light, however, there's enough there to conceal old spots and minor redness/circles, etc. I found I needed to dab a bit of concealer around the eyes. To use, I recommend taking a spoonful of it (the spoon is pretty small) and dabbing it with your fingers onto your problem/red areas. Then use a DAMP sponge to blend, blend, blend. The finish is certainly heavier than my beloved Becca LSF, but what isn't? The feel of it, however, is akin to the Becca. I highly recommend this. I wear "natural beige," which appears much darker in the jar than it appears on the skin when applied. Try it out, esp. if you can get it during a sale special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2003 4:26:00 PM More reviews by bairn

This is advertised as a medium to full-coverage foundation for drier complexions - and it performs as such. The finish is neither matte nor satiny, it's somewhere in between. I wear it in winter, when I need extra coverage and for photos. I have combination skin, from slightly oily to extremely dry that prefers creamy textures, so it performs great even on my problem parts with a minimum of loose powder. It won't absorb oil though, and those who are acne-prone should stay away, dry or not, it's too rich.

This foundation is extremely well pigmented, and excellent coverage is one of its purposes, so if you don't want coverage, this isn't for you. Lively blending is a must, and you can use a sponge for medium coverage. If it cakes or looks like a mask, you're probably using too much, not blending enough or maybe you're too oily to use it. This comes with a spatula, and I only need half the pea-size for my entire face. A pump dispenser wouldn't be an option, the product is too compact, and too much would go to waste in a tube packaging. Also, I strongly agree with rhg1 on the part about the moisturizer. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 4:33:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

I think this would be an excellent base if you need good coverage and don't want to look over cooked. I was a little surprised by the coverage, I'm used to sheer now. This is med/full, to my eyes more full. I find I need a good base of moisturiser or it can be a bit stiff and rather dry to apply. Leaves a matte finish that doesn't add to my t-zone shine and makes skin look smooth and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this in Pearl Ivory as well, the palest shade in the line, and it works great on my cool toned PPP skin. Gives your skin a matte, flawless finish. I have used Cle de peau, Armani, La Prairie, and this is my favourite so far! Great customer service as well. **Edited: I have been using this for a few weeks now, and just have to totally rave about it still! Seriously, my skin looks totally flawless, yet natural, am curious to try the liquid version now, LOL!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2003 4:07:00 PM More reviews by mandy122f

After searching for a long time, I have found a colour match for my very pale skin (ivory pearl in this product) . An added bonus is that it makes the skin look flawless, and has good staying power. May be more suitable for slightly drier skins, although mine is combination (oily T zone) and I've had no problems so far.