January 27, 2015 | 1010 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Santal Face Treatment oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i needed a product that really moisturised because i am on roaccutane. so i bought this before my skin really started to get badly dry as a precautionary. i also bought superdefense moisturizer by clinique and this worked out to be about 20 dollars cheaper and will last about 6 months (according to the clarins sa) compared to the 2 months that it would take me to get through the superdefense (if i was using it as my only moisturizer). it comes in quite a small glass jar and never leaks. you dont need much, the most economical way to use it is to make sure your face is damp (with toner or water) after cleansing with then pour a small amount into your hand, rub your palms together then press both hands onto your face until you have distributed the oil evenly over your face. the oil soaks in very quickly but it does leave a sheen to your face.it says to only use this at night but ive found myself using it day and night except that in the daytime i follow the face oil with the superdefense which has an spf.i only use a little of the superdefense and only for the spf not because i need extra moisture (and roaccutane does give you crazily dry skin).it claims to reduce redness, i did not notice any change in redness when i was using it at night.however once i started using this in the daytime too, redness around and on my nose and cheeks has faded a little, i dont know whether this is because my skin is being soothed or well moisturized or because of the formulation of the oil but i have noticed a difference.now that im using it twice a day it wont last as long but it is still going to last me a looooong time! i really love the smell of this too and i think its a great product.it is fast becoming a HG.
edit: i still love this stuff but i have gone through it really fast so i think that it will actually only last me 2 months and a half to get through one bottle but its a reasonable price for the quality if i buy it on strawberrynet so i will continue to purchase.the skin is looking really good so im happy.i wake up to beautiful radiant, soft, peaches and cream skin and really noticed the difference when i didnt use it.just recieved my 2nd bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 4:10:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! I'm one of those people who never thought they’d someday be using oil on their face: I have sensitive combo skin that breaks out very easily. But after reading MUA reviews I decided to purchase Santal Face Oil last winter. And I must tell you, that was one of the best winters I’ve ever had… skin-wise ;) Now I continue to use it a few times a week. Like suggested, I use it at night. It absorbs quickly and my skin looks and feels so much more moisturized and smoother in the morning. I also cannot praise the cardamom scent enough! It is, by far, one of my favourite spices.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ltiwdt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't say I love this, but it definitely helps during the driest nights of winter. The smell is strong and herbal-lly and the application can be awkward (be careful when pouring-it WILL spill all over your hands!) But it definitely does the job. It's good for an added layer of moisture anytime, or mix a few drops in w/your regular moisturizer.
UPDATE: Have been using this for months now, and it really does rock. Would def. repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Tzapiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for 4 months at it worked fine, but now it doesn't want anymore... I think it is a good product, it really helped my skin making it softer and more radiant. I really liked it, but I don't know if i will buy it again...I guess not.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by candlewood18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has done my dry skin a lot of good and has even toned down the redness in my cheeks. A little goes a long way and it is very easy to apply, although I agree that a pump bottle would be nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sck279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/dehydrated and reactive skin and this truly calms and nourishes my skin over night for super soft, plump skin or during day under a mask. I pair it with Multi Active night cream or Pevonia creams and it really soaks in and does a great job. I just wish the bottle had a pump top to make application easier. Just buy an eye dropper to ease this...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by echong550

Great stuff for red and dry cheeks. Cleared mine up in about a week. I use it every night before I go to bed and the redness is gone in the morning. The oil is not oily at all and sinks in. Wouldn't recommended it for the oily parts of your face, it'll just cause pimples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 8:50:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in wintertime when my combination skin had gone really dry, I even had red dry patches on my cheeks. I applied this on moist face in the evening (you can't really use it in daytime, it is after all an oil and it would be impossible applying makeup on it) and in just a few days my skin felt smooth, all the dryness has gone. I'm still using this in the night on my cheeks even though my skin isn't that dry anymore, it doesn't seem to clogg pores, cause breakouts, it feels light and makes my skin baby smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by littlebabynothing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, this oil is fantastic! It has really helped me getting rid of ruddy, dry and slightly red patches in my face. I use this at night of course. At first I was a little scared of using oil but it was no problem. I put it on when the skin is slightly damp after cleansing and toning and dont use too much and NOT near the eyes. It has made a huge difference to my skin, both surface and skintone has improved. And last but not least the smell is so nice it smells just like cardamom.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2004 11:10:00 AM More reviews by twang29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff works wonders. Healed my irritated reddish skin and kept it soft & glowing. Love it!