July 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Santal Face Treatment oil

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Tzapiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for 4 months at it worked fine, but now it doesn't want anymore... I think it is a good product, it really helped my skin making it softer and more radiant. I really liked it, but I don't know if i will buy it again...I guess not.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by candlewood18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has done my dry skin a lot of good and has even toned down the redness in my cheeks. A little goes a long way and it is very easy to apply, although I agree that a pump bottle would be nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sck279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/dehydrated and reactive skin and this truly calms and nourishes my skin over night for super soft, plump skin or during day under a mask. I pair it with Multi Active night cream or Pevonia creams and it really soaks in and does a great job. I just wish the bottle had a pump top to make application easier. Just buy an eye dropper to ease this...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by echong550

Great stuff for red and dry cheeks. Cleared mine up in about a week. I use it every night before I go to bed and the redness is gone in the morning. The oil is not oily at all and sinks in. Wouldn't recommended it for the oily parts of your face, it'll just cause pimples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 8:50:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in wintertime when my combination skin had gone really dry, I even had red dry patches on my cheeks. I applied this on moist face in the evening (you can't really use it in daytime, it is after all an oil and it would be impossible applying makeup on it) and in just a few days my skin felt smooth, all the dryness has gone. I'm still using this in the night on my cheeks even though my skin isn't that dry anymore, it doesn't seem to clogg pores, cause breakouts, it feels light and makes my skin baby smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by littlebabynothing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, this oil is fantastic! It has really helped me getting rid of ruddy, dry and slightly red patches in my face. I use this at night of course. At first I was a little scared of using oil but it was no problem. I put it on when the skin is slightly damp after cleansing and toning and dont use too much and NOT near the eyes. It has made a huge difference to my skin, both surface and skintone has improved. And last but not least the smell is so nice it smells just like cardamom.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2004 11:10:00 AM More reviews by twang29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff works wonders. Healed my irritated reddish skin and kept it soft & glowing. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kimm

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! This product is fabulous. I have skin that is 99% clear (I get about two zits a year), but it takes three prescription products to get it that way. Consequently, my face is clear year round, but very irritated, dry, and red (the only other thing I use in my skincare routine is Cetaphil cleanser day & night and the RX products before bed). From reading the previous reviews, I decided to give this a try.

It totally smooths out your skin and eliminates the redness. It has left my skin silky smooth. I was skeptical that an oil would help and was concerned that it would just break me out. Au contraire. I also had concerns that since Clarins products are highly fragranced, they wouldn't be good for my dry & sensitive skin. That wasn't the case at all. I've had supposedly "allergy-tested, fragrance-free" problems cause much more problems than this. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2003 4:48:00 AM More reviews by wor102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to thank the reviewer before me. I have had a very hypersensitive facial skin lately because of retin-A. Now that I have stopped using Retin-A, it still leaves reddish dry areas on my face. I had tried many moisterizers, but did not help soothe the redness a bit. Until I got a small sample for Clarins' Total Double Serum, I found that my skin responded well with it, particularly the oil part of the product (the product has two parts:oil and serum). However, Total Double Serum is very expensive ($75). So, I searched for a cheaper product. Then, I found santal oil. I was reluctant at first because there was only one review. But my skin really needed medication because the redness seemed to get worse as the winter has come. So, I gave it a try. It works really well. My red patches are gone within an hour. It does not grease my face too much but soften and calm my skin very well. Thanks Clarins for saving my face.

Update: This product is also good for preventing stretch mark and crack skin. I've used it since I was 5 month pregnant. Now, I'm at 7.5 month, and I don't see any marks and cracks at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 3:00:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an oil for very dry and couperosa skin. I can definitely say that this makes my skincolor more even. in this winter I havent had such a terribly dry skin as last winter. I dont know. It might be thanks to Clarins.
The only thing I dont like abaut it is that "poor from the bottle" solution. Spraysolution would work better.