Clarins Santal Face Treatment oil

4.5

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Fragrance, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral.

on 11/12/2007 11:51:00 AM

Firstly ..who the hell designed this bottle .. I always end up with too little or wayyyyy too much.

I must say .. I'm sold on Clarins hydra quench cream, but thought it wasn't "moisturing" enough and my skin cenuals hydrating b5 gel seems to be creating small bumps on my skin (eeooow) ... so I got this along with the lotus oil, for when my skin feels a little tight or needs that extra moisture.

I must say this isn't the smell I "love" ..it's very clove-ish and not the one I am inclined to... but my skin has been responding very well to it and it plumps up my skin and I have this glowing skin now .. i'm not sure if it's this product alone that's doing it (I follow this one up with clarins hydra-quench cream and use the lotus oil for most times), but over all .. i have touchably soft, amazingly healthy looking skin and it hasn't broken out my combination skin.

Love it. Love it.

on 10/23/2007 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

a must have product everyday! i have been using santal oil and orchidee bleue oil ever since i was recommanded by my friend as i have very bad ezyma skin. it helps in soothing, moisturzing and giving my skin a glow.. thanks to clarins! if u have problem with ezyma prone skin, highly recommanded! don't use doctors cream anymore, it juz worsen the condition.

I was worried about using this as I have combination skin, but it was recommended by the SA to use it every other night as a treatment as the skin on my cheeks is dry. Im not too keen on the smell of this and when applied my face is quite oily, but in the mornig my skin looks fab, its really moisturised and has a glow to it. Hasnt made my Tzone more oily (i only get slightly oily anyway) . The redness I have always had around my nose is also lessening (I note that this could be a combination of the other Clarins products I am using) As my skin is better moisturised my makeup is going on much more smoothly. This product will last me ages as I only need to use a small amount. I will definately repurchase this. Took 1 lippie off due to the smell which is quite strong.

on 7/11/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i needed a product that really moisturised because i am on roaccutane. so i bought this before my skin really started to get badly dry as a precautionary. i also bought superdefense moisturizer by clinique and this worked out to be about 20 dollars cheaper and will last about 6 months (according to the clarins sa) compared to the 2 months that it would take me to get through the superdefense (if i was using it as my only moisturizer). it comes in quite a small glass jar and never leaks. you dont need much, the most economical way to use it is to make sure your face is damp (with toner or water) after cleansing with then pour a small amount into your hand, rub your palms together then press both hands onto your face until you have distributed the oil evenly over your face. the oil soaks in very quickly but it does leave a sheen to your face.it says to only use this at night but ive found myself using it day and night except that in the daytime i follow the face oil with the superdefense which has an spf.i only use a little of the superdefense and only for the spf not because i need extra moisture (and roaccutane does give you crazily dry skin).it claims to reduce redness, i did not notice any change in redness when i was using it at night.however once i started using this in the daytime too, redness around and on my nose and cheeks has faded a little, i dont know whether this is because my skin is being soothed or well moisturized or because of the formulation of the oil but i have noticed a difference.now that im using it twice a day it wont last as long but it is still going to last me a looooong time! i really love the smell of this too and i think its a great product.it is fast becoming a HG.
edit: i still love this stuff but i have gone through it really fast so i think that it will actually only last me 2 months and a half to get through one bottle but its a reasonable price for the quality if i buy it on strawberrynet so i will continue to purchase.the skin is looking really good so im happy.i wake up to beautiful radiant, soft, peaches and cream skin and really noticed the difference when i didnt use it.just recieved my 2nd bottle.

on 5/30/2007 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this product! I'm one of those people who never thought they’d someday be using oil on their face: I have sensitive combo skin that breaks out very easily. But after reading MUA reviews I decided to purchase Santal Face Oil last winter. And I must tell you, that was one of the best winters I’ve ever had… skin-wise ;) Now I continue to use it a few times a week. Like suggested, I use it at night. It absorbs quickly and my skin looks and feels so much more moisturized and smoother in the morning. I also cannot praise the cardamom scent enough! It is, by far, one of my favourite spices.

on 2/17/2007 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Can't say I love this, but it definitely helps during the driest nights of winter. The smell is strong and herbal-lly and the application can be awkward (be careful when pouring-it WILL spill all over your hands!) But it definitely does the job. It's good for an added layer of moisture anytime, or mix a few drops in w/your regular moisturizer.
UPDATE: Have been using this for months now, and it really does rock. Would def. repurchase!

on 4/22/2006 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used this for 4 months at it worked fine, but now it doesn't want anymore... I think it is a good product, it really helped my skin making it softer and more radiant. I really liked it, but I don't know if i will buy it again...I guess not.

on 4/19/2006 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has done my dry skin a lot of good and has even toned down the redness in my cheeks. A little goes a long way and it is very easy to apply, although I agree that a pump bottle would be nice.

on 3/17/2006 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have dry/dehydrated and reactive skin and this truly calms and nourishes my skin over night for super soft, plump skin or during day under a mask. I pair it with Multi Active night cream or Pevonia creams and it really soaks in and does a great job. I just wish the bottle had a pump top to make application easier. Just buy an eye dropper to ease this...

on 7/22/2005 12:49:00 AM

Great stuff for red and dry cheeks. Cleared mine up in about a week. I use it every night before I go to bed and the redness is gone in the morning. The oil is not oily at all and sinks in. Wouldn't recommended it for the oily parts of your face, it'll just cause pimples.

Popular Treatments (Face)