September 21, 2014 | 1004 users online

Palettes - MAC - Pro Colour Palette/Small Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I finally got myself a couple of the 15-pan palettes and boy did they help. I have mostly palettes and loose mineral shadows so for right now I have one 15-pan palette of mattes (mostly neutral colors) and one of frosts and shimmers (mostly bright colors). I have mostly Urban Decay and Smashbox eyeshadows in my palettes but I also have a couple Lancome Color Trend (they're actually very easy to depot), some Milani, and a few MAC shadows. I stick a magnet (adhesive side against the pan) onto the bottom of the pan and pop it into the palette since a lot of eyeshadow pans (including MAC) are made of aluminum, which does not stick to magnets. It's the palette that holds the magnet. MAC refill pans have a magnet on the botton so they will hold to the palette I'm sorry I no longer have the link to a depotting tutorial that I found years ago but do a board search or look on youtube. Depotting MAC, UD, and Smashbox shadows is super easy. I've never lost an eyeshadow to depotting once. The trick is to heat melt the plastic and pop out the metal pan from the bottom. You do NOT want to pry out the pan from the top. Anyway, the 15-pan palette is a must have product if you have a lot of shadows. Although I would love to have a clear cover on the palettes to better identify my palettes, I'm afraid a clear cover will look cheat and get scratched up the way the 4-pan palettes do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Last night I depotted all the old MAC shadows I had and added them to the 15 pan palette I just bought. At first I was skeptical because I loved looking at all the little containers but I'm very happy that I took the plunge.

The process was tough, somewhat painful and scary (I would have cried if I broke one of them, or dropped one in the candle or something)...but definitely worth it. First of all it freed up TONS of space in my makeup box (room for more products yay!), I got 12 empties to turn in for 2 more eyeshadows, and its really nice to see all of my colors next to each other. Also since I live really close to a MAC store I can go and buy the pans instead of the pots, which is significantly cheaper. Like someone else said, even though you can turn in the empties after depotting it is actually cheaper to buy 7 pans than 6 pots. But if you don't live next to a MAC store then you will still get the other benefits even if you don't get to save some money.

For awhile I thought that I had a few colors that we're too similar, but now that I have them next to each other in the pan I can see how different they really are. I'm now much more likely to use the different colors that I have and want to try more and different combinations. Since I filled up my first palette, I'll have to get another one...meaning I'll be tempted to fill it up...increasing my MAC eyeshadow obsession.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This if for the 15x colour one.

LOVE THIS. It saves me so much room!! I love how it's magnetic though :) So you could switch them around to re-organize if you want.

The palette cost me $14.50CAD.
And the e/s refills are $13CAD each.

I don't know about other places but to me this is a better deal then buying each one seperately and depotting them to get that 'free' one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE my darling little quad palette. It is the best thing in the world that I don't have to go digging through my makeup every time I want to find a single shadow! I was getting sick of that routine. But now, I have four of the shadows that I use every day packed into one cute little container! This was the best makeup epiphany I have discovered for myself in a while, I wish I had known sooner about the whole depotting/palette/palette refills business. Ignorance is not bliss. I'm excited to buy more quads to organize single looks, and I also want to get the 15 palette too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lyndseylou42

Iím reviewing the x4 eyeshadow palette, available at MAC Pro and most freestanding MAC stores.

The x4 palette has a clear flat and sturdy lid, unlike the x15 palette which has a black sleek lid. But the x4 palettes make it super easy to organize a single look and if you have a bunch of them, you can immediately tell which palette you need without having to open it up. These are also fantastic if youíre a frequent traveler, easy to slip into your bag! The x4 empty costs approx $4 last I checked (correct me if I'm wrong!), and each pan refill costs $10.50-$11.50. The pan refills come already labeled, with a magnet, ready to slot into your quad! Thereís no hassle of depotting. It will cost you approx $46 to fill a x4 palette (includes cost of palette), versus buying 4 single e/s which would raid your wallet of $56... so these wonderful palettes which save you a bit of cash (AKA more money to spend at the MAC store)!

Here is a picture of one of my x4 quads to give you an idea of what they look like completed. If youíre curious the e/s from top left to bottom right are: Beautiful Iris, Parfait Amour, Shimmermoss, and Freshwater:

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I absolutely love the 15 pro palette for eyeshadows. It's great because its a lot cheaper to buy the pans than the actual single eyeshadow. However I know a lot of people like to buy them anyway and do the whole B2M exchange. Though I have worked out that overall you save about £5 if you only buy the pans which still isn't enough to buy yourself an eyeshadow. So it really depends if you can be bothered to depot the shadows to get that extra shadow.
Anyway...I really like the palette and is great to keep all your shadows together and so your make up bag is less cluttered. I like this a lot more than the quad because it's a lot smarter. The Quad does not look as smart, but I do keep one handy so I can take 4 colours with me if I go away for the weekend.
I would definitely repurchase the 15 pallete again because I think they are really useful and really good to identify colours that go well together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!! I had bought one so I could have a place to put my MAC pigments I pressed and I loved it so much I bought 4 more and depotted all my round shadows and actually went through the trouble of crushing and repressed all of my other eyeshadows!
I am aways looking for ways to organize and streamline everything, especially my makeup collection. I used to keep my every day shadows in a small train case under my sink and all of my other shadows in a large train case in the closet, out of the way, Well, those shadows would hardly get used because i would forget about them or wouldnt have time to go rifleing through them. Now they are all together in one space conscience container! All of my e/s that never got used are being used and ive been alble to free up alot of space.
I especially love how you can organize the e/s in the pallette however you wish. Im batty about organizing eveything by the color spectrum, and these allow me to do that.
Its a little extra work to press and label, and buy the empty tins and magnets, but the end result is efficient and space saving.
These are reasonable price at $12 for the 15 Pan. Ive heard they are not available at all MAC freestanding stores and otherwise are only availale on the MAC Pro site, for ppl with memberships. If neither of those options are available to you, you can often find them on ebay, but for about $20 plus shipping. Theye may be a pain to obtain, but are definately worth it.
Only drawback- if you drop your 15 pallette on the floor, you obviously risk alot more of your eyeshadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

This is an alright product, it holds 4 eyeshadows and costs 5 GB sterling pounds. I do love mac eyeshadows, so I'd keep this to hold my MACs but I found just judging the palette itself, it's not that great. The clear plastic lid looks a bit cheap, it should've been made in the same style as the 15 pan palette. I had a look at Shu Uemura and they have a much nicer palette that can hold a mixture of eyeshadows and blush in one (whereas the mac palette can only hold eyeshadows and the blush is a different palette.) The Shu palette can hold more as well and is all metal and you can choose in silver metal or black metal, it's also slimmer than the mac palette and all round much classier looking. I would'nt be able to judge whether shu uemura eyeshadows are good though as I've never tried them. Their palette also costs a lot more than the MAC one but it's so much more sturdy, I'm afraid my mac palette will snap in my handbag!
I think I will fill my MAC 4 pan and then go on to try shu's palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE these things. I'm just starting on my 3rd palette. I love how they're magnetic so I can switch them up and have the colors look a certain way in the palette. I also love how thin they are. I feel like a painter when I open them! And they're reasonably priced at $12. I couldn't imagine using a pot of eyeshadow anymore, I always get the refills now. Definitely a favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by julipsi