December 22, 2014 | 1802 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Using a Clinique cleanser is a big departure from my usual, natural skincare routine. For a little background, I have very dry and sensitive skin. I've tried the oil cleansing method, handmade gentle soaps, Dr. Hauschka, Aubrey Organics...all would work fine until I would develop a sensitivity to the botanicals, or would find an inconsistency in quality control from one batch to the next.

In comes Clinique Extra Mild bar soap. Is it natural? Absolutely not, but that is just what my skin needs now. Something a lab created to be extra mild and have a low chance of causing sensitivity. It will also be the exact same each time I buy it. I am still trying to find the best MU/Sunblock remover to use beforehand, as recommended, but the soap does just what it needs to do--clean my sensitive and dry skin without causing a rash or an exzema flare-up. I have been following it up with the Clarifying Lotion (toner w/o the number), the DDML, and Cityblock 25 and all has been happy.

Compared to the natural lines, it is dirt cheap and will last forever, also. If I can use this bar up without any problems, I will absolutely buy this again. During free gift time, of course!

Edit 5/9/13: I don't use this anymore, as it is simply too drying for my dry/sensitive facial skin. Still trying to find something mild and effective.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is much better for my skin than the Mild formula. It removes my make-up without being too harsh. Doesn't cause any dry flakes like the Mild formula did. This was my HG cleanser for a while, until I tried Cetaphil - that stuff is the bomb if you have sensitive skin - but this cleanser is a close 2nd. I love Clinique's pump borttle and all you need is two pumps for your entire face. I use this with Clinique's Mild Toner (the milky one).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is better than the Mild Facial soap as it isn't so harsh, and doesn't strip skin's natural oils as much. It works better for me if I only use a tiny bit, and then its much gentler.

But it still has sodium lauryl sulphate in it, which is a very cheap foaming ingredient known to sensitise skin. So I don't think it's a quality product at all, and for the price I think its a rip-off. I won't buy again but will continue using it up though.

I found it fussy to use. The dish often came open and leaked soap slime into my bag. If I tip off any moisture that accumulates at the bottom and keep it in my bathroom with the lid off the gunky bottom dries out, and its probably more hygenic.

I thought it was alot like the Simple brand of unscented body soap I sometimes use, which I can also use sparingly on my face. But that is $2 not $50. I think this product is worth about $4, accounting for the free dish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 More reviews by kylesmom27

A wonderful MUAer sent me a tiny sample bar of this and I LOVE IT! I went out the next day and bought the big bar. It makes my face feel clean but not tight and does remove light makeup. Never irritates my extremely senstive skin. Ingredients: Sodium Palmate/cocoate or palm kernelate, water purified, sodium cocyl isethionate, petrolatum, coconut acid, methyl gluceth-20, dimethicone, glycerin, sodium chloride, trisodium hedta, bht, titanium dioxide (CI 77891) [ILN6489]

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by twiggyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Does anybody know the ingreidents in this product? i can't find it ANYWEAR! so, if someone could please post the ingredients if they know. THANK YOU! :]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Lolalondon

Well knock me down with a feather! I actually like a Clinique facial product!

My skin has been changing dramatically over the last couple of years. I am 26 and i have changed from a fairly dry skin to one that has excess oil in that damned T-zone. Lots of spots and blackheads and a trial of various skincare products has ensued - some worked for a while and some just didn't.

I don't know what made me try this but for some reason I went for it. I do like soaps - they are simple and normally cost effective. It cost about 8 and I think it is money well-spent. This baby lasts for months!

It is extra mild so it lathers really well and cleans my face beautifully - no tightness and no dryness. I really like it. I use it at night and it rids of all my make up and seems to have helped my skin level out and calm down.

I can't say it will work for everyone but if you want to play it safe and get a non-irritable skin cleanser then this is a pretty good bet....I am a convert

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Shayna_Madela

i have extremely dry skin that is also acne prone if not cleaned completely. this product does exactly what i need. it cleans without stripping my face but keeps the pimples away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I have deleted my previous positive review as after using this for about 18 months my skin has become horrendously over sensitised. I never thought it would be this but having changed cleanser I am so much better. I think it would be good for dry skin and love the packaging and lather but not good at all for sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MyBuddy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe all the negative reviews here, unless women just don't like using any kind of bar soap on their face. I have mature, dry, sensitive, pigmented and wrinkled skin. This fragrance-free soap is my HG. One bar lasts a year for me, and it never dried my skin in all the time I have used it. It travels well. It is the only cleanser I need to remove my MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation and Lancome Definicils regular mascara. No kidding! I am able to take it all off without burning. I make sure my eyes are thoroughly rinsed with clear cool water before I open them.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by medic4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this even dries out my super sensitive skin.