Neostrata Facial Cleanser PHA 4%

4.1

Aqua (Water), Gluconolactone, Triethanolamine, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.

on 9/18/2003 9:20:00 AM

This is my HG. My skin has never looked better.

on 7/27/2003 8:44:00 AM

I was very disapointed when i discovered, using this product, that it was not a FOAMING one :-/ . I love cleansers that foam.

This cleanser is very gentle, that's true, but less gentle than my favourite one (Noviderm's Boreade Foaming Cleansing Cream).

I also don't think it works as an exfoliant, given that is a rinse-off products, with only 4% PHA and PHA are weak, but I think it pH balances the skin so that any hydroxy acid product you apply thereafter will be more effective.

But it remains a good product, with an hygienic and practical flip top bottle. Note I think it won't be cleansing enough if you wear heavy or ultramatte makeup.

on 7/8/2003 8:32:00 PM

PROS: Unscented, very gentle, doesn't dry out skin. CONS: I see no exfoliating benefits from this product at all. I am skeptical of the effectiveness of PHA, and even if it was proven effective it may not be when used in a rinse off cleanser. It leaves a film on my face - doesn't rinse off clean enough for me.

Will probably use this up but will not repurchase.

on 6/2/2003 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very good cleanser that doesn't dry out my sensitive skin. I like the fact that it does not foam and has no fragrance. After using this for almost 2 weeks, my face feels smooth and the milia I had forever fell off. I took one point off because I had to order this from the internet. Overall I am happy with this product, price is reasonable and love the pump bottle.
UPDATE: this cleanser ended up drying my face out. Leaving it tight and flaky. continued >>

on 3/1/2003 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has been my HG for years, and I have recommended it to friends who have problems with acne, wrinkles, dry skin, and even those in their 20s that have perfect skin. This cleanser is extremely gentle and brightens and evens out the skin gradually. I believe that everyone can benefit from this product as it suits every skin type and does such a splendid job in perfecting the overall quality and texture of the skin. It has been my secret to that "youthful glow" ever since the day I tried it.